Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao accepted now what?

• 28-08-2012 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, I accept my cao offer in gmit on the first day of offers but havnt received any word apart from the cao letter.nothing from gmit. Do I register or something I have no clue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

I accepted a cao offer for GMIT Castlebar in July as a mature student and still haven't received anything from the college. I rang yesterday and they said there should be info sent out by the end of the week with everything that is needed to register online, which much be done before induction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They send out stuff late but you'll get it soon before the induction week. There'll be online registration stuff that you have to fill out too as dor83 said which you should get done ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Yep, GMIT take their time doing e v e r y t h i n g. Get used to waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

xo.mary wrote: »
    Yep, GMIT take their time doing e v e r y t h i n g. Get used to waiting!
    Especially exam results

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Hi i am going to the induction for 1st years at gmit castlebar tomorrow and was just wondering do i have to have the registration fee with me i am still waiting to hear from the social welfare about my btea application and i am still waiting for documentation to send into susi i dont have the fee money on me at the moment and was just wondering can i start my course? or will they run me!

• Advertisement

You'll be fine, I'm in exactly the same situation and emailed them on Monday after registering online because I selected the pay later option and they said I'm temporary registered and once they receive confirmation of my grant from SUSI they will update my registration. I'm not sure how that will affect the BTEA application though as I think you need a letter of registration before they switch you to BTEA, but I'll find out about that tomorrow. What course are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Thanks for the info im doing heritage studies

No worries, doing Outdoor Education myself. Good luck tomorrow.

Advertisement