Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

190 euromillions winner trying to win again

• 28-08-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭

Thought i'd post this:
    BEAMING £148.6million Lottery winner Adrian Bayford obviously reckons he is on a roll... as he forks out £4 on two more EuroMillions tickets yesterday.

Exactly a week after buying the slip that changed his life, the 41-year-old dad of two tucked his latest “investment” safely away before leaving a Tesco store to go on a shopping spree for his kids.
    The music shop owner, in Dundee with four-year-old son Cameron and brother-in-law Colin McCulloch, then walked into the town’s Disney store with his lad on his shoulders.
    Cameron wandered the aisles choosing his favourite toys.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4493496/148m-not-enough-for-you-Adrian-Bayford.html

Greed. Utter greed.
    he wins 190 million euro. Wants to win it again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So if I do a bet today and it comes in I should never bet again???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

kfallon wrote: »
    So if I do a bet today and it comes in I should never bet again???

190 MILLION ...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Exactly a week after buying the slip that changed his life, the 41-year-old dad of two tucked his latest “investment” safely away before leaving a Tesco store to go on a shopping spree for his kids.
    The music shop owner, in Dundee with four-year-old son Cameron and brother-in-law Colin McCulloch, then walked into the town’s Disney store with his lad on his shoulders.
    Cameron wandered the aisles choosing his favourite toys.

With his lad on his shoulder? Some people have it all!:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

But its his £4.

Let him blow it on the lotto if he wants !

• Advertisement

190 MILLION ...

:rolleyes:

And if there was an article about him doing a Lucky 15 in his local bookies you'd be saying the same thing again, maybe he just likes the thrill of a gamble/chance to win money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Just then you think the Sun cant get any lower (not at sunset like) this article comes along.

Someone spends 4 quid? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

If only Sean Quinn had of stopped trying to accumulate wealth when he got to 190million.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hungry b@stard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Ah shure leave him off.. €190,000,000 wouldn't get you as much these days as it would have 20 years ago.

• Advertisement

The bang of jealousy off this thread!

And if there was an article about him doing a Lucky 15 in his local bookies you'd be saying the same thing again, maybe he just likes the thrill of a gamble/chance to win money!

So kfallon,
    You are telling us that if you won 190 million. You would continue to do the euromillions to try and win another 30 million (or whatever the jackpot may be) ?

And if you won that, you would want to win AGAIN?! and again? ... and again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

How is this even a story?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Jaysus the Sun really are a dirty bunch of stalkers aren't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Greed. Utter greed.

You just sound jealous tbh. Let the man alone. Its his cash to choose how to spend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

What's the problem? Why should he be called greedy?

He got lucky and won some money, surely he's allowed to do as he pleases with it within the law. Would you consider it greedy of him to invest some of his winnings to try and generate more money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Does anyone from the lotto is a tax on idiots brigade have anything to say on this?

...Thought not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I hope he only wins £2.00

So kfallon,
    You are telling us that if you won 190 million. You would continue to do the euromillions to try and win another 30 million (or whatever the jackpot may be) ?

Maybe! It's costing him €4 a week! I'd still continue to have a few bets at the weekend too even though I have €190m in the bank.

I really don't see what your point is tbh!

I don't see you giving out about Billionaire Businessmen trying to accumulate more wealth so why does this guy get it in the neck when he is only 'risking' €4 every week to try accumulate a large return. It's his money, let him do what he wants with it

Thought i'd post this:

Greed. Utter greed.

Scummy. Utter scummy.

Poster thinking he's better than the lotto winner.

I've food , a bus ticket and 1 Euro to my name until Friday, and I don't begrudge whatshisface a lotto ticket.

Scum begrudges, begrudgers are scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

So kfallon,

But I say he's an idiot because it's freak luck to win the lotto.
    He'd sooner lose 190m on it than win it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

He should start investing in wheelbarrows, he will need enough of them when the ar*se falls out of the economy. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

if i won €190 mill, id wait until its at this level again and spend a few mill on one draw to win it again, sure why not

Duiske wrote: »
    You just sound jealous tbh. Let the man alone. Its his cash to choose how to spend it.

For the record. I am not jealous or begrudging or anything like that. he won it. So be it. Good for him :)

But... does that mean i cant call a greedy person just that? without being accused of the above? :confused:

But yet, if i created a thread moaning about the public sector and their wages i'd get dozens of 'thanks' on here? .. But you wouldnt call me jealous then?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

If the Sun were stalking me after a massive lotto win, I'd definitely buy a lotto ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

maybe his only goal in life is to win the euromillions twice. nothing wrong with that. why would you crush a mans dreams?
    you dont even know what hes doing with the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Its probably just a habit he got into buying a lottery ticket every week or whatever

For the record. I am not jealous or begrudging or anything like that. he won it. So be it. Good for him :)

But... does that mean i cant call a greedy person just that? without being accused of the above? :confused:

But yet, if i created a thread moaning about the public sector and their wages i'd get dozens of 'thanks' on here? .. But you wouldnt call me jealous then?

