Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML 5 for web & app development

Options
  • 28-08-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Im a noob in the area, im wondering about an online course i came across, im weary of online courses as some can be a waste of time and can be found through tutorials for free etc, the course is listed below, thanks

http://www.cmit.ie/courses-web-desig...elearning.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

can anyone help with this??

i have searched for an all round course part time but cant see much..

judging from alot of comments from what ive searched on the forum alot of stuff can be done online yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

madma wrote: »
    can anyone help with this?
    Help with what? You haven't asked a question or for help about anything, you just posted your thoughts.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Help with what? You haven't asked a question or for help about anything, you just posted your thoughts.

read the 1st post. im asking about that course thats listed and asking if it would be useful or a waste payingvfor it. I think its very obvious what im asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Freddio

I would stay away from it because

1) The prospectus is assuming you have HTML 4 skills
    2) If you did you wouldn't need to do this course
    3) Its baffling you with bull**** when it says "topics like audio tag and video tag" - they are not whole topics in the same way CSS, jQuery, HTML, AJAX etc are
    4) If you want to ask a question - stackoverflow.com is free

Freddio wrote: »
    I would stay away from it because

1) The prospectus is assuming you have HTML 4 skills
    2) If you did you wouldn't need to do this course
    3) Its baffling you with bull**** when it says "topics like audio tag and video tag" - they are not whole topics in the same way CSS, jQuery, HTML, AJAX etc are
    4) If you want to ask a question - stackoverflow.com is free

thanks for that, just curious about the course. these payed distance learning things are mainly bull it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tatrman

madma wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Im a noob in the area, im wondering about an online course i came across, im weary of online courses as some can be a waste of time and can be found through tutorials for free etc, the course is listed below, thanks

http://www.cmit.ie/courses-web-desig...elearning.html

IMO there is tons of free stuff all over the place, but if you think you need to pay for course to boost your motivation than go for it.

Advertisement