Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Forerunner 10 coming in Sept for 135$

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Got my FR10 this morning. Looks good. Thanks amphkingwest!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I'd also be interested if it's not too late

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭npresto

Firmware Updated to ver 2.2 yesterday.

A new "Pace/Speed" menu was added to Run Options.

It gives you the option to choose which Pace/Speed "type" is displayed in the 2 display screens.

So now you can choose one of the following:
    • Current Pace/Speed
    • Average Pace/Speed for current lap
    • Average Pace/Speed for entire run

Up to now you could only display the Average Pace/Speed at the end of a run.
    Now Average Pace/Speed can be displayed during your run.

Happy days :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's a nice update, thanks for letting us know..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DonKing

That's great. That was the only problem I had with the watch not being able to see my current pace. I've no excuses now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Looking at getting one of these myself. I was reading a few reviews online and they all say the gprs is poor taking a while to connect

Anyone of you here who have purchased one notice this yourself?

The only time I have hassle picking up a signal is in certain parts it town when I go for a run at lunch. It works fine in the park or the suburbs usually picks up the satellite within 40 secs.

stevekavo wrote: »
    The only time I have hassle picking up a signal is in certain parts it town when I go for a run at lunch. It works fine in the park or the suburbs usually picks up the satellite within 40 secs.

Exactly what i was thinking reading the reviews. Your happy enough with this purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Looking at getting one of these myself. I was reading a few reviews online and they all say the gprs is poor taking a while to connect

Anyone of you here who have purchased one notice this yourself?

My Gf has one. Its fine 95% of the time but occasionally it has a brain freeze and can't locate satellites for up to 10 minutes and will sometimes reset itself randomly during runs. In saying that she is still on the first version of the firmware and hasn't updated to the latest version which I think has sorted out those issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

It's the same for any GPS device. If you don't have access to the sky you can't get a signal lock.

It's important to keep up to date with the software. The few queries I've received have all been resolved by updates. I'm still surprised by the amount of Garmin 110 and 210 that are never updated, they are charged off a wall socket and never plugged into a computer.

If you charge off the computer, the device updates will automatically be detected and installed.

• Advertisement

I've no problem with mine I understand about the GPS signal issue in town. I'm happy with mine. I just use it on short runs at the moment but I used it in DCM last year and it was perfect.

I've no problem with mine I understand about the GPS signal issue in town. I'm happy with mine. I just use it on short runs at the moment but I used it in DCM last year and it was perfect.

I was looking at the Garmin 310X but after doing some research i came across the Forerunner 10 and it's exactly what i need. I think i'll make the trip over to Ballymount in the next few weeks.

Have been using my FR10 for this year and working fine. It can take a couple of minutes sometimes to find a sat but it's not too much of a problem

Unfortunately now with the DCM coming up, the strap has come lose from the watch. The strap seems to be a little stretched and won't clip onto the retaining pin. Seems a little flimsey to me and I would have expected that a sports watch would be of a better more robust design.

Has anyone experienced this problem and is there anyway of fixing it? Might get some superglue. Is there any way to shrink the plastic strap so that the retaining pin gets a grip of the strap?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

DonKing wrote: »
    Have been using my FR10 for this year and working fine. It can take a couple of minutes sometimes to find a sat but it's not too much of a problem

Unfortunately now with the DCM coming up, the strap has come lose from the watch. The strap seems to be a little stretched and won't clip onto the retaining pin. Seems a little flimsey to me and I would have expected that a sports watch would be of a better more robust design.

Has anyone experienced this problem and is there anyway of fixing it? Might get some superglue. Is there any way to shrink the plastic strap so that the retaining pin gets a grip of the strap?

Any ideas?
    Ring garmin, complain, get replacement, takes less than 2 weeks.

DonKing wrote: »

Any ideas?

You got that off me? Ring me and I'll organise a swap out for you, take 2 days with the post rather than 2 weeks back and forth to Garmin UK.

You got that off me? Ring me and I'll organise a swap out for you, take 2 days with the post rather than 2 weeks back and forth to Garmin UK.

That's right, I bought it off yourself earlier in the year. Thanks for the offer of replacement. I contacted Garmin directly and they have already come back confirming that they are shipping a replacement strap. It should be with me within the next 10 days.

I superglued the strap back on and it seems to be holding so 2 weeks wait is no problem.

Thanks for replying and thanks again for your offer. Pretty impressed with Garmins response.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭npresto

Firmware Updated to ver 2.3 last week.

GPS much better and quicker at locking into satellites now.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who never update their watches. We've had a few complaints of slow hook up and when you check the 'About' they are still on original firmware. Also you should register it with Garmin, it only takes a few minutes to do through the website & keeps a record of your serial number and date of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

What's the current price on this watch? It sounds like a good 1st watch for someone who isn't interested in a HRM?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

ariana` wrote: »
    What's the current price on this watch? It sounds like a good 1st watch for someone who isn't interested in a HRM?

About €100-€120 depending on vendor.

I got it this time last year, no complaints if you just want speed/distance/time.

After a year, I realised I sort of wanted the extra functionality of HRM etc so just got FR 220. But still don't regret the Fr10 as a way to test the water.

The other option coming out is the FR15, which has some alternative functionality that might interest you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

ariana` wrote: »

Got mine a few weeks a go in amphibian king bray (good people), €122 euro. Absolutely no complaints perfect first watch and very user friendly...

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

My FR10 won't allow me to update, not enough memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

My FR10 won't allow me to update, not enough memory.

You tried a hard reset? Always found that resolved any issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Grabbed one for €96 in Snow and Rock, Dundrum last week.
    Very pleased so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

crisco10 wrote: »
    You tried a hard reset? Always found that resolved any issues..

Will try this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Will try this. Thanks

If you just remove some of your runs (think you can delete via the tool but you can also go in via explorer and just delete them off) that sorted it for me.

Advertisement