Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms reopening as The Orchard Bar

Comments

and they're looking for staff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'm liking the sound of late bar and music venue. Hopefully its not just another nightclub with pounding music non stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wonder what crowd they will go for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My guess would be students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Considering its Clem Smith running it, more then likely students.

• Advertisement

They will have to hit the weekend crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian lamontage

its a dead duck.... the place needs a total revamp before it will get a crowd.

Heard theres work going on there from a friend that went in with a c.v

Looking for Security, DJ's, Bands, PR Staff, Bar staff, and Bar Management.

Trinity is actually a nice club and with 3 different areas too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is it just the courtyard area opening up in September? Could work nicely enough. Might be able to pull off a similar weekend vibe to Nancy's, Cobblestone Joe's, Flannery's (Catherine St), etc, but with a slightly younger demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian lamontage

lol no chance

Must be the whole lot if they are after students id say that bar wasnt much without the club

I'd go there if it had a similar vibe and music as nancys etc... without being packed to the gils and I'm 25. Its got exactly what people want and thats a large courtyard area. Stick a bar out there like the office and nancys have, with the bar inside open also and I see no reason to rush into opening the bigger part.

bigpink wrote: »
    Must be the whole lot if they are after students id say that bar wasnt much without the club

Club itself would take about 2 years to renovate to be up to standard.

The Snipe wrote: »

I heard this before and I highly doubt it. You could knock and completely rebuild the crescent shopping centre in 2 years or less, let alone renovating a small night club

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicodemus93

The orchard possibly is the new "clubhouse bar" and the above nightclub is the inside part of trinity rooms maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

I think Limerick lacks at least one trendy bar which is unusual for a city. Limerick seems to be obsessed with the old traditional Irish style pub..you have Nancy Blakes,Cobblestone Joes, Bourkes ,Flannerys, O' Connells, The Office etc and now even Aubars which was once the only place that came close to something modern and trendy in Limerick has now changed to Paddy Frawleys with the same fire place saw dust theme going on. I think it's great to have pubs like that but nearly every pub in Limerick is like that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The problem with that is the trendy bar's tend to get taken over by the orange tan brigade and skobes! The Bailey was really nice when it first opened and then started attracting the wrong crowd for some reason!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

The Snipe wrote: »

Can't imagine that. The club itself was only renovated 1-2 years ago and it hasn't been touched since Trooms closed down. The biggest problem any new owners would have, is that the renovations haven't been paid for so the builder/carpenter could come in and ask for cash or he'll rip everything out and sell it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Can't imagine that. The club itself was only renovated 1-2 years ago and it hasn't been touched since Trooms closed down. The biggest problem any new owners would have, is that the renovations haven't been paid for so the builder/carpenter could come in and ask for cash or he'll rip everything out and sell it on.

People were saying after it closed down that the club was completely gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They'll never replace Docs :(

http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/limerick-city-club-to-re-open-as-the-orchard-bar-and-live-venue-1-4213927

Someone told its not going to be a "trendy" bar that they got all old vintage decor and antique decor style

Over 23s and up according to the paper with one student night per week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keelan 1.6

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinity-Rooms-Nightclub-Official/137238356339991?ref=ts

looks farely trendy by the profile pic!

limerick badly needs a few new places,the weekends tend to be dead in limerick through the college time of the year, its a joke most weekends even most plaes wil ask for student id even if your over 23 for example!

so just to recao is the orchard bar,"old trinity rooms" more or less the new orchard bar and the other new places thats on about opening in limerick??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

keelan 1.6 wrote: »

That profile pic is how the club has looked for the last 2 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

I think it will be in direct competition to the Office and Mollys. Very hard to have a Student bar and then over 23s. I don't think anyone in town is doing it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

keelan 1.6 wrote: »

That's the profile picture from from Spring 2011. The place shut down a few months after that Facebook page was created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

i worked in whelans on the door for nearly 6 months it started grand but dropped the age because wasnt making buisness, having it over 23s will work but will take a while to get the crowd most pubs like this are dead as it is so be interesting to see where they get the crowd. i applied for security in there heard they recieved 250 cvs already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Hopefully they won't change the courtyard and clubhouse bar too much. That venue was definitely one of the nicest I have been to in the country. The fountain and the stone work of the Granary with the arches is very nice. Lets hope it will be a modern/trendy bar (I mean Limerick modern not Movida London modern). There is only so much of Nancy's someone it their 20's can take. The same Christy Moore/Saw docters music, full to the brim at weekends with men in their 50's and Rose of Tralee style women in their late 30's and 40's haha I can understand that the pub suits older people and I'm sure I will appreciate it when I'm that age but as of now there are very limited options to go for people in their mid 20's to early 30's. Limerick social scene was much better back a few years ago and the Courtyard in Trinity Rooms was also quite modern & funky for Limerick before they started letting in teens.

Advertisement