Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC speed dropping

• 28-08-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Afternoon

Ok, this is an issue that has been going on for some time for me, and at this point I think I am just about ready to snap. I have the 120Mb service with UPC, and every day, I am suffering a gradual slowdown of the service speed. Monday - Friday from the time I get up until about 1400, the speed is fine at about 15M/bit per sec, at weekends this is up until about 1100. About these times, the speed starts to drop off until it hits a low of between 2 and 3m/bits per sec.

It does not matter where I am downloading a file from, the speed will still drop off. I cant watch Netflix, YouTube or any other HQ streams without stuttering.

I have had numerous engineers call to the house, and all but one has washed their hands of the problem, and passed it back to customer services, who organise another visit. I have demanded the cabling be changed, but still no go. When one of my neighbours was connected to the UPC service a few weeks back, I noticed the problem got even worse.

The worse thing about all this, is that UPC are telling me there is nothing wrong with their hardware or service and that it is all to do with my hardware or where I am downloading from. I have tried to explain that I have been using an iso downloaded from HeaNET as a test for the DL speed, but they claim never to have heard of HeaNET, and refuse to listen to what I have to say. They keep telling me to use the speed test flash applet on thier website which is all well and good, but they are next to useless for diagnosing file download issues as they test the speeds using small data packets, not 700mb files.

This all sounds like contention ratio to me, however UPC sell as a 1:1 service dont they...?

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this before?

Comments

Advertisement