Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing West Highland Terrier

• 28-08-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

West Highland Terrier 8yrs old called Molly
    missing on the Coumshingaun Mountain, Kilclooney Wood area on Saturday 18th August. She was wearing a red collar with aphone number tag and red harness
    Much loved family pet who loved the mountains.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

<snip> This dog was found but not in the same area,she looks similar;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 samelliot

It's not Molly, but thanks for the quick responce.
    searching the mountains again tonight.
    samelliot.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Hi, I've heard before of people leaving items of their clothing in the area their dogs go missing. Apparently the dog will pick up the scent and remain there. Now I've never tried it so don't know how true it is but it might be worth a try.
    Best of luck in finding Molly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

teggers5 wrote: »
    Hi, I've heard before of people leaving items of their clothing in the area their dogs go missing. Apparently the dog will pick up the scent and remain there. Now I've never tried it so don't know how true it is but it might be worth a try.

Try ringing all of the pounds and the Westie Rescue (westierescue.ie), unlikely but you never know. I'd also put some notices up in the area where you lost her. Hopefully someone has her and is looking after her...poor thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

teggers5 wrote: »

Try ringing all of the pounds and the Westie Rescue (westierescue.ie), unlikely but you never know. I'd also put some notices up in the area where you lost her. Hopefully someone has her and is looking after her...poor thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Put her up on http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/ and don't call the pounds, visit. But phone all the local vets and garda stations. Good tip on leaving a piece of clothing there - put contact phone numbers in the pockets too, so if she's found someone can call you.

Hope you find her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 samelliot

I have done all of these things, I left clothing in the woods at the base of the mountain, put ads in the newspaper, pounds, rescue centers, and have given out posters. living in hope at this stage will look again tonight.

samelliot

Advertisement