Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbecue

Options
  • 28-08-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey Wood Smoking Chips in Ireland.

Last year the country was awash with them now I can't find them anywhere.

They make beautiful Smoked Chicken on the grill.

Allrounder :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Did I see them recently in Woodie's in Carrickmines in Dublin, or am I on drugs?

Edit: Google throws up a few online options if that's any use?
    here and here and even cheaper here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Allrounder

For some unknown reason some bright spark in Woodies decided they would only sell Weber BBQ equipment and accessories which, IMHO, are grossly overpriced and not worth the money.

Thanks for the other links, had found Country Life but the stores near me, Wexford Town, don't have them. :rolleyes:

It appears BBQ has suddenly become unpopular - with retailers at any rate! :D:D

Thanks again

Allrounder :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jpb1974

It appears BBQ has suddenly become unpopular

A summer full of crap weather does that :(

I tend to operate under the "Never let the bastards grind you down" principle and cook on my grill even if it's raining...with the lid closed of course. :D

I use my grill for smoking meat, my favourite is Smoked Beef Brisket, so the weather is pretty much irrelevant... at least I keep telling myself that. :rolleyes:

AR :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Allrounder wrote: »
    I tend to operate under the "Never let the bastards grind you down" principle and cook on my grill even if it's raining...with the lid closed of course. :D

I applaud this view, and have barbecued under an umbrella on many occasions. It's only difficult when you need to wield umbrella, beer, tongs and lid all at the same time.

• Advertisement

Respect! I can only manage two of those at the same time. :D:D:D

Got the JD BBQ Chips today. Talked to the shop owner and he agreed that the time for barbecues is well and truly over, so he also agreed to sell me the last 6 bags for 60 Yo-Yo's - Bargain of the week and just in time for what is supposed to be a great weather weekend - maybe the last (first) :rolleyes: one of the year :rolleyes:

AR :cool:

Advertisement