Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas & inspiration meetup

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've been trying new ideas, websites, opportunities for several years - not always with success but I am still determined to continue. I would like to meet some similar people to just chat about lifestyle entrepreneurship, passion projects and taking a different road in life - perhaps over a coffee. I work mostly online and it can be somewhat isolating not having work colleagues to bounce ideas off, especially as I am chatty by nature!

I recently finished reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill - I resisted it for years as the title turned me off but it an excellent book with some really great practical advice on achieving goals. I loved the idea of the mastermind group and would love to meet with some similar people who see possibilities and have the courage to try.

When you are doing something difficult there are lots of people who tell you to stop - I'd like to meet a little pep squad for innovation and enthusiasm. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a chat - drop me a pm with a little bit about you and I will definitely get back in contact!

O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 theres another way

That would be helpful information alright ;-)! I am based in Dublin - South City Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi

Sounds like a good idea. Im trying to get a couple of things of the ground at the moment and as I work on my own it would be good to meet like minded people for a chat. Im based in city centre. Sure if any one wants to meet up for a coffee and a chat let me know.

Hi Capefear,

Sounds good - just sent you a pm,
    O

• Registered Users Posts: 14 blue_morpho

Hi, myself and hubby have also just started a small part time business, would love to meet with like-minded people. I am around the city centre some days during the week, definitely give me a pm if you go ahead with the meetup :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ya i would also be interested, sat at a desk all day myself - im usually good to bounce a 1000 mails a day off :P

Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 15 flo_indublin

Me too! I'm in the south city centre, pls count me in if you ever meet up :-)
    I've recently become self employed and one of my activities is providing a service in a niche market, I would like to expand that idea but not sure how..

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi All
    Sure I throw this out and see what happens.

How does next weds suit say 5.30-6 somewhere in city centre? wheres good to get a coffee and have a chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

You can look here for some groups where you can talk to other like minded people http://startupwiki.ie/wiki/Events_and_Meetups

Also, Open Coffee is relaxed and is on this friday.

Hi all,

I'm meeting up with Capefear tomorrow at 5:30 in the Camden Court hotel on Camden Street. I know it's a bit late notice but if you can make it, it would be great to see you there. If you would like my number - pm me.

Sorry about the delay with contact - I was away for a few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 flo_indublin

It's great that you guys arranged to meet up. I have to pass this time as I have a tight deadline tomorrow for a last minute job. Part of the joy of freelancing! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Could be interesting! :) PM sent.

No problems Flo - maybe next time - I hope you you make the deadline!

Advertisement