Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Istanbul Kebab

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Never mind Istanbul - try the kebabs across the road in Pizza Palace. They're huge, made with proper lamb in fresh flatbread. Mmmmmmm......
    Where is that exactly? Never registered with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Boskowski wrote: »
    Where is that exactly? Never registered with me...

It's where Aaron's used to be. Across the road from The Front Lounge. Never understood why people rate Istanbul so highly, the kebabs are mystery meat at best! Try Zaytoon in Dublin some time, that's a real kebab! You even feel good eating it sober! If Zaytoon ever opened here I'd gain about 2 stone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Elbows22 wrote: »
    You could call it the "KeBlaab" :D

i want to eat that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

The instanbul kebabs were garbage the only reason people liked them is because they were polluted at 2 in the morning eating them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

johnnykilo wrote: »
    It's where Aaron's used to be. Across the road from The Front Lounge. Never understood why people rate Istanbul so highly, the kebabs are mystery meat at best! Try Zaytoon in Dublin some time! If Zaytoon ever opened here I'd gain about 2 stone :D

Johnny, we must be long lost brothers, zaytoon is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The best Kebabs in town are opposite Garter lane theatre, can't think of the name but good food that you don't have to be rat arsed to eat.
    Bodrum?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I..Try Zaytoon in Dublin some time, that's a real kebab! You even feel good eating it sober! If Zaytoon ever opened here I'd gain about 2 stone :D

Ohh now there is an idea.. I love Zaytoon, tis amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Decibel Audio

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ohh now there is an idea.. I love Zaytoon, tis amazing :D

Yep Zatoon top place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I'm salivating about the thought of a Zaytoon. For anyone who hasn't had one, make it your business to get one next time you're up in Dublin.

Tip: Ask for it to go. They'll wrap it up really neat and tidy, otherwise you're messing around with it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Zaytoon me hole

Iskanders on Dame St is where its at!

Glad that Istanbul is reopening all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

l.jpg
    l.jpg

The best kebab in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

Nicest kebab I have ever had even though it's in the county is a doner kebab in the chipper in kill, loads of meat and fresh flatbread,yummmm

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

looked fairly open today when i passed..........different sign up alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Never mind Istanbul - try the kebabs across the road in Pizza Palace. They're huge, made with proper lamb in fresh flatbread. Mmmmmmm......

I hope their kebab's are better than their cheapo pizzas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Harry, the owner, has reopened in navan. Istanblue its called. Delish!

This is easily the worst news I have ever gotten at quarter to three in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Yep, it was definitely open yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 trueman100

istanbul kebab there last 15 years if i am not wrong.they never changed any recipe since they opened.it is real meat.it is not frozen you can tell that.only think they dont do naan bread.there was a kebab shop at yellow road once.i cant remember the name.they had nice turkish naan bread but istanbul kebab is always best in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 trueman100

wellboytoo wrote: »
    The best Kebabs in town are opposite Garter lane theatre, can't think of the name but good food that you don't have to be rat arsed to eat.
    Bodrum?
    bodrum lol crap.istanbul is the best.once i tryed bodrum chef said no garlic sauce left.second time no chilli left.and last time he said no ketchup left lol.

Advertisement