I pity the fool who called him greedy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I used have a recurring dream as a kid that every time I put my hand in my pocket, a pound coin would magically appear. It meant that when I wanted something for £100 (like a mountain bike which in the 80's cost 100 punts for a great one) I would have to put my hand in my pocket 100 times. I hope my subconscious didnt think I was greedy.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to share that with you strangers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mind you, if I did win the Euromillions jackpot, I'd stop playing after that.

Simply because I'd be afraid of winning it a second time.

The odds against that happening are so vast that if it did happen,
    people would then question the validity of both wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Maybe he is buying it for a friend? He just won millions, perhaps his friends think he has the "lucky" touch, and hoped some of it would rub off on them?

I have never done the lotto, but often have friends asking me to scratch scratchcards for them, or pick a horse for them, because I tend to be quite lucky when picking things for others. Never won anything big on a scratchcard for myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm not jealous he has €190 million.

Now, if he had a monkey I'd be jealous.

I want my monkey, dammit. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

engrish? wrote: »
    It meant that when I wanted something for £100 (like a mountain bike which in the 80's cost 100 punts for a great one) I would have to put my hand in my pocket 100 times. I hope my subconscious didnt think I was greedy.

In your dream, did you ever get arrested for lewd conduct ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

toc2012 wrote: »
    if i won €190 mill, id wait until its at this level again and spend a few mill on one draw to win it again, sure why not
    With odds of 116 million to 1 and 2euro a line it would be a sure way of losing your millions;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    With his lad on his shoulder? Some people have it all!:mad:

Class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Greed. Utter greed.
    Begrudgery is a disgusting trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i would feel sorry for anyone winning that amount of money to be honest - yes, its fantastic...........for a while.

but in the long run I would imagine it would bring misery, jealousy, untrustworthiness, insecurity, and would make you a bit of a target for the "woe is me" brigade, and also from the "how do I get me some of that money" brigade.

no, not worth winning really, unless most of it is given away.

smash wrote: »
    Begrudgery is a disgusting trait.

Post #25, mate.

Post #25, mate.
    But why should you care? Do you think Bill Gates is Greedy when he says he wants to develop a new version of windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes, yes I would. Why? Because it's fun to play the lotto.

• Advertisement

Sure you'd make back the €4 for the ticket in around 10 seconds with your interest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

He probably needs the money to build a time machine so he can travel back home... To the palaeolithic era....

Head on him! He's the most un-evolved person I've ever seen!

He probably needs the money to build a time machine so he can travel back home... To the palaeolithic era....

Head on him! He's the most un-evolved person I've ever seen!
    yea, but you're a monkey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Why would he stop playing?

Did Federer stop playing after winning his first Wimbledon?
    Did Brazil stop playing after their 1st World Cup?
    Did England stop playing after their 1st World cu.... Oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

inforfun wrote: »
    Why would he stop playing?

Did Federer stop playing after winning his first Wimbledon?
    Did Brazil stop playing after their 1st World Cup?
    Did England stop playing after their 1st World cu.... Oh.

Comparison fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I would have thought he'd have some security chaps following him around in case of kidnappers. I must make a plan.

Bit of a cheapskate though - shopping spree in Tescos and the Disney store. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

smash wrote: »
    yea, but you're a monkey!

We're all monkeys, friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Eathrin wrote: »
    But I say he's an idiot because it's freak luck to win the lotto.
    He'd sooner lose 190m on it than win it again.
    At 4 quid a week, I'd say it'd take a while.
    Lapin wrote: »
    The odds against that happening are so vast that if it did happen,
    people would then question the validity of both wins.
    He still has the same chance of winning as everyone else that enters, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

One thing people are missing is maybe he enters the same numbers each week? I know my parents have played the same 6 numbers for a line every single draw since the lotto started. So if they won the lotto they'd still play with the same numbers, just in case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I would have thought he'd have some security chaps following him around in case of kidnappers. I must make a plan.

Bit of a cheapskate though - shopping spree in Tescos and the Disney store. :D

You know how it is.......

You spend your last 2 euro on a lottery ticket. Saturday evening the draw takes place. You win, Yey! :)

But, you're skint. Not even enough for a bottle of sparking Devils Bit to celebrate :mad: The next's day is Sunday and the banks are closed so no advance of cash there.

Millions and Millions on a little piece of paper. No credit in phone to call the lottery people. No Mon, no fun. Jeez I am depressed already!

• Advertisement
Advertisement