Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup application - Fuming with customer service

• 28-08-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I came on here for a rant as I am so annoyed at the response I just got from LA makeup academy when I tried to make an appointment for getting my makeup done for a wedding next month.

The last time I got my make up done it was 35e including lashes! I always get lashes! I mailed to book my session, they responded to say that they were opening a store and couldnt take any apps until november and it would be 50e for what i wanted (it was 35e a few months ago) I asked why the huge jump and this was the response.....

" Our prices have been raised as our service in general has improved. Clients who wish to get their makeup done now receive an elite service, including full use of our iPads. You can also top up your nail polish or use one of our straighteners or curling tongs if you are on your way out.
    We are currently in renovations at the moment, preparing for the launch of our new retail store.

If you would like to forward me on details of the type of service you were hoping to have done and your contact details, I can pass that information on to one of pro artists, who, if are available that day can take your appointment out of the studio"

What a ridiclous response!
    Was what I was receiving before inferior???

I have not responded yet as I am really annoyed at the ridiclous response I got!!!

Can anyone advise if this is a normal response??

Lily

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I dunno, €15 is a big difference so I understand that you're angry about that but the response they sent you seems perfectly fine to me. Lots of places are raising their prices these days and if their new price includes doing your nails and hair too, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't see how its a ridiculous response from them? The response states why the prices have gone up - there will be extra perks in the salon, hence the price increase. If you don't want to make use of the iPads or curling tongs or top up your nail polish while getting your make-up done, go somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I think you are over-reacting OP.

The prices have gone up, but you can also avail of more services, iPad's, nail painting, hair etc.

E15 is a big jump, but if you are unhappy about it, go somewhere else. No one is forcing you to pay the new prices, or to avail of the extra services.

There is nothing ridiculous about their response, your over reaction is what is ridiculous, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

People can charge whatever they like for their services. You can decline to avail of those services.

That said, I'd imagine a bloody iPad is the last thing someone wants to pay a premium for when they're getting their makeup done.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ilovemyusername

I always thought it was just a place to do courses, I'm a make-up artist myself and I do think that is very pricey but as they say they're giving other services with the make-up. If I was you I would just contact any professionals in your area and see how much they will charge you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sounds like the only not 'ridiculous' response you would be happy with would have been 'sorry, you're right, have it for €35'. I do think that's a complete & utter rip and wouldn't be bothered with an ipad for my make-up application (actually wouldn't particularly want to touch an ipad that all the customers coming through the salon had been mauling) but it's in no way bad customer service or a ridiculous response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thats a big price jump for what sounds like gimmicks added in. The language you used is interesting cos it sounds like you can use their curler or nail polish but you'd have to do it yourself. Maybe I picked that up wrong but sure you could just do those things at home if that was the case. You could go to a makeup counter and pay the same but the money would be redeemable against a product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Hi,

I came on here for a rant as I am so annoyed at the response I just got from LA makeup academy when I tried to make an appointment for getting my makeup done for a wedding next month.

The last time I got my make up done it was 35e including lashes! I always get lashes! I mailed to book my session, they responded to say that they were opening a store and couldnt take any apps until november and it would be 50e for what i wanted (it was 35e a few months ago) I asked why the huge jump and this was the response.....

" Our prices have been raised as our service in general has improved. Clients who wish to get their makeup done now receive an elite service, including full use of our iPads. You can also top up your nail polish or use one of our straighteners or curling tongs if you are on your way out.
    We are currently in renovations at the moment, preparing for the launch of our new retail store.

If you would like to forward me on details of the type of service you were hoping to have done and your contact details, I can pass that information on to one of pro artists, who, if are available that day can take your appointment out of the studio"

What a ridiclous response!
    Was what I was receiving before inferior???

I have not responded yet as I am really annoyed at the ridiclous response I got!!!

Can anyone advise if this is a normal response??

Lily

wow, elite service including full use of ipads! sign me up... hardly a great perk worthy of a 15euro increase.

personally, I have found them to be snobby and rude, definitely style over substance ( which sounds silly as they are a make up place :P)

take your money elsewhere OP if you're not satisfied.

Advertisement