Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date venue help!

Options
  • 28-08-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Well there is a bar in Cineworld?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

What about the church on mary street/henry street?

Or could you go as far as the italian quarter?

I would head capel street direction after that, not much else suitable the other direction i dont think.

Aquila wrote: »
    But is it a grand one to take a girl out in after a meal?
    I haven't been to Cineworld so I dont know!

Would depends on the time, I guess. I don't think it's really that busy ever. It's not got music or anything. Going during the day isn't the best idea (kids running everywhere).

They do chips and burgers (or chips anyway, I think). So you could grab something quick.

It's a nice enough place anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The Black Sheep is a fantastic pub for a drink, just at the junction of Capel Street and Parnell Street.

Foodwise I wouldn't be too sure about that area. Best bet is probably down Capel Street towards the Italian Quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

But is it a grand one to take a girl out in after a meal?
    I haven't been to Cineworld so I dont know!

No, it would not. Don't bring her to the cinema bar after! :pac:

The Lotts bar on Liffey Street is a nice place to go on a date although it'll be pretty quiet during the week. The Grand Central on O'Connell street is also grand for a few drinks.

The Italian Quarter would be grand for somewhere to eat. OR The Winding Stair on Ormond Quay.

I don't think there's much around the Parnell Street area, imo.

Just a heads up: you need to have a ticket to get to the bar in Cineworld and I think they stop serving at 11PM (10 PM on Sunday - Thursday but it's been a while since I worked there; I'm going by when the last films usually start).
    I think Kingfisher might be open (depending on the time) and they are highly recommended for their fish and chips. It's just at the opposite end of Parnel Street (so heading towards O'Connell Street). Not the cheapest of places but I love the chips and burgers from there. I dunno if they serve alcohol, though. You can eat inside or outside (if there are seats outside that are free).

I'm not really sure of the pubs around that area that would do food and drink. If it's early and there aren't any matches on, Woolshed next to the Cinema is a nice pub. They do chips and burgers too. Not too pricey (if I remember right).
    But it does get packed after around 8-9PM so get in early ;)

Oh as for an actual restraunt, if you don't mind heading to liffey street (you'd go from Cineworld, past Smyths, past the Jervis, then take a left at the back enterance of Jervis and you'd see the LUAS tracks, then take the right and there's a nice French/Italian (forget which, sorry) restraunt a guy I knew said was great for actual authentic food).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Another vote here for the Blacksheep.

They run a cinema promotion in there. Bring in your ticket after the cinema and they give you some free Galway Hooker beer.

Anyone know the name of the restaurant?

Epicurean foodhall!

It's right on lower liffey street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Oh dear.

Aquila, don't take her to the Epucurian Food Hall, it's very casual and take away type of food.

The Woolshed is right beside Cineworld, and can be fairly busy depending on what night you go. They do burgers and chips, but also salads, good pizzas and some regular mains, as well as desserts. It's not what you'd call a restaurant, but it's not too casual for a date either.

There's a new place called Parnell Grill on the corner of Parnell St and O Connell St. They do decent food, restaurant style, and is a bar.

But if you're looking for a restaurant for definite, then you'd be better heading to Temple Bar for the French / Italian restaurants down there.

There's a chance that guy meant Koh, that's actually at those directions. It's a Thai place as far as I remember.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    There's a chance that guy meant Koh, that's actually at those directions. It's a Thai place as far as I remember.

Is it on the lower Liffey Street area?

Is it on the lower Liffey Street area?

Nope. It's nearby.
    Just looked up Google streetview, and there's an Italian on Lower Liffey St, Taste of Emilia. Maybe that's what your friend was talking about.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Nope. It's nearby.
    Just looked up Google streetview, and there's an Italian on Lower Liffey St, Taste of Emilia. Maybe that's what your friend was talking about.

Good be. Haven't spoken to him in a few years but he was very fond of European cuisine and described a place there as "authentic". So I dunno, if anyone else vouches for it, I'd say it's good to go.

Thanks guys for your help/suggestions.:)

Defo to the Woolshed if you're for a bit of chips/burgers (or pub grub like a pie or something) and a few pints. Try go in during the day if you can manage to get the date that early.

Do not take a date to the Woolshed.

Why not? A girl I knew took her current girlfriend there and they said it was fine.
    They went during the day when it wasn't busy and it was nice.

I agree. Also, do not bring her to the Epicurian Food Hall.

That is, unless you don't want to see the date again. :D

• Advertisement

Why not? A girl I knew took her current girlfriend there and they said it was fine.
    They went during the day when it wasn't busy and it was nice.

Perhaps during the day it's different and perhaps your friend was so enamoured with her date that she didn't notice but in my opinion it's a big barn-like beer hall and in no way the sort of intimate environment you'd want for a date.

Also the big screens playing sports constantly are not conducive to a romantic ambiance.

Perhaps during the day it's different and perhaps your friend was so enamoured with her date that she didn't notice but in my opinion it's a big barn-like beer hall and in no way the sort of intimate environment you'd want for a date.

Also the big screens playing sports constantly are not conducive to a romantic ambiance.

Like I said, if it's in the day and there's not a big game on, it's a lovely place.

Night/big game on, forget about it.

Like I said, if it's in the day and there's not a big game on, it's a lovely place.

Night/big game on, forget about it.

Date during the day?

I've never heard of such a thing! :pac:

Date during the day?

I've never heard of such a thing! :pac:

Well now I get where you're coming from. You don't want the date to realize how bad you look. This is why the date can be at a pub; you should hopw they get blind drunk. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Ah here now - these are pretty bad suggestions in fairness. Do not bring a girl on a date to the Epicurean food hall or to the Kingfisher. While both are fine places they are far too ´school canteen´like for a date.
    I also think the Woolshed would be a bad idea also.

There isn´t much on Parnell street. The Black sheep is very good as someone mentioned but not sure what time they serve food until.

The Hop House Korean restaurant and pub is great for food and drinks.

So, where'd ya go? And did she like it? :D

• Advertisement

Where's here?

Advertisement