Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place for Lads weekend away thats good value Mid 30s

• 28-08-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Story lads. Anyone any suggestions for a bunch of boring Guinness drinkers where to go on a lads weekend away. Were not mad party animals. Not that interested in night clubs...
    We do like Quaint old pubs....
    Traditional music.....
    Were not prudes we will be getting gee eyed drunk but were passed the "Club M" type entertainment and Copper face jacks stuff.. Anyone suggest a good town or village in Ireland or the Uk?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Sligo is a great ould spot.... Shoot the Crows being the best of the best over there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you could stretch the flights, a German beer festival is the way to go for a bunch of married/almost married 30-somethings.

It's like going to disneyland and every ride involves drinking. Bloody awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

For UK Edinburgh is good craic, in Ireland I'd go for Clifden,

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭the scrote

uch wrote: »
    For UK Edinburgh is good craic, in Ireland I'd go for Clifden,[/Quote
    Liverpool cheap booze cheap girls & cheap flights

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Kilkenny is a good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yeah... I was gona say Kilkenny or Sligo too. Some great pubs in both, nice oldie world types too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

wrmwit wrote: »
    Kilkenny is a good spot.

Was on a stag do there a few weeks back. It was good fun but cheap it was not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It was good fun but cheap it was not.
    I hear of more stags being in Ireland now, many just immediately presume it is cheaper and I think many organisers are worried about people not being able to afford it anymore. But if a stag is in Ireland it is usually not in your county, and when you add up the cost of Irish transport, drinking, activities & hotels it is often cheaper to go abroad. The highish initial flight cost is what puts people off.

I was in germany and my pints were typically €1.50-2.00 less than here, that coupled with the cheaper hotel more than covered the difference in price than a train & hotel here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Belgian beer festival is a lot of fun. Very relaxed atmosphere in a lovely setting.

It's next weekend though which is prob too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Kilkenny has some of Ireland's highest hotel prices- €92 average for a double room compared to €77 in Dublin. I think they've lost the run of themselves down there or something.

OP I'd also say Clifden or if you can stretch either Achill Island or one of the Aran Islands. Both have great oul mans pubs where you can just kick back in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Lisdoonvarna is a great spot for September,there's a mixture of Nighclubs,bars,dancehalls,and great craic....
    The town is swinging this weekend It's full of 30 somethings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Galway never let me down, great stout and great craic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Kilkee

Lots of pubs and sure charter a fishing boat while you are there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Kilfenora could be a good spot. A few pubs, food and traditional music and dancing. Hostel and B&Bs there too.

Advertisement