Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning your dry suit

Options
  • 28-08-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any tips on cleaning your dry suit after salt water immersion?

Do you have to get inside of suit wet / How would you avoid getting inside of suit wet unnecessarily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 The Wagster

I lay my suit outside in the garden and take a hose to it. With it zipped up it is easy to clean the majority of it without risking much water getting in - more care needed around wrist and neck seals of course. But the zip area, valves and pockets can get a good rinse without much trouble.

I've just moved into a flat with no garden though so I'd be interested in hearing some alternative methods!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I was thinking of putting my suit on and getting in the shower then just giving the seals a rub down with water?!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Following salt water immersion, your best bet would be to hose down the outside with fresh water while it is zipped up, then let that dry, then turn inside out and hang upside-down and hose down with fresh water, again let this dry fully before turning it the right way around. I wouldn't use any detergents or mixes as this could damage the suit. The fresh water will wash away all the salt crystals. Do this as soon as possible because stale salt water inside a suit leads to a not so nice smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

As for cleaning your drysuit in a flat, i would hang it up upside down, from the boots, in the shower and then hose it down.

Since its upside down, no water will get into suit.

Advertisement