Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms reopening as The Orchard Bar

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Well the rumour going round is that its all vintage and antique decor like paddy frawleys nancys

Very strange they are going 23s but doing a student night not sure how that will work

Any idea how often it'll be open? 7 nights a week or what? Also will it open during the day like the clubhouse was?

Facebook page says late bar and live music venue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

bigpink wrote: »
    Very strange they are going 23s but doing a student night not sure how that will work

I would imagine they'll just actively market one day a week e.g. Tuesdays as a student night. Students know that they can get in those nights, over 23s know to avoid the place if they so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Went through the courtyard to get to the library today. Lots of work going on inside and out. They have built a wooden hut which looks like it will be a bar beside the fountain outside in the courtyard. The inside looks like it's going to be nice too!!

• Advertisement

Is the courtyard covered over?

Is the courtyard covered over?

No cover

Looks like this be a big rival to office and nancys if its going over 23s

Looks like this be a big rival to office and nancys if its going over 23s

Yeah I agree but I think it's good for Limerick to have another choice..I think it might do maybe more damage to the Office than Nancys. The Office in general has a young crowd whereas Nancys will continue to retain it's older clientele

The Limerick Leader said over 23s so that would be a nancys crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

I can't see it being much of a success if it sticks to the over 23s.

The Limerick Leader said over 23s so that would be a nancys crowd

Yeah but a big number of the Nancys crowd are well out of their 20's!Anytime I'm in Nancys its usually full of men in their 50's and women in their late 30's & upwards. The Office has a young crowd mid 20's to early 30's

Will hit both what would the orchard hold?From being in trinity surely 400 easy

Will hit both what would the orchard hold?From being in trinity surely 400 easy

Not sure to be honest but the bar and the courtyard at Trinity Rooms is a much bigger area than both the Office and Nancys. Nancys gets way too packed Saturday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Heard that its opening today for the all Ireland.

Walked by the barn doors last night and the smell of freshly cut timber out of the place was lovely! :) The place is looking well from what I could see. Did it actually open for the all Ireland today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Soft opening tonight. Got an invite there a while ago.

Is it the invite vip in the papers night tonight?may check it out friday night

Is it the invite vip in the papers night tonight?may check it out friday night

Haha I dunno but I'm no VIP I assure you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Alot of activity there today when I passed by at about 5pm

• Advertisement

big bar going to take alot from nancys symths office i say

It's main problem is its at the wrong side of town. Hope it goes well for them. I'll pop in the next night I'm out.

Brother started in Ul and got a flyer on campus last night they went down last night but refused over 20s student onlys they were told.said it was 5 in 3 with flyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Yeah it's over 20s which is fine by me to be honest. As a student myself I'm glad. Mollie's was the only haunt for students up until now so it's nice to have somewhere that isn't excessively packed by 16 year olds. (And isn't ****)

But a student night would be 18 19 year olds too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

When you have the age limit that low inevitably you get underagers in too. And it's nice for people in upper college years to have somewhere to go to avoid all the overly messy first years.

Supppose but still if they have passport.licence and a student card they will weed out underage

Wonder will they charge in the weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Is it 20s on student nights and 23s every other night, or will it always be 20s?

So to the people who have been there since it opened, is it any good? Heading to dolans on saturday and was thinking of dropping in afterwards for a look

• Advertisement

According to Facebook have Electric lemon playing fri night and "Dj Flip" world scratch champion sat night

Advertisement