Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2013 Demo No.2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

For anyone interested Zavvi are doing an offer whereby you get PES for £19.99 if you buy boxers with it for £14.99. Details of offer here: Zavvi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone know can you patch the Xbox version with an option file like you can on the PS3, I rember it being a more difficult task on the Xbox 360.

s_carnage wrote: »
    For anyone interested Zavvi are doing an offer whereby you get PES for £19.99 if you buy boxers with it for £14.99. Details of offer here: Zavvi

Was it them that had a previous boxers promotion maybe a year ago?.

Can't remember the game(probably wasn't PES) but the offer rang a bell.

It's a strange one :confused: ..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Was it them that had a previous boxers promotion maybe a year ago?.

Can't remember the game(probably wasn't PES) but the offer rang a bell.

It's a strange one :confused: ..... :pac:

Ah it's not really. Roll on next week playing Pro Evo all wknd in my new boxers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Just played it for a prolonged period and I feel that it is back, to a large extent anyway. FIFA wasn't perfect football but has fantastic online mode. This PES plays brilliantly, I love it. Hopefully it's online mode is up to scratch because I am excited by this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Julez wrote: »
    Anyone know can you patch the Xbox version with an option file like you can on the PS3, I rember it being a more difficult task on the Xbox 360.
    There's good information on how to do it on www.pesgaming.com, go to the forums. I have a ps3 so I'm not sure how. But it's not a simple stick it on a usb and copy across.
    Just played it for a prolonged period and I feel that it is back, to a large extent anyway. FIFA wasn't perfect football but has fantastic online mode. This PES plays brilliantly, I love it. Hopefully it's online mode is up to scratch because I am excited by this!
    I'll put money on it that online mode is shite. Haven't played fifa online, but I can safely say that it's better than PES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

The PES online was pathetic in PES 2012. The whole ranking system was a shambles

No mention that there was going to be an improvement in PES 2013.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Zico-PES wrote: »

I will never believe a word those guys write again. Too many times they have proclaimed 'the return of the king' only for the game to disappoint yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

I will never believe a word those guys write again. Too many times they have proclaimed 'the return of the king' only for the game to disappoint yet again.

It's not a WENB review, its links to reviews from gaming sites all over Europe. WENB can get a bit excited sometimes like last year but even still they only gave it 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

thorbarry wrote: »

I feel the game plan settings in FIFA are limited to what you can do

Without a doubt this is the one area where FIFA is lagging well behind

The only review that's important for PES is your own! And you have to give it a month of playing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

The reviews have been good, and I have actually enjoyed this Demo, its the first time in a long time I feel like it might get close to the older games. Not perfect but definitly a whole lot more playable!

Julez wrote: »
    The reviews have been good, and I have actually enjoyed this Demo, its the first time in a long time I feel like it might get close to the older games. Not perfect but definitly a whole lot more playable!

No football game will ever be perfect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

gonna give this a rent to see what the online is like, getting good reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Seems we're going to be getting a new set of defaults for the master league... :o

After 0:50 onwards it shows our new players!

You can look at all their individual stats here...

http://pesdb.net/pes2013/index.php?filter_Team=%22MASTERLEAGUE%20DEFAULT%22&filter_League-checkbox=4096&sort=Shirt_Number&order=a

Whoever is in charge of generating random names needs to be sat down and given a bit of a bollocking tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Would love to pick this up after 2 PES-less years but can't find anywhere near me (Canada) that's selling the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm wary to be honest. I still have nightmares of the horrendous online lag a couple years back. I'm not much of an offline person so online is important to me. Spending 50 quid on a gamble is too much. I'll wait and see. If after a couple of weeks everyone says it's fine, than I'll pick it up.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm wary to be honest. I still have nightmares of the horrendous online lag a couple years back. I'm not much of an offline person so online is important to me. Spending 50 quid on a gamble is too much. I'll wait and see. If after a couple of weeks everyone says it's fine, than I'll pick it up.
    Every year they say online is improved and every year it's worse. It's way to slow to even show you the connection speed of who you're about to play.
    I'll be playing a few online games this weekend, so I'll give you an honest review. But I'm not expecting much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

JamieK wrote: »
    Seems we're going to be getting a new set of defaults for the master league... :o

After 0:50 onwards it shows our new players!

They should bring back the classic default players like Cellini, Ruskin or Barrota. Especially Cellini, he would nearly always be the last player I'd replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Big Spoon

Does anyone know if this is out today or tomorrow? Really excited by the reviews - hopefully it's a return to form!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Big Spoon wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is out today or tomorrow? Really excited by the reviews - hopefully it's a return to form!

tomorrow

when I was play master league in pro 2012 as liverpool I didn't reconise any of the squad players,no gerrard,reina,luis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

tomorrow

when I was play master league in pro 2012 as liverpool I didn't reconise any of the squad players,no gerrard,reina,luis

You have an option at the start to pick default or the teams players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

tomorrow

You were probably better off without them ... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm undecided at the moment, didnt like the 1st demo but enjoyed the 2nd one.

I'll probably take the plunge as usual but it wont be a launch day purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

I haven't been able to get into this game at all, looks like I'll be buying Fifa instead for the 5th year in a row. Maybe I should give it more time, I really loved the old Pro Evo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I've finally moved away from PES, the fifa demo is just too good. I though pes demo was good but then!

• Advertisement
Advertisement