Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hey
    Due to a TM nightmare while booking, i ended up with 1 seated ticket, would really like standing so in the vain hope anyone had the opposite problem, we could swap, maybe inside the venue given the strict door conditions :)
    Shylock16 wrote: »
    anyone know how i could go about swapping standing tickets for seated ? highly unlikely i know but worth a try !!!

Maybe you 2 could hook up?;)

There are also people on adverts etc still trying to sell codes even though they have been informed it's sold out...pure greedy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 7worldscollide

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Maybe you 2 could hook up?;)
    Heh heh, I'd settle for swap ;), I think that they want more than one reading the post, but who knows ...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

Heh heh, I'd settle for swap ;), I think that they want more than one reading the post, but who knows ...

hey yeah im looking for 2 :( dont suppose you have 2 ? haha worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I know. And someone one done deal who has said they will send the ticket after they receive the money (and they are asking a fortune) Given it's paperless entry...grrr. Althugh anyone who falls for that nearly deserves it.

As an aside, anyone f rom the Clare/Limerick region heading up? Kelly travel will run a bus if they get 10 people. Is €30 return. Only thing i don't like is the early time they leave (2pm from Limerick). If you are interested, ring Kelly travel so they can see if they have enough numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 7worldscollide

There are also people on adverts etc still trying to sell codes even though they have been informed it's sold out...pure greedy :mad:
    Totally... No charity there. 2 being sold on DoneDeal for 400 & a good chance they will get turned away because of T & C's...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭micks_address

Will be mega peeved if I can't get in next week. I initially tried to pay with my own laser but that was rejected. I was panicking as that bloody counter was ticking down so I just asked my friend and he stuck in his visa details... Who reads terms and conditions????? I'll contact the radio stations next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No winning in this lottery for me :( enjoy all he does put on a great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I think I'm in trouble with this one...I got my ticket yesterday (woohoo)....read through the terms and conditions of it being a ticketless event last night. It says the name on the debit/credit card must be the same as on your photo id, no name changes or letters of authorization will be accepted. My card is in my married name...my id is in my maiden name.

After 3 rounds of ballots and blunders I still don't think i'll get in!

Totally... No charity there. 2 being sold on DoneDeal for 400 & a good chance they will get turned away because of T & C's...

If they're just selling the codes people should still be able to get in. It's the credit card you purchase with that has to be the same as your id. You don't purchase till after you put in the code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

If they're just selling the codes people should still be able to get in. It's the credit card you purchase with that has to be the same as your id. You don't purchase till after you put in the code

No, they wont, because there are no tickets to buy now with the codes, all the tickets are sold out, so even someone with a code wont be able to buy a ticket.

I have two codes and cant get any tickets, so the code doesnt guarantee a ticket.

andreac wrote: »

No, they wont, because there are no tickets to buy now with the codes, all the tickets are sold out, so even someone with a code wont be able to buy a ticket.

I have two codes and cant get any tickets, so the code doesnt guarantee a ticket.

Then not getting in is down to it being sold out, not because of the terms and conditions.

I don't know how it can be sold out though, because they only issued enough passwords for the amount of tickets they had didnt they? Hence the reason for the ballot. Not contradicting you BTW, obviously you see what's on your screen, but I'd be asking ticketmaster how a password can't guarantee a ticket.

Then not getting in is down to it being sold out, not because of the terms and conditions.

I don't know how it can be sold out though, because they only issued enough passwords for the amount of tickets they had didnt they? Hence the reason for the ballot. Not contradicting you BTW, obviously you see what's on your screen, but I'd be asking ticketmaster how a password can't guarantee a ticket.

No, the email on Friday went out to everyone who was unsuccessful in the ballot so the remaining tickets could be purchased on a