Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two storey Extension - Wexford

Options
  • 28-08-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

HI Folks,

looking for advice for the following extension:

35-40 m2 extension out the back of my dormer detached bungalow to extend kitchen, add sunroom beside kitchen and room for another bedroom upstairs over kitchen (25m2 downstairs/15m2 upstairs)

plan to recycle current kitchen window and double doors.

will involve some partition walls moved, doorways moved upstairs etc.

will involve RSJ work as back wall will come down and semi-open plan between sunroom and kitchen

will involve complete re-tile of kitchen and re fit new kitchen medium spec
    retain appliances

will involve some drain and plumbing moves at the back and upstairs

i'm just starting on this plan so i'd like advice if possible on the following costs:

- cost of architect survey and plans? (i,m assuming planning is not required)

- cost per sq ft ground floor and per sq ft upstairs

- time for build (ball park)

- Please PM with reccomendations for architects or contractors in or willing to complete work in Wexford

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

you need planning due to the above ground area (>12m2)

see here
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/si/0600.html#sched2

to answer your questions:

• get 3 Arch's out and ask them each for their best price, be clear about what each is offering, as levels of service can differ greatly
    • 100 -200€ per sqft - going on the detail information you've provided
    • 3-6 months depending on builder

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭maw

Thought I was allowed 20m2 upstairs for detached house?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭maw

Should I expect architect to come out for initial view for free? One in Wex is charging €400 plus VAT for half day visit and a sketch of design?

Advertisement