Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any hobbies ya just don't enjoy?

• 28-08-2012 6:31pm

I play Fifa12.. Win or lose, I go to bed pissed off. I used to play poker. Win or lose, I'd be pissed off.

Anyone else do shlt everyday as a hobby and think fuk it.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Play football 3 or 4 times a week, man do I get pissed off when I lose, you won't get a word out of me for about half an hour :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Call of Duty did it for me. Tried having a game of monopoly for the first time in years recently and was apoplectic with rage within a half hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Kinda makes it a habit rather than a hobby per-say.
    A hobby is something you enjoy doing in your spare time, a habit or addiction is something you feel the need to do, regardless of how it makes you feel afterwards (like an alcoholic can drink to feel depressed as well as one who drinks to feel happy)

The brain is making you feel you need to play FIFA/poker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Russian Roulette. Hate losing at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

It wouldn't be a hobbie if you didn't enjoy it

:pac:

/tread/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Yeah call of duty, it hurts too much emotionally to go to bed on a lose...so you stay up til you win , that way you can feel like a winning loser rather than a losing loser ...you don't win til 4am.

then you hate yourself. stupid fcking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I used to do philately but I really had to stamp it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There are times when I'll be playing me xbox when I suddenly stop and think to myself "Why the hell am I doing this? This is boring" - I usually switch it off and read a book or something, give it a rest for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

al28283 wrote: »
    I used to do philately but I really had to stamp it out

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A lot of the Xbox games. I get so pissed off playing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I love playing guitar, but the band I'm currently in has become a royal pain in the hole. All the lads are getting really focused on "making it", even though we're no where near good enough or motivated enough, and just don't have the time. It's a shame really, since I do love jamming with the lads, but they've developed these illusions of grandeur that has made playing music with them just not fun, plus it seems every weekend or evening is taken up with band responsibilities, "yeah great, I can't wait to drive out to some dive pub in the middle of nowhere to spend 4 hours there for the sake of a 30 minute slot playing to 10 people, all so I can spend the evening sober for the drive home" I've decided that I'll be leaving in the next few weeks, can't come soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

Standing on a weighing scales and pissing into the jacks has lost its fun since I don't have digital scales anymore, can't get the same reading off the old school anolog scales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I thought the point of a hobbie was for fun :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

"I love playing guitar, but the band I'm currently in has become a royal pain in the hole. All the lads are getting really focused on "making it", even though we're no where near good enough or motivated enough, and just don't have the time. It's a shame really, since I do love jamming with the lads, but they've developed these illusions of grandeur that has made playing music with them just not fun, plus it seems every weekend or evening is taken up with band responsibilities, "yeah great, I can't wait to drive out to some dive pub in the middle of nowhere to spend 4 hours there for the sake of a 30 minute slot playing to 10 people, all so I can spend the evening sober for the drive home" I've decided that I'll be leaving in the next few weeks, can't come soon enough"

Fcuk you Ronnie Wood, walk out on us? You are SO fcuking sacked! Ok babes?
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m4gpul

When I lose on Call of Duty, I just can't stop playing. I am determined to enjoy at least one game! And when I'm playing well I just get bored and quit after a game or two. Silly really :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I keep going on the internet everyday and I really do hate it :o Can't help it though, every day I come back. It has its benefits obviously but for the most part it bores me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Walking. I. Just. Fúcking. Hate. It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Another one for the "addicted to the Internets" club. Since I discovered the joys of Hiddlesmut blogs on Tumblr, my productivity levels have gone through the floor. Now, I love reading saucy fanfiction as much as the next sexually frustrated loser but it's getting ridiculous at this stage.
    I find it very hard to break away from the internet and actually do some writing so I've decided that drastic action is called for. Going to take a small vacation and bring just a pen and notepad and hopefully see if I can get anything jotted down.

Oh, Tumblr. Thou art a heartless bitch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Painting, drawing and all that stuff. Used to love it and wanted to go down that creative route for my career but now I really don't enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I play Fifa12.. Win or lose, I go to bed pissed off. I used to play poker. Win or lose, I'd be pissed off.

Anyone else do shlt everyday as a hobby and think fuk it.?

Why would you have a hobby that pisses you off? Does being pissed off make you happy? If so I'll drive a moped over your head, that'll make you ecstatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yep. The internet too.
    There's probably billions of websites but every time I log on, I just stare at the screen and can't find anything interesting to do on it so I just spend hours and hours on Boards.
    Come to think of it, between being on boards.touch while I'm in work, and the laptop when I'm home, I'm pretty much on Boards all day and night.
    I need a hobby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

marzic wrote: »
    "I love playing guitar, but the band I'm currently in has become a royal pain in the hole. All the lads are getting really focused on "making it", even though we're no where near good enough or motivated enough, and just don't have the time. It's a shame really, since I do love jamming with the lads, but they've developed these illusions of grandeur that has made playing music with them just not fun, plus it seems every weekend or evening is taken up with band responsibilities, "yeah great, I can't wait to drive out to some dive pub in the middle of nowhere to spend 4 hours there for the sake of a 30 minute slot playing to 10 people, all so I can spend the evening sober for the drive home" I've decided that I'll be leaving in the next few weeks, can't come soon enough"

Fcuk you Ronnie Wood, walk out on us? You are SO fcuking sacked! Ok babes?
    Mick

Suck it yih diva :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I have a tendency to turn hobbies into work. Music, video stuff, image manipulation. Once it becomes work, and I'm arguing about payment, I realised I've come to hate something I absolutely loved. The idea of making another video just so I can put hours / days / weeks into not being paid makes me want to cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Can't hack having a bad run on any video game, I'd be in foul form unless I've a good run before I head off... Half the time I'd be better off rage-quitting and getting some sleep, but have to go out on a win!

Confab wrote: »
    Why would you have a hobby that pisses you off? Does being pissed off make you happy? If so I'll drive a moped over your head, that'll make you ecstatic.

Started as a hobby but has turned into a chore.. And I don't even remember posting this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I get motion sickness playing GTA on my computer but I keep doing it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Years ago took up gardening,got myself a little plot and planted a few vegetables etc etc just as a hobby, to keep away stress and chill out for a while, Cheeses it wasn't to long before I was up there more than at home,fighting birds,rabbits and frost,It took over my life for a while,Now I just buy frozen vegetables much better on brain & body :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I totally got pissed off with all computer games. Last year I even got the new Call of Duty and SSX game thinking they would revive my old hobby, but no, they are still unfinished and unplayed.

It will happen to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Going to the gym.

Another one for internet here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I tend to like certain aspects of hobbies and hate others.

Airsoft being the big one. I dont like anything at all about the participation
    of the game, I dont actually like airsoft. But....I love the guns and how they work. I've a room full of guns.

Warhammer/Lord of the Rings like table top gaming.
    I absolutely despise this, cant stand it.
    I've a room full of models I've painted.
    I've Zero interest in the game but I got great enjoyment
    just simply painting the models and leaving them on a shelf.

Model Making Terrain.
    Again falls into the above hobby ^^^^ I love making little castles
    ruined buildings and have a room full of them but they serve no function other than I get pleasure in actually building them.

Shooting. I really enjoy shooting but I really don't like hunting/blood sports
    I find myself at odds with shooters that hunt.

Archery. I've two Bows, I've not got a clue how to properly shoot.
    Joined an archery club that was a students society for UL even though I'm not a student and it meant traveling across the city and 4 bus journeys, after 8-9 weeks of doing this without anyone actually teaching me anything
    I said feck this I'm outta here...bloody students....and never went back.

Fencing. I was doing historical fencing with French Foil, Italian Rapier, Epee and a bit of saber for a few years and in all the time never really enjoyed it fully, I even traveled to Scotland as part of a fencing exchange and had more fun socializing that partisanship in the sport.

Multiplayer online games. I love to hate them.
    I'm the type of person that plays Multiplayer games as if the were Solo Player games. I got hooked into joining a guild/kin/team/group when Playing Lord of the Rings online and spent 3 years playing it. Every night of the week somebody wanted to "group up" and chat and Raid, I got sick to death of it....Guildwars2 however might hook me again as I love it but just dont want to join a guild for a long long time.

Facebook games, I get hooked I spent money buying gems, get bored and ignore them. I was playing this sh-one-t game castleville for nearly a year
    and hated it but still logged in every day.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mackg wrote: »
    Call of Duty did it for me. Tried having a game of monopoly for the first time in years recently and was apoplectic with rage within a half hour.
    Stop caring about winning or losing COD and just spend your time trying the ruin the game for other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

bullets wrote: »
    Fencing. I was doing historical fencing with French Foil, Italian Rapier, Epee and a bit of saber for a few years and in all the time never really enjoyed it fully, I even traveled to Scotland as part of a fencing exchange and had more fun socializing that partisanship in the sport.

Along these lines I was an active member in a college windsurfing society for five years going down most weeks and going on most weekends yet only windsurfed 3 times.

Couldn't understand why anyone who want to put them selves through windsurfing in Ireland yet every year I would convince 100 odd people that they wanted to do it

edit: I suppose I should really say sorry to all those people. So sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Chess - I wont play in case I lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I don't really have a hobby that I don't enjoy. Wouldn't be a hobby then would it?

I have developed a new hobby though that my mate really hates. I've started to put his chocolate bars in other chocolate bars wrappers.

It gets his Snickers in a Twix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I used to do the hokey cokey every night, it became an addiction to be honest, and was ruining my life.

But I've turned myself around now, and that's what it's all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

bullets wrote: »
    IAirsoft being the big one. I dont like anything at all about the participation
    of the game, I dont actually like airsoft. But....I love the guns and how they work. I've a room full of guns.

Shooting. I really enjoy shooting but I really don't like hunting/blood sports
    I find myself at odds with shooters that hunt.

Archery. I've two Bows, I've not got a clue how to properly shoot.
    Joined an archery club that was a students society for UL even though I'm not a student and it meant traveling across the city and 4 bus journeys, after 8-9 weeks of doing this without anyone actually teaching me anything
    I said feck this I'm outta here...bloody students....and never went back.

Bet nobody would even think twice about breaking into your gaff Rambo!!! :eek:

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

cod
    just cant enjoy it anymore
    used to love it win or lose
    then i got to competitive and shouted every single fu*kin time i died haha
    got boring after a while
    bought mw3
    traded it in after 3 weeks was just to boring
    finished the campaign though i enjoyed that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

summerskin wrote: »
    I used to do the hokey cokey every night, it became an addiction to be honest, and was ruining my life.

So you're celibate now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Drawing. I do like it but it annoys me how crap and uncreative I am and that I know that I'm not willing to put in the time an effort to truly improve. I think I just do it out of habit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m4gpul

When I was a kid I was pretty good at drawing. I used to draw everything. Now that Art is one of my Leaving Cert subjects I'm sick of it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I am a League of Ireland soccer fan.

I'd stay in to watch Bohs V Rovers on TV or check my phone to see how Wexford Youths got on against Mervue United. I have gone to games in so called stadiums that are merely bumpy fields overlooked by cowsheds. . I watch overweight professional players who bet on themselves to lose.

This is my hobby. Deal with it.

I still haven't dealt with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AMAZEBALLZ_69

Had to give up the swinging because my bum got too sore ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Gym, YouTube browsing, Cooking, Reading... Oh God, reading. I used to love reading, but now I just look at the huge piles of books on my windowsill piling up higher and higher. No idea why I still feel the urge to buy more and more every time I am in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Colmustard wrote: »
    I totally got pissed off with all computer games. Last year I even got the new Call of Duty and SSX game thinking they would revive my old hobby, but no, they are still unfinished and unplayed.

It will happen to you.
    If you wanted to revive your gaming hobby, COD was the worst place to start. Such a ****e game full of cheats and 10 year old bastard kids.

I've gone completely off games in the last two years but I bought uncharted 3 today. Few naggins, be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I like taking pictures i more so enjoy the meditation that goes with it, I alos find doing stuff on Photoshop and illustrator very relaxing and methodical maybe even a form of meditation...

I play bf3, but i get board easily..But I really enjoy gardening to something very satisfying about gardening!

DIY :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Getting flagellated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Swimming.

I was learning to swim and going to the pool every week till one day I thought wtf am I putting myself through. The smell of chlorine, kids everywhere, swimming togs riding up my hole, the weird guy who seems to live in the pool and looks permenantly hungover,

Haven't been in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Tag Rugby: Play it for the social and fun aspect but that gradually gets lost as a game goes on and I get more and more competitive. Its a difficult game to have fun in as alot of people take it so seriously and that immediately rubs off on me.

Eventually i am shouting at my teammates for loose passing and knock-ons, bending the rules, arguing with the ref and I usually come into conflict with a guy who just as much of a díckhead as I am.

Still game this week and determined to have a good time....and win!

• Advertisement
Advertisement