Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotary Washing Line temporary Set up Easily removable

• 28-08-2012 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. I have a rotary washing line that i want to clamp to the side of my deck.
    Im thinking some sort of horse-shoe type clamp fitting 2 or 3 of them that you can slide the pole into and take out. I also thought about drilling a hole into the deck using a core drill bit but i reckon the deck would warp break if there was a bit of wind (not to mention an ingress for water)

Basically i want to be able to remove the washing line easily/quickly to enjoy the view as its a small garden and at the same time a rock solid washing line that doesnt fall over every 15 minutes with a gust of wind.:)
    I dont want to dig up the garden either and lay concrete. Has anyone solved this problem? My mum had a tripod type stand for her rotary washing line years ago that was useless for outside and broke in no time. I also know the "cement tyre" trick but that would be awkward and heavy to move

Advertisement