Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor contract HELP

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I signed up to a 24 month iPhone contract last December on 60 euro a month..
    This November it looks like I won't be in Ireland for a few months so I won't be using my phone at all.
    I rang meteor to cancel my contract or suspend it till I get back or even lower my tariff to which they said no to all...

Surely there must be something i can do, as I can't afford 60 euro a month for 6 months for somethin I won't be using!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Unless they're willing to bend the rules - which they're not - there's really nothing you can do. Maybe give the phone to a family member to use and have them contribute to the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

Unless they're willing to bend the rules - which they're not - there's really nothing you can do. Maybe give the phone to a family member to use and have them contribute to the bill?

Yea the family member thing is pretty doubtful... Thanks anyway
    Such a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dave 78

sadly meteor are the only main network that won't let you drop in tariff. However if you sell the iPhone on done deal you should make enough to offer them a settlement on the contract. that or offer to send them the phone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Such a pain in the hole

You should have really thought of that before signing a 2 year contract. Its not their fault really.

Such a pain in the hole

You should have really thought of that before signing a 2 year contract. Its not their fault really.

No need to be a smart hole about it, I asked for help not dickhead comments.

Circumstances in life change,if i knew i wouldnt be in the country in a year, do u think i would of signed a 24 month contract. I won't be in the country for a few months but I will be back, considering it won't be used, they could at least let me lower my tariff, they would still be getting money for nothing.

If u don't have anything helpful to say don't say anything at all.

But thanks for your non insightful and helpful remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Your welcome :) Its the main reason Im not signing a contract cause I don't where will I be in 18 months.

Its hard to pity some one when they knew what they were signing up to. There's way too many threads like these here.
    No need to be abusive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Circumstances in life change,if i knew i wouldnt be in the country in a year, do u think i would of signed a 24 month contract. I won't be in the country for a few months but I will be back, considering it won't be used, they could at least let me lower my tariff, they would still be getting money for nothing.
    Exactly, hence why you don't sign a 24 month mobile phone contract. Sounds like you've been taught a valuable lesson, and it only cost you a little over EUR 700.

It's a public internet forum. You don't choose the responses.

ballooba wrote: »
    Exactly, hence why you don't sign a 24 month mobile phone contract. Sounds like you've been taught a valuable lesson, and it only cost you a little over EUR 700.

It's a public internet forum. You don't choose the responses.

I have not and will not be paying anything like 700 euro and the only lesson I have learned is to not expect all intelligent answers or relevant posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I have not and will not be paying anything like 700 euro and the only lesson I have learned is to not expect all intelligent answers or relevant posts.
    Welcome to the internet.

P.S. My mistake, EUR 360. At least I won't be the one paying it (/appearing in Stubbs).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I signed up to a 24 month iPhone contract last December on 60 euro a month..
    This November it looks like I won't be in Ireland for a few months so I won't be using my phone at all.
    I rang meteor to cancel my contract or suspend it till I get back or even lower my tariff to which they said no to all...

Surely there must be something i can do, as I can't afford 60 euro a month for 6 months for somethin I won't be using!

Thanks

Usually you are allowed to step down to a lower tariff after a certain period of time i.e. you do not have to stay on the same tariff for the duration of the contract. I remember, as I was previously with Meteor, had a smartphone ( Android ), 18-month contract and after 6 months rang them and asked to be put on a lower plan which they allowed me too. Obviously, they may have changed this policy since.

If you do not wish to hold onto the phone I suggest you try selling it to pay off the remainder of the contract.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Laoisfan thanks for your help much appreciated

Advertisement