Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terrible broadband speeds

Options
  • 28-08-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

Can one of the Eircom reps please check my line, i am signed up to 8mb broadband, when connecting i was told that i would get around 6mb based on some test the guy setting it up carried out on people in my estate. I am getting 0.60 mb, things like sky go or youtube are unwatchable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

bambam26 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can one of the Eircom reps please check my line, i am signed up to 8mb broadband, when connecting i was told that i would get around 6mb based on some test the guy setting it up carried out on people in my estate. I am getting 0.60 mb, things like sky go or youtube are unwatchable.

Hi bambam26,

I've tested the line using the details from a previous contact with us. I'm fairly sure I have the correct number but could you PM me to confirm please. The number I did check has a small problem in that the speed we're providing is slightly higher than the max speed the line can take. I have reduced the profile from 8mb to 7mb to try stabilise the connection for you. I also see that you're using the Zyxel modem. There is a new firmware file for that modem that may also help improve it for you. If you could also put in the email address in your PM I'll send it on to you.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

Thanks for the help James, did the firmware and ran a couple of speed tests and getting on average of 6mb which is good enought to do what i want, hopefully it stays that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

bambam26 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help James, did the firmware and ran a couple of speed tests and getting on average of 6mb which is good enought to do what i want, hopefully it stays that way

Hi babbam26,

Glad to hear it, I will pass on the info to James. Will you continue to monitor it and let us know of any change.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement