Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing a Fitness Business

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am helping a colleague build a fitness business. He does a really good bootcamp which is indoors with all the very latest and best kit. He also does personal and group training in what is without doubt a state of the art private gym environment. He is located on the northside of Dublin.

We are trying to boost numbers and would welcome any advice out there. We are doing the fliers to local households and business, Posters, have tried local advertising etc.

We were thinking of maybe hiring a commission based agent who would be very well rewarded for all the business they brought whether it be through fliers, business visits etc. Has anyone had any success with this? Does anyone know someone who would be interested ? All comments and advice are very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Link to your Facebook and youtube accounts on everything you hand out or advertise on. Show the people what they can get from you.

Also birthday shout-outs on the local radio are 100% free. ''Happy birthday Johnny, from Johnnys gym down the road'' etc.

Will probably come down to location, location, location. If I can get there and park there for free, I'll go there. That's how it is for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Thread moved to somewhere more suitable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Matrix Internet Web Design

Hi OP,

I would look at and emphasise:

-The benefits of your location and service

-What makes you stand out from the crowd

-The reviews and results have you gotten for the service you provide

-Testimonials from former and existing members

-Club facilities

-Social media - answer questions, stimulate debate, build a community around your offering.

Hope that helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If you want to tell them to get in touch via my sig, I can probably be of help.

I'll give you this for free tho - no one gives a sh*t about how great the gym is, they want to know what it can do for them, that you've helped people like them before, and that YOU'RE the answer to their problem.

....oh and be REALLY f*cking good at delivering results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beano57

Thanks. Much Appreciated

• Advertisement

Many thanks. Much Appreciated

No problem!!

...and just to clarify my "I'll give you this for free" comment wasn't meant to suggest I was going to charge anyone for anything. I opened a semi private fitness facility 3 weeks ago in Drumcondra and already have 35 members. I'm by no means an expert but know what it's like to get started and how to do it.

Thanks Hanley. Will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

factilities are one thing but for increasing members its all about .....

Testimonials and word of mouth. If someone is getting results and enjoys working with you and your members they will spread the word to family, friends and workmates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Some Help Please

Use pictures of clients on day 1 and contrast with pics after a set number of sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I was told the other day, 98% of all gym members live within a mile of the gym !!

If that doesnt narrow down where you need to market, i dont know what does.
    Best of luck with the venture anyway !

I was told the other day, 98% of all gym members live within a mile of the gym !!

If that doesnt narrow down where you need to market, i dont know what does.
    Best of luck with the venture anyway !

I dunno if I'd dispute that or not... Was that an Irish stat?? I've heard people will drive no more than 20 minutes out of their way too as another one, which I think is a good rule of thumb. BUT....

...I think different rules apply when it comes to group/coached environments for sure anyway. I agree that the closer you are the more likely you are to go, but I've people coming from Lucan, Swords, Blanchardstown and Terenure to train in Drumcondra/Fairview because of the results that they hear about.

The first port of call HAS to be proving your worth, people will travel if you can do that.

Be an excellent coach and an excellent marketer. No one gives a crap about you, who you are or what you do until they know you can do it. And that requires results. People don't care what you know, until they know that you care.

Advertisement