Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Carlow - Tell me everything :-)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Where is that? Essentially I don't go out anymore, so not familiar with the pubs as such, hoping to change that next week as I have a few things on :-)
    Its on dublin street, a few doors up on the opposite side of supermacs, 3.50 a pint also

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Any walking/nature watching groups in Carlow?

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

maringo wrote: »
    Any walking/nature watching groups in Carlow?

http://www.carlowtourism.com/walking-clubs/

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

This thread is proving very useful. Two more things on my list now :-)

1. Those "bring your own" rubbish skips/compactors that some places like petrol stations have. You bring your rubbish and pay a small fee usually around €5, I don't see any around Carlow am I missing them? I know in some other towns there is quite a few of them, not sure on an exact name for them.

2. Also wondering is there many places around that have community halls or similar for hire, I know of new oak, any others?

As always, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

This thread is proving very useful. Two more things on my list now :-)

1. Those "bring your own" rubbish skips/compactors that some places like petrol stations have. You bring your rubbish and pay a small fee usually around €5, I don't see any around Carlow am I missing them? I know in some other towns there is quite a few of them, not sure on an exact name for them.

2. Also wondering is there many places around that have community halls or similar for hire, I know of new oak, any others?

As always, thanks

There's one of those compactors at Keenan's at Pollerton (Palatine Road)

• Advertisement

slimjimmc wrote: »
    There's one of those compactors at Keenan's at Pollerton (Palatine Road)

Cheers for that, haven't had a chance to get up to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ReadWrite

Any decent public parks in the town or close by? One with monkey bars and exercise equipment would be a bonus :-)
    I know you asked this question a while ago, but you might like Altamont Gardens.
    It's free too

ReadWrite wrote: »
    I know you asked this question a while ago, but you might like Altamont Gardens.
    It's free too

Where or what is that?

Thanks by the way, all info is good info

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭seedubya

http://www.altamontgarden.com/

Very, very well worth the visit. About a half hour from town on the Wexford road.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Altamont is a lovely spot to visit alright formal garden setting. Nice for a wander. if you're looking to let the kids run loose head down to kilkenny castle we regularly go down there it's a great spot only a half hour down the motor way or head over to Oak Park for a ramble through the woods. there a nice forest out the road to Abbeyleix aswell.

• Advertisement

Back again looking for more info.

I'm looking for a vet, anywhere in the general area of town or just outside. Just want to make contact with one and will have my new pup for vaccinations etc etc.

Any recommendations rather than just a list of vets?

Tanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I'm looking for a vet, anywhere in the general area of town or just outside. Just want to make contact with one and will have my new pup for vaccinations etc etc.

Tanks again.

We have used a few vets around town and I have to say the Tullow road vet clinics is the best one, very friendly staff and they have on call service shared with sister clinic in Athy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭jimbo79

Tanks again.

very good vets beside advance pit stop on the old dublin rd

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

tommycahir wrote: »
    We have used a few vets around town and I have to say the Tullow road vet clinics is the best one, very friendly staff and they have on call service shared with sister clinic in Athy.

+1 for this.

Just to say i went to the above vets and it was a great service, lovely clean and new building but the prices and some of the information I was given made me look elsewhere. I found another vet who has a walk in clinic, also great service, help and around half the cost.

John Brophy was the name.

Looking to put up a few adverts around town too, is there any good notice boards i should know about? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just to say i went to the above vets and it was a great service, lovely clean and new building but the prices and some of the information I was given made me look elsewhere. I found another vet who has a walk in clinic, also great service, help and around half the cost.

John Brophy was the name.

Looking to put up a few adverts around town too, is there any good notice boards i should know about? :-)

John has been our family vet since I was a toddler! Great guy, I would recommend him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Mister Man wrote: »
    John has been our family vet since I was a toddler! Great guy, I would recommend him.
    Could ye not find a gp?:D:D:D

Advertisement