Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your most disappointing moment this year..

• 28-08-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

So whats your most disappointing moment of the year so far where you were just SO disappointed in yourself and your behaviour?

Mine was a few weeks ago, I got clamped under questionable conditions TWICE in one week! Then several days later while i was out driving, and not paying full attention, i gave way to a clamper van....

The utter disgust and disappointment i felt in myself was overwhelming, I had to pull in and take a breather..

so whats your most disappointing moment of the year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

opening this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

not this year but....................

not running this prick over when he wandered in front of me in traffic
    i swore i would hurt him if i ever met him

he DOES MY K"ING HEAD IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ktiJUUBLPo

GGGGRRRRRRRRR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

dj jarvis wrote: »
    not this year but....................

not running this prick over when he wandered in front of me in traffic
    i swore i would hurt him if i ever met him

he DOES MY K"ING HEAD IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ktiJUUBLPo

GGGGRRRRRRRRR

hahaha.. arrrr jeullian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

It started in June and still hasn't finished, it used to be called summer.:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Every ireland game in the Euros

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

About a week ago this happened,
    I always shake the milk really vigorously a few times before I pour it into my tea, well, 'someone' didn't put the cap on properly and I proceeded to shake the milk really vigorously as usual, hmm, the milk covered my head, my clothes, went on the walls, the floor, the fridge, the cooker, it was utter mayhem, I'd nearly emptied 3/4's of a litre ffs.
    A real Mr.Bean moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Cienciano wrote: »
    Every ireland game in the Euros

actually the more i think about it... going way over the top with face paint and flags in the pub for the first ireland game. Then 3 minutes in conceding a goal and feeling like a sap with all this paint all over me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dropping out of college for the second time because I just couldn't cope. I feel like such a failure and it isn't helped by the fact that my folks are constantly trying to push me towards courses soully so I can get a qualification. I want to do an Open University/ Distence Learning course but I'm constantly told I don't have the patience for it and that you can't get a real qualification from them.
    Maybe so but at least I won't be stuck in a soul destroying dead end course getting stressed out by something I don't know, don't want to know and don't like. :mad:
    I'm only going to give this one more go: I'm going to go onto a writing course regardless of wheter it's feckin' FETAC certified or not and I'm going to qualify in a field that *I* approve of. **** sake- I failed Animation and Multimedia college already. Clearly, I'm not meant for these things... *mope*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

drank too much and couldnt get it up

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

United losing the title in the last few minutes of the season:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 LanceStrong

Burger King in Baggot Street, Dublin closing after about 25 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Giving my friend a bollicking he didn't deserve while pissed drunk. Haven't talked since really :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Jedwards disapointing Eurovision result.
    Fcukin devastated I was.Fcukin devastated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

McChubbin wrote: »
    Dropping out of college for the second time because I just couldn't cope. I feel like such a failure and it isn't helped by the fact that my folks are constantly trying to push me towards courses soully so I can get a qualification. I want to do an Open University/ Distence Learning course but I'm constantly told I don't have the patience for it and that you can't get a real qualification from them.
    Maybe so but at least I won't be stuck in a soul destroying dead end course getting stressed out by something I don't know, don't want to know and don't like. :mad:
    I'm only going to give this one more go: I'm going to go onto a writing course regardless of wheter it's feckin' FETAC certified or not and I'm going to qualify in a field that *I* approve of. **** sake- I failed Animation and Multimedia college already. Clearly, I'm not meant for these things... *mope*

cheer up buddy, i dropped out of 2 courses as well multimedia and renewable engineering (which i wasted 2 years on), parents are the same as well but fcuk it if i dont like something i aint going to waste time on it, lifes too short for qualification this bs this just enjoy it :D

My most disappointing thing this year hmmm it would probably be alcohol related if i could remember :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You're going to be fine. In fact you probably are fine. It's not for other people to tell you how to live, no matter who they are. It's only you that gets to live your life dude. Things are difficult sometimes and it sucks but things change. I don't want to start talking crap. I dropped out of college and walked out of a job but I'm back in college now. Don't let bastards grind you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I didn't win the Euromilions last week, I will never get over that.

This year is turning out as disappointing as any other year. U would have liked to see a better performance from Ireland in the Euro. But I was happy enough with our Olympic performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Winning €800 on the horses. Only €800.

Five out of six horses won in a multiple bet. The sixth one lost by a short head. It would have been around 20k:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

bluecode wrote: »

Five out of six horses won in a multiple bet. The sixth one lost by a short head. It would have been around 20k:(

Your looking at that all wrong (in my opinion).

You won 800 which surely cannot have been disappointing. I understand it could have been 20K but it also could have been zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

bluecode wrote: »

Poor you my hearts bleeds for yeh :rolleyes: only 800? what awful misfortune...... I'm joking its probably a bittersweet win on one hand you have 800 quid on the other you could have been in the Hilton smoking a fat Cigar and wiping yourself with 50 notes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

United losing the title in the last few minutes of the season:(

Strange, that was my highlight of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Real Life wrote: »
    drank too much and couldnt get it up

A hand down the throat might have worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Giving my friend a bollicking he didn't deserve while pissed drunk. Haven't talked since really :(
    At least your username fits with your post perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This

I will keep my opinion on Ruby to myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

nothing comes to mind at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I also dropped out twice from courses my parents pushed me into. I had been taking the odd flying lesson since I was 12, and thats the career I wanted but was pushed into college to get a degree in "anything".
    The first time I just de-registered after two weeks and went back to school to repeat the Leaving. Got into UCC and started flying every week while up there and working the week-ends. I realised quickly that I could not afford both college and flying so dropped out and haven't looked back since!! It's taken three and a half years but I'm two flight tests away from qualifying, and I have considerably less loans than if I had stayed in college.
    It's very important you do something you want OP. I have lots of friends who graduated this year and realize they have no interest in what their qualified in. They admit they just picked a course and threw it down on the CAO before the deadline. There is also a few who thought a degree in "something" will qualify them in "everything". Career guidance might aswell have been non-existent in our school. We took some American style MCQ test and when I got the results back I was told I could do whatever I wanted:rolleyes:

Back to the thread topic though I turned 23 today and I have lots of bank-debt.......fuuuccckkkk:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

my exam results are out soon. ask me then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

One of my best mates dying and being dumped. And subsequently acting like a dickhead after being dumped because I got dumped. Not a year to be happy about or proud of. I'm hoping 2013 is better. Assuming the Earth is still here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Augmerson wrote: »
    One of my best mates dying and being dumped. And subsequently acting like a dickhead after being dumped because I got dumped. Not a year to be happy about or proud of. I'm hoping 2013 is better. Assuming the Earth is still here.

Why don't you act as it will not be, Carpe diem or carpe (whatever year is in latin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Augmerson wrote: »

Let's hope not :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

My mum didn't bother acknowledging my birthday, that was pretty disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Not being able to get into college this year as probably the most disappointing thing for me I think.

Advertisement