Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New MA Digital Arts and Humanities

• 28-08-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭

Just spotted a new MA Digital Arts and Humanities in UCC, new course starting this year. Closing date for application is 1st September the end of this week.

http://143.239.128.67/en/study/postgrad/what/acsss/masters/digital/

Is anyone considering applying for it? Looks interesting but wonder how does it compare to other similar Masters to it?

Its still only an MA so might be different to the Msc Interactive Multimedia and totally different to any other humanity masters or to the BIS even.

Anyone that has any information on the course can fire away on this thread if they wish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I don't know much about it only that it's taken from DAAH PhD. The PhD class seems well subscribed and it's run by Mike Cosgrave as far as I know. You should send him a quick email if you're looking for more stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 Jamelis

did ya apply for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No, don't think its for me. Looks interesting though if you into the humanity side of things not just the digital aspects. Geared towards humanity/History/English and a bit of the educational side of things in the digital sense I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 Jamelis

doovdela wrote: »
    No, don't think its for me. Looks interesting though if you into the humanity side of things not just the digital aspects. Geared towards humanity/History/English and a bit of the educational side of things in the digital sense I think.

A lot of people are going to the UK to do postgraduate studies. It makes sense if they can find a subsidised opportunity but other than that it's not a possiblity for many people. What's the 'norm' from now on - graduate, then emigrate? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya often enough that happens, graduates do their postgrad studies in the UK but to be honest I think the courses are no different to here in Ireland though while trying to compare them to the UK ones.
    Its the quality of the course, what you put in - you get out of it but also how does it look to prospective employers and shows them an in depth knowledge I suppose what ever Masters you do.

I have looked at courses in all the Uni's and IT's trying to find a suitable Masters for myself and the right one at that and felt I've rushed myself regarding making decisions when it came to my education after Leaving cert in the hope be a fast track to a job, but guess the recession has faltered my views thinking my career direction be recession proof. I question myself did I take the right path or should I have taken a different one am I on the right track career wise I am just so doubtful. The jobs market is constantly changing especially in business/IT and many other sectors. Up-skilling and work experience/courses only way to keep on track with an ever changing job market. I'v no clear direction what I want to do which is probably making it difficult to choose a masters without enough work experience behind me! I thought the direction i'v gone is what I've wanted to go which makes me think otherwise and makes me think again based on advice I have been given!

I've done a postgrad hdip in UCC but anyone I know who done a Masters after my course often did their Masters in UCC and some of which moved on to Dublin or any one else I know done a Masters in UCC, often gone to the UK for work if not successful in finding something here in Ireland.

So I am a bit lost myself.

Ya many graduates are emigrating and seems the norm unfortunately!

• Advertisement
Advertisement