Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> Human Resources

Options
  • 28-08-2012 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

Hi Guys,

A <SNIP> member of staff threatened to assault me last week in one of its city centre stores in Dublin. I reported the matter to Gardai but I'm having some trouble locating an email address for their human resources department in Dublin. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A letter may be a lot more effective than an email.

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

A word to the wise - be very very sure of your facts on this.

Civil assault requires some very certain criteria to be met and criminal assault will require a very high standard of proof. If someone ends up in a disciplinary over this then they will have certain rights including the right to cross examine any witnesses - which may include you.

If it turns out this is a spurious accusation you may then find yourself on the business end of a defamation action.

I am taking the biased point of view from working in the City Centre and on occasion having to eject members of the public who had crossed the line. If you are absolutely certain you are in the right then fair enough - just be sure. IMO leave the Gardai to handle it - if they feel they need to contact the employer they will giving you a layer of protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

In my opinion, I think making an allegation publicly and naming the company is on dodgy ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Agreed - Company name removed and thread closed (as this is not a Consumer Issue).

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement