Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I see robbie Williams is playing the O2 in three weeks with tickets only available on his website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

If you book them they will come......

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

All proceeds going to UNICEF & ISPCC. Registered myself earlier-fingers crossed & good luck to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

This is apparently his 'free' concert he promised in Croker 6 years ago. Understandable as it wouldn't have been feasible to do a free gig for 80,000. I suppose he himself is doing it for free and it is for charity but i'm betting his management were thinking of a way he could get the whole 'free gig in Dublin' out of the way before he does a proper tour and plays Croker or Landsdowne next year. Pretty clever really although fair play to him for actually doing this one off Dublin gig. Most major acts wouldn't have bothered. It does seem bizzare to have tickets do on sale 2 weeks before the actual gig, especially in a venue as large at the O2. Will ticketmaster really get 14,000 tickets sent out that quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

SB-08 wrote: »
    This is apparently his 'free' concert he promised in Croker 6 years ago. Understandable as it wouldn't have been feasible to do a free gig for 80,000. I suppose he himself is doing it for free and it is for charity but i'm betting his management were thinking of a way he could get the whole 'free gig in Dublin' out of the way before he does a proper tour and plays Croker or Landsdowne next year. Pretty clever really although fair play to him for actually doing this one off Dublin gig. Most major acts wouldn't have bothered. It does seem bizzare to have tickets do on sale 2 weeks before the actual gig, especially in a venue as large at the O2. Will ticketmaster really get 14,000 tickets sent out that quick?

It's a ticketless event, all people wanting to go must enter a lottery, winners get to buy a ticket.
    Print the ticket off, will have names on, and ID must be shown on the night or ya don't get in

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

People still genuinely want to see this guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

yes we do.
    Entered myself for the lottery, I wonder how popular it will be. . .

Yep! I'm delighted when I hear of someone who doesn't, less competition for tickets haha!

Seriously though he still has a huge fan base & we've been waiting 6 years for a solo gig.

Anniebell wrote: »
    Yep! I'm delighted when I hear of someone who doesn't, less competition for tickets haha!

Seriously though he still has a huge fan base & we've been waiting 6 years for a solo gig.

Fair enough. I went to see him in the RDS years ago and loved it. Had a poster of him on my wall too. I thought most people grew out of him over the years.

Fair enough. I went to see him in the RDS years ago and loved it. Had a poster of him on my wall too. I thought most people grew out of him over the years.

Never knew he played the RDS, and I call myself a fan! I had many a poster too.

Going by the reaction he got in Croker last year I'm sure there's still a fair few Irish fans in the background!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

I would be in America when this is on. Thats him, the view and the Ireland Oman match I will miss now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

How do you apply?

Attendance to this ticketless gig should be gold dust, but fair dues to him for announcing a one-off show I'd agree with that.

karaokeman wrote: »
    How do you apply?

Attendance to this ticketless gig should be gold dust, but fair dues to him for announcing a one-off show I'd agree with that.

Here's the link for registration

http://tickets.robbiewilliams.com/

Good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

thanks for that......................just entered myself there.
    fingers crossed

1966 wrote: »
    thanks for that......................just entered myself there.
    fingers crossed

You're welcome, hopefully we'll some winners in this thread.

*excited*

Going by the reaction he got in Croker last year I'm sure there's still a fair few Irish fans in the background!

Now that I think of it, it was Lansdowne, not RDS. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Here's the link for registration

http://tickets.robbiewilliams.com/

Good luck :-)

Thanks.

Applied for tickets myself, but it will be hard enough to get them if I do I will be chuffed.

Anyone who's an O2 customer can also enter the ballot by texting ROBBIE to 51020

Now that I think of it, it was Lansdowne, not RDS. Sorry.

Oh yeah that was a cracking gig! Can't believe that was 11 years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I've entered....fingers crossed :)

I've seen RW twice in Melbourne and both were amazing. Would love to see him here in Dublin now.

Anyone get a code? I got a no from O2 so holding out for an email from rw.com

Sick with excitement lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 juratelle

got a YES from O2!!!! I can officially declare it's the best Monday ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Any emails sent out yet? The website says they'll be recieved by 12 midday tomorrow so could be anytime I suppose!

juratelle wrote: »
    got a YES from O2!!!! I can officially declare it's the best Monday ever!!!

Wohooo!! Fantastic :-) well done!

Any emails sent out yet? The website says they'll be recieved by 12 midday tomorrow so could be anytime I suppose!

No emails here yet. Prob be tomorrow morning I'd say. Argh my nerves lol

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

How much were the tickets anyway? It doesn't say on the site

hayser wrote: »
    How much were the tickets anyway? It doesn't say on the site
    Can't remember where I saw prices but I recall €35/€45 assuming the cheaper ones are standing but not 100%

ETA

http://www.ispcc.ie/news-media/childrens-issues-in-the-news/robbie-williams-supporting-childline-/2005

Here's where I saw the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Anyone get an email yet? I didn't. Guess I'm not going!

PigeonPie wrote: »
    Anyone get an email yet? I didn't. Guess I'm not going!

Me neither :-( although I think we're meant to get an email either way iykwim. Got a no yesterday from the O2 ballot, urgh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Nothing here yet either ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I haven't received one either. But it turns out I won't be able to on the night, so if I do I'll send on a code/link.

Advertisement