Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self service Launderette?

Options
  • 28-08-2012 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

I’m currently searching for an “American style” launderette to do my washing – you know one where you wash your own clothes (in a coin operated machine) rather than have a stranger take your stuff and do it for you. I know there is a Mr Tubs on the north quays that has a self service facility but there is no parking there.

I’d be looking for:
    1) Somewhere located in Dublin 8, 10, 12, 20 or 22 with good parking where I can drag a few bags into and sit for a while the machines do their work.
    2) However i'd be flexible and would drive to most anywhere in Dublin.
    3) User friendly opening hours (i.e - open till late)

Anyone know of such a place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I used to go to the Ranelagh Laundrette (opposite Sallymount Ave.) until I realised that they liked to save money by not bothering to heat the water in the machines at all (40 degree wash had stone cold water).

Anyway, I discovered the two laundrettes in Rathmines, one opposite Lidl which was a little too expensive, and the other opposite Aldi, which I ended up using regularly because it did everything I wanted from a laundrette (i.e. clean and dry the clothes, and not cost a fortune). You can park anywhere on that Rathmines Road after 6:30 or 7pm for free too. Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Thanks for the info fatbhoy, i'll check it out.

Advertisement