Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early scans

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi ladies,just wondering from any of you that had early scans.I'm having mine saturday when I will be about 8 weeks and 3 days.I had a scan with my daughter at 8 weeks and 2 days and they used the internal one as it gave a better picture(this was in sanfrancisco where your 1st prenatal appointment is at 8 weeks)My question is did you get offered this if you you didn't get a clear picture through the belly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

hi meggysmom, I had mine at exactly 8 weeks. It was a sonogram and although it seemed clear, it did only show a teeny tiny little blob which was apparently the baby. To be honest, I didnt expect to see much anyway. More imprortantly, the sonographer could show us the blood flow to the fetus and also the heart beat. The main aim of us having the scan was to ensure the pregnancy was still ok which was confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

I was given an internal scan at around 8 weeks (I didn't drink enough water in time for the picture to be clear) in Wexford General. I would guess once you are there they make sure you and them get to see something.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

thanks girls,i guess i don't really want to be disapointed,with my little one we saw a perfect little bean shape baby with the heartbeat beating away.I will give them a call and see if they offer the alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I had an early scan done when I was 8 weeks pregnant in Femplus in Blanchardstown.
    Did the tummy scan and then sonographer asked if Id mind if she did an internal scan.....At that stage I was getting a little worried.....and then she said, ah thats what i thought........theres 1 baby, and theres the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

ha ha newmammy,great story and congrats:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Would love an early scan - is that something that is the norm, or is it something you ask for? Am scheduled for my first scan in Oct which will be 14 weeks in or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It's not usually the norm, Holding. You can book a private scan from 8 weeks or if you've had trouble conceiving or have a history of miscarriage, you can request one through your doctor or EPU:)

Advertisement