Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad having no USB connections

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

28064212 wrote: »
    EURATS wrote: »
    Knock knock...anyone there?
    The thread title speaks for itself. Obviously I want apple to do something about it(if it's not another adobe situation). Stop making so many assumptions and make a bit of a constructive contribution..otherwise pop off. Goldfish stuff
    Constructive contribution? Here it is: they're not going to do it. Move on

I think its up to u to move on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thanks for the good input. Will give those a go I reckon. Not happy with the lack of USB obviously enough. Can only go around the issue.

What is the issue? It's just that USB keys have had their days and there are better solutions.
    Do you still use VHS to record on TV?

Cloud is the way, and you they are safer unlike USB kets that can be lost or damaged.

Haven't used an actual media device on a computer now in a couple of years, and won't be going back.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thanks for the good input. Will give those a go I reckon. Not happy with the lack of USB obviously enough. Can only go around the issue.

What is the issue? It's just that USB keys have had their days and there are better solutions.
    Do you still use VHS to record on TV?

Cloud is the way, and you they are safer unlike USB kets that can be lost or damaged.

Haven't used an actual media device on a computer now in a couple of years, and won't be going back.

That's fantastic for you bud. You use whatever ya want. I suppose an external hard drive or DVD burner also belong in the VHS era. Get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That's fantastic for you bud. You use whatever ya want. I suppose an external hard drive or DVD burner also belong in the VHS era. Get a grip.

I use external hard drives to store and back up items but don''t burn DVD's or even ever use DVD. Could easily manage laptop without a DVD player.

Download a film to laptop then HDMI cable direct to TV. Simple.

Really, your complaint is similar to the outcry when Apple stopped shipping computers with 3.5" floppy drives years ago.

I use external hard drives to store and back up items but don''t burn DVD's or even ever use DVD. Could easily manage laptop without a DVD player.

Really, your complaint is similar to the outcry when Apple stopped shipping computers with 3.5" floppy drives years ago.

I wasn't part of that outcry. It didn't affect me. On the other hand..no USB on an iPad does.

Interesting how apple force u to allow them handle ur private info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

nobody is forcing you to do anything. have they a gun to your head?

tell you what. give work back the ipad and ask them for a netbook. seeing as they cant be arsed finding a better solution to usb stick.

or is work forcing you to use the ipad?

either way, first world problems.

not worth getting worked up over old chap.

nobody is forcing you to do anything. have they a gun to your head?

tell you what. give work back the ipad and ask them for an android tablet. seeing as they cant be arsed finding a better solution to usb stick.

or is work forcing you to use the ipad?

either way, first world problems.

not worth getting worked up over old chap.

Think u are more worked up about it than I am horse. Their guns fire blanks so won't bother to put a vest on.
    Apple have their products set up to force u to interact with apple. Is like Toyota forcing its customers to have their car serviced in a Toyota garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

And what do external hdd use? Usb? I thought you were saying usb is obsolete like the floppy drive?

I'd far prefer to be transferring GBs of data using usb 3.0 at 600MB/s rather than uploading to cloud at 1 or 2MB/s. For whatever reason Apple doesn't have usb on their ipad, probably a cost or design decision. It's probably put a few people off buying one and annoyed a couple of users like the op but Apple have sold millions of them so I doubt they care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,897 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I thought having no usb would be a major inconvenience before I got my iPad. Eight months down the road it hasn't effected me in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Apple have their products set up to force u to interact with apple. Is like Toyota forcing its customers to have their car serviced in a Toyota garage.

Thats the way its always been. Surely you know this? This argument has been done to death, so why bring it up? Apple have no plans to change it and why would they, it works for millions. If it doesn't suit you or you're not happy with it find another solution eg. netbook, laptop or Android tablet, plenty of options out there for you fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Can you not just import through itunes? What kind of files are they and what's the purpose of adding to the ipad? If you just have to transport them there's a mass storage function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Is the troll still hungry today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement