Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms reopening as The Orchard Bar

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Anyone hear who the very special surprise guests are for the launch Saturday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Danny & Tammy. :D

Rumour going round is a big irish act.There Facebook page isnt much use for info for the launch weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

bigpink wrote: »
    Anyone hear who the very special surprise guests are for the launch Saturday night?

Im sure Celia Holman Lee will make an appearance:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Im sure Celia Holman Lee will make an appearance:p

It's a Halloween night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Was supposed to be aslan but there was problems with that so it was paddy Casey as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Was supposed to be aslan but there was problems with that so it was paddy Casey as far as I know

It was defo halloween night so...........:D:D

Was passing by there last night, the usual plastic dolly birds falling over themselves to get in. Might try it at a later stage when the fickle crowd move on to the next new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

bazz26 wrote: »
    Was passing by there last night, the usual plastic dolly birds falling over themselves to get in. Might try it at a later stage when the fickle crowd move on to the next new thing.

Plastic dolly birds haha. It was Paddy Casey alright and a DJ came on afterwards! It was very busy and it was a good night!I think it's great to see the courtyard alive again. It was a pity to see it closed for so long as it's such a nice venue!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Was in there last week, got a sense of nostalgia right away.

It was great fun! had a few hoegarten and had a chicken bap which they gave out for free self service style. Not sure if they do that every night though.

Music was good and the crowd seemed fine. Had people from all ages in there from the young to the old. We will see if it equalizes in the future but I hope it stays diverse.

I do not like how they have segmented off the inside bar though, seemed like only the first segment was getting served with the others being ignored.

All in all good night was had with some delays in getting a beer as they were busy.

• Advertisement

We tried to get in saturday night but it was a full house and looked mobbed so prob wait till the hype dies down.Thought they were going over 23s suppose opening night alot of invited guests

They anything big on arthurs day?

They are selling 4 pints of Bulmers for 9 euros on Living Social bit odd for a new bar to be selling drink that cheap

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/514-limerick/deals/498176-four-pints-of-bulmers-to-share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

They are selling 4 pints of Bulmers for 9 euros on Living Social bit odd for a new bar to be selling drink that cheap

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/514-limerick/deals/498176-four-pints-of-bulmers-to-share

Important point to note is it is between 4 people! So if they are sticky about it you cant walk in and have the four yourself with one other person! A crowd of four people is required by the t&cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts • Limit one gift per recipient • Limit 1 per table • Option A and B; must be used by minimum of two people • Booking required and subject to availability • Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture • Please contact merchant directly, within 7 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy • Please call 061 467 790 with any further queries prior to purchase • Other conditions apply

Don't know if they would enforce it though as the tos just seems like one that comes with livingsocial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Limericks wrote: »
    Don't know if they would enforce it though as the tos just seems like one that comes with livingsocial?

Two people go up and buy 2 pints each (one for themselves and one gift for the other person).

€4.50 for 2 pints is alright I suppose. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicodemus93

heard the club was opening in september

Which September? :)

Can't seem them opening the club altho it was nice club

Was in the Orchard last night and alot the crowd was very young,the over 23s door policy wasnt in effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Bulmers were backers in this venture.. Explains how they can offer that deal on living social. Also the name the orchard... Makes sense!

Bulmers own it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Bulmers own it?
    I never said they own it. They are financially supporting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Had a great night in the Orchard over christmas. Live covers band followed by a DJ playing older music as well as some new stuff and the crowd was all over 23 from what I could see. We had plenty of room outside in the Courtyard too which was a nice change from other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think they should re-open the nightclub because that was always the draw of getting people in there as it is sort of out of the way of the main pub/nightclub area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Can't seem them opening the club altho it was nice club

Was in the Orchard last night and alot the crowd was very young,the over 23s door policy wasnt in effect

There needs to be a new big club for 25's and over . Icon is way too young, angel lane even younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Looks like the club part is reopening soon as Crush 87.

Here's hoping the club is better than the name. :P

They seemed to have gone from being a over 23s place cause they had Leeroy of the Prodigy doing a hard dance night last sunday and charging a tenner in to the bar

Crush 87 oh lord lol

Seems to be true there is a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Crush-87-Nightclub/243273672479308?fref=ts

The "Cool" pics album doesnt inspire confidence that its going to be a nice place lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seems to be true there is a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Crush-87-Nightclub/243273672479308?fref=ts

The "Cool" pics album doesnt inspire confidence that its going to be a nice place lol

It looks like someone took offence and deleted my comment from the Facebook page! And now I can't comment or "like" anything on said page. Interesting...

Once again, the "Cool pics" folder makes it look like some silly teenager was poached off Bebo and asked to do the promo work for the club. It's just awful.

Yes also commented and blocked and i know 3 other people aswell!!

Not very good P.R by a new club,,at least reply even if its a standard response

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yes also commented and blocked and i know 3 other people aswell!!

Not very good P.R by a new club,,at least reply even if its a standard response

The way they're censoring the page is juvenile at best, totally dishonest at worst. They should be open to taking a little bit of criticism on board. Instead, it looks like they just want people to think they're getting praise and nothing else. I've already been put off the place and it hasn't even opened yet!

Advertisement