Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2013 Demo No.2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Not out on PS3 till tomorrow. Anyone got it yet? Anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Thanks, must give this a go when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

they have a few training options in this time round.

not sure what gameplay changes are in, didnt play much

Hard to tell the gameplay changes between the 2. I played 3 games of each demo, definitely like it! Can't motivate myself to play friendlies though.
    Learned a few new things in training. I'd love if they included every move in training, cos it's the only way I learn them!
    Can't for the life of me do the second one in "dribbling", the 2 touch feint or whatever it's called.
    Loved the shooting, first touch chest one is great. It was probably in older games, but I never knew how to do it!

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Can't for the life of me do the second one in "dribbling", the 2 touch feint or whatever it's called.

Same. It's the one with the right and left stick?

I can get around the defender, but I keep failing so it's not in the intended way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think that's the one where you push RS UP or DOWN (think tutorial says right) and then LS forward. You have to leave go of LS when entering the RS command I believe.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gawd, that took ages and then I fluked it :(

the shooting nutmeg one I gave up on. keeper saved it everytime and I couldnt figure it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

taken from a pes forum, if this is true, this is surely the death of pes..

Oh dear, what the hell are they thinking...

Quote:
    INTRODUCTION

Initially, Master League looks the same as last year. Choosing real life players or fake players is now a simple option, as Konami have removed the PES Shop. More on this element at a later date. After you choose the look and nationality of your persona, you enter the press conference where you are presented to the media.

Sat at your desk, you are introduced to your secretary, and she talks you through everything in ML, similar to last year. You are briefly introduced to the new boots acquisition and shop within ML, but nothing in-depth.

The start of change

As you enter your first match, you’ll realize all your players are wearing plain black boots. Not only that, the opposition players are also wearing plain boots. After the match, I was awarded a pair of Nike boots.

In ML, you unlock boots to assign to players, and this will give them a stat boost. The boots you acquire though can only be assigned to one player. I unlocked around 4 boots in my first season. They have different abilities, so by unlocking the Adidas F50 it will give the player I assign it to a boost in pace.

It’s important to remember that the opposition are going through the same process. I played Barcelona in the CL, and players like Messi and Iniesta were wearing fake boots. Not one of the opposition player was wearing a boot they would in real life, but they had on different boots with different abilities.

Micro-boosting

In ML you have a new menu called Items, which consists of ‘Shop, Item List and Equipment’. The shop has access to 18 different stat boosting abilities, from strength training with dumbbells, to a cycling machine that helps stamina. These items cost points, which you gain from playing the game in general. So, Konami have removed PES Shop of old, and implemented it into ML.

What’s key to remember is that each element purchased can only be assigned to one player. Also, some elements last for a set amount of time, like a season.

Each player in ML now has an Item menu, which allows 3 slots, plus a boot slot. So you can give them 3 different stat boosts, and then boots to compliment that.

As an example, you could give a player like Andy Carroll stat boosts in dribbling and pace, and Adidas F50 boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

well this game is still a million miles behind Fifa imo, and i havent even seen Fifa 13 yet.

FAR far far too many options etc in team tactics and gameplay. Im sure it is aimed at the Asian market in that way.

Will be buying Fifa without doubt ahead of this as the demo did nothing for me.

That practise thing is a joke as posters have stated above. The nutmeg on the GK??? WTF

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

well this game is still a million miles behind Fifa imo, and i havent even seen Fifa 13 yet.

FAR far far too many options etc in team tactics and gameplay. Im sure it is aimed at the Asian market in that way.

That practise thing is a joke as posters have stated above. The nutmeg on the GK??? WTF

I liked the first demo. It's more realistic than fifa imo. Fifa is probably more fun to play though.

That's the first time I've ever heard "far to many options" being a problem! That makes no sense :confused: . Don't use what you don't need, simple!
    As for the practice, it's a demo. If they show you a wrong direction in practice in the demo, it's not exactly the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Thats ridiculous. Pro Evo always had the better tactics/ game plan settings. You can really edit the way your team plays. That said, Fifa has better gameplay these days so that automatically wins.

I feel the game plan settings in FIFA are limited to what you can do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Fifa fan here but was at my friends house playing this demo earlier and I must say it was very enjoyable to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

really dont know how people prefer pro evo over fifa. i see the real names are in it this year, i play the demo every year didnt find it great.. i scored the same goals which where just centre of outside the box. the passing seems better than fifa though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

PES 2013 seems to be much better than previous versions. The only thing i suppose is the licencing issues. Manchester United only licenced team in Prem. But will defo be purchasing a patch from Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ruicosta10

Hahaha, PURCHASE a patch from eBay? Why the hell would you do that when these are readily downloadable for the princely sum of nothing on fansites such as WENB and PESFan. Please don't tell me you've done this before, option files have been available online for the PES series for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

The only reason I'd buy this game, would be to change all the team names for nostalgic purposes. :pac:

Pity about the game.

MD1990 wrote: »

Win win for Konami.

They give people an opportunity to try PES. If they like it great, if not, they can trade it in against FIFA the following week.

Can't see how it wouldn't be a good thing for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have to say, after last years debacle, which I eventually ended up actually hating the game, this demo was very very enjoyable. Players, touches seem more responsive, the passing system has been improved as has the shooting system.

Will wait for the FIFA demo before I go through with the pre-order on this, but so far the PES demo is very impressive and has me coming back for more and more games. Wish the matches were slightly longer though.

I'm a fifa fan too but I love the demo. The passing is better I think, and more realistic. i.e you can play a through ball in behind the full back and the winger has the pace to get through unlike fifa where the full back can turn and get it straight away.

The shooting is hard I think but there is great variety. The corners are better and more realistic too as is when a shot gets deflected the ball doesn't lose all it's power like in fifa.

Hardest thing is getting used to the controls after playing fifa for so long. I'm tempted by this.

Prick! wrote: »
    I'm a fifa fan too but I love the demo. The passing is better I think, and more realistic. i.e you can play a through ball in behind the full back and the winger has the pace to get through unlike fifa where the full back can turn and get it straight away.

The shooting is hard I think but there is great variety. The corners are better and more realistic too as is when a shot gets deflected the ball doesn't lose all it's power like in fifa.

Hardest thing is getting used to the controls after playing fifa for so long. I'm tempted by this.
    In the full game you'll be able to edit the buttons. It's the hardest thing when changing between the 2. Nothing worst than finally getting through on goal and pressing the long pass button

In the full game you'll be able to edit the buttons. It's the hardest thing when changing between the 2. Nothing worst than finally getting through on goal and pressing the long pass button

Yeah, or what I find is when you have a small window to make a decision you have to think what button to press and the opportunity goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Will wait for the FIFA demo before I go through with the pre-order on this, but so far the PES demo is very impressive and has me coming back for more and more games. Wish the matches were slightly longer though.

You on Console or PC? If PC there is a patch to edit the demo so you can add more teams or play 30min halves (at least there was for first demo).

As I came from ProEvo to Fifa I have use the alternative shooting method so it's always "square" for shooting on both games for me, something I'm always glad FIFA brought in!
    The hardest switch for me is sprinting... for some reason I always get the back (FIFA) and front (WE/PES) shoulder buttons mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

ruicosta10 wrote: »
    Hahaha, PURCHASE a patch from eBay? Why the hell would you do that when these are readily downloadable for the princely sum of nothing on fansites such as WENB and PESFan. Please don't tell me you've done this before, option files have been available online for the PES series for many years.
    Yes i did buy it on EBAY, it included the below stuff

Correct team names
    Correct team squads including starting line-ups and formations
    Correct team strips - home, away & goalkeepers
    Correct player names & numbers
    Correct competition & stadium names
    Player transfers up-to-date as of Summer 2012 transfer window
    All clubs and competitions have correct emblems & logos
    New stadiums added including all Premier League stadiums
    This PES 2012 Option File includes all 18 German League (Bundesliga) teams all Champions League Teams, and 18 English Championship teams
    This PES Option File Update will also work with online modes of PES 2012

Cost me €2, actually thought that wasn't bad. obviously made a mistake.

when will the patch be available after the release of PES 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yes i did buy it on EBAY, it included the below stuff

Cost me €2, actually thought that wasn't bad. obviously made a mistake.

when will the patch be available after the release of PES 2013?

Yeah you can get most of that stuff (if not all) online though maybe not all in the one patch/option file.

A good site I've used for nearly 10 years now is evo-web.co.uk
    I have used this sites forums to find translastion patches and updates all Pro Evo games from around Winning Eleven 6 up

Direct link to 2013 Editing Thread or 2013 Patches/Options file (though you will need to register to view - well worth it!)

Some excellent forums on that website that cater to all versions of Pro Evo including 2013. Obviously though as game is not yet released there are no patches out for full game though there are quite a few out for the demo (in link above) which will give an example of the patch quality for final game e.g. PES2013 demo - Unlock 154 teams patch

I wouldn't mind donating €2 to whoever did the option file. But if you got it on ebay, it could be anyone that downloaded a file and is just selling it on.

I use one by Glen the Magpie. @gtmpesworld is his twitter name, site is http://www.gtmpesworld.com/ or you'll see his thread on www.pesgaming.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Having played both FIFA and this, I much prefer this. FIFA is the same as last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Advertisement