Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor signal issue

Options
  • 28-08-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has the same issue, I was a PAYG customer with Meteor for 4 yrs and switched to bill pay back in April. Since then the signal has been poor (2 bars out of 5) where I work, where beforehand I always had full signal on PAYG. A guy I work with has the same issue when he changed from PAYG to bill.
    Anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

in theory you shouldnt have any issues from changing your billing format. the technology used to implement your signial is the same, only the billing method has changed.

your collegue who is experiencing the same issue, did that happen in the same time oeriod or a completly separate time.

the reason i ask is you specifically state where you work which to me suggests an issue with the reception in the area such a new buildings, changes to the building your in etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

in theory you shouldnt have any issues from changing your billing format. the technology used to implement your signial is the same, only the billing method has changed.

your collegue who is experiencing the same issue, did that happen in the same time oeriod or a completly separate time.

the reason i ask is you specifically state where you work which to me suggests an issue with the reception in the area such a new buildings, changes to the building your in etc
    We have just checked with another work colleague who is on Meteor PAYG and he has full signal and we are down to 2 bars, even changing sim cards its down to 2 on the PAYG phone

put your sim in his phone

"even changing sim cards" we did and the problem is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I had signal issues at home, on and off, before and Meteor suggested taking out the battery for a few minutes and then put back in and turn on.
    Seemed to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

I find the Meteor signal in D12 to be appalling. I can barely use it in my house and my friends.

U put your sim in his phone and you had the same issue with his phone?

Yes as did the other guy on bill pay. I have a HTC One S so taking the battery out is something I cannot do.

Yes as did the other guy on bill pay. I have a HTC One S so taking the battery out is something I cannot do.

What's the batter got to do with it, to me it sounds like a handset issue but if you put your sim into your colleagues working handset and still recieved poor signal I would suggest contacting meteor customer support and explaining all that

I suspect they will tell you theres nothing they can do except refresh your sim on the network and that it likely localized signal issues

Advertisement