Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need your suggestion please!!!

Options
  • 28-08-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My neighbour put on two new windows facing my sidegarden and oppoisite to the existing windows in my house without any permission, which affect our privacy and house value. they informed me last night at 10:00pm and take action rudely today, the work is on-going now. According to the Planning Department in county hall, this need a planning permit but they did not apply. I am looking for the legal support for the next to protect our legal right in this country, please help us if possible. pm me if possible. thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Just for clarity, you have two windows looking out at your side garden and now your neighbor is putting two matching windows(without planning permission)on his house which will be overlook his side garden and across into yours-OR- is there only your side garden which his house overlooks?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Report the issue to your local planning dept. in writing. Prepare for ongoing trouble from a disgruntled neighbour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

complain to the planning section of your council if you like but logically you are unlikely to win. At best hes likely gong to have to apply for retrospective permission

if you got permission to have to identical windows on the side of your property how in gods name do you expect to have a complaint upheld.

Why should it be ok for you to get this work done but not your neighbour ?

If your issue is privacy buy some blinds. You have some nerve having issue with this when you did it yourself. Talk about being self obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KBee

well said d3po!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

D3PO wrote: »
    complain to the planning section of your council if you like but logically you are unlikely to win. At best hes likely gong to have to apply for retrospective permission

if you got permission to have to identical windows on the side of your property how in gods name do you expect to have a complaint upheld.
    Most councils will have a development standard stating that facing windows must be a minimum distance apart. The OP's windows presumably face a blank wall, which would be perfectly legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Victor wrote: »
    Most councils will have a development standard stating that facing windows must be a minimum distance apart. The OP's windows presumably face a blank wall, which would be perfectly legally.
    The last minute 10pm call sounds like the neighbour was pushing the OPs face in it. OP: is there a long running dispute between you and this neighbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elckids

housetypeb wrote: »
    Just for clarity, you have two windows looking out at your side garden and now your neighbor is putting two matching windows(without planning permission)on his house which will be overlook his side garden and across into yours-OR- is there only your side garden which his house overlooks?
    yes, only my side garden which his house overlooks, his house does not have side garden at this side. and two are all new house and my neoghbour build an extension facing his back garden so in his main house he build these two new windows facing my small side garden and my existing windows..

Advertisement