Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Sky sports min term?

• 28-08-2012 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting sky sports just for Ryder cup. Anyone know if theres a minimum term if you take sky sports. I already have a hd box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

Don't think there is a minimum term but they do charge a €10 admin fee to downgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Deu wrote: »
    Don't think there is a minimum term but they do charge a €10 admin fee to downgrade

Well they'll charge you for a month minimum plus the €10 downgrade fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

So it'll cost you €48 for sky sports 1&2 HD plus another €10 to turn it off again.

Rip off. Cheaper to go tho the pub.

Why don't they do something like €25 for just the ryder cup on its own? I don't want sky sports for the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You could make the same arguement about anything on SS; why dont they charge €10 to watch a football match? Sky Sports does not offer a PPV subscription for individual sports/events; its just not their model. I agree that Sky Sports on the whole is expensive, but Id imagine you can thank the likes of the Premier League at least in part for that, as I cant imagine the rights that they pay to show each sport come cheaply.

I would imagine that from UPCs point of view if they allowed people to sign up to sports for days rather than months then it would turn into an absolute nightmare for them very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Patrickof wrote: »
    Why don't they do something like €25 for just the ryder cup on its own? I don't want sky sports for the month.

I imagine that Sky wouldn't allow them to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

djimi wrote: »
    You could make the same arguement about anything on SS; why dont they charge €10 to watch a football match? Sky Sports does not offer a PPV subscription for individual sports/events; its just not their model. I agree that Sky Sports on the whole is expensive, but Id imagine you can thank the likes of the Premier League at least in part for that, as I cant imagine the rights that they pay to show each sport come cheaply.

Those of us with long memories remember when Sky tried just that, it was called Premiership Plus and though there were plenty of objections from Sky Sports subscribers who resented having to pay extra for certain games, it went on for six years before the ruling from the European Commission that meant Sky could no longer hold exclusive rights to all Premier League matches in the UK killed it. The fact is that the only events people are really willing to pay for on a PPV basis are boxing and professional wrestling.

Advertisement