Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you offer?

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys I got a text from a friend looking to sell a old pc he has asked me to make the first offer. So here I am looking for what you think would be a fair price to offer him.

Intel Celeron CPU 2.6Ghz
    80GB Hard Drive
    256mb ram
    Cd Drive
    DVD drive
    Intel Extreme Graphics
    xenon 4 motherboard ms-6577 v 2.1

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

Hi guys I got a text from a friend looking to sell a old pc he has asked me to make the first offer. So here I am looking for what you think would be a fair price to offer him.

Intel Celeron CPU 2.6Ghz
    80GB Hard Drive
    256mb ram
    Cd Drive
    DVD drive
    Intel Extreme Graphics

Thanks in Advance

Depending on the condition and age of the the Netbook (which is what I'm assuming it is?) from 70-120 max

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Snow joke wrote: »

Intel Celeron CPU 2.6Ghz
    80GB Hard Drive
    256mb ram
    Cd Drive
    DVD drive
    Intel Extreme Graphics

Thanks in Advance

Depending on the condition and age of the the Netbook (which is what I'm assuming it is?) from 70-120 max

Its a computer tower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

About €50 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Intel Celeron CPU 2.6Ghz
    80GB Hard Drive
    256mb ram
    Cd Drive
    DVD drive
    Intel Extreme Graphics

Thanks in Advance

€30 - no joke, just take a look at adverts and you'll see similar specs for the same money.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/computers/desktops/492/sortby_price-asc/page-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

€20-€30 (if I was in the market for a crap computer for some reason or old parts)

The motherboard only has IDE so I assume all the drives are IDE too.
    The RAM is DDR.

I would advise him to split the parts and try and sell them on ebay. He might be able to get €30ish for the Cd/dvd drive, ram and hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Would it be worth buying it to upgrade in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

If you're looking to use it for anything other than email and basic web browsing steer clear, waiting for it to respond will drive you demented. It will struggle to play youtube videos higher than 480p and at will slow to a crawl with more than two browser windows open.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

I remember having a tower like that 10 years ago. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I was thinking, "Ah it might not be so bad - it could be a newer celeron". Then I saw the rest of the specs.
    It's socket 478 - even the Pentium 4s from that line are bad now and the celeron is worse. I've given away and told people to get rid of newer machines than that.

I don't feel it's worth anything but €30 would be fair enough as others said, if you want a PC for basics and don't care too much. I hope your friend doesn't get too angry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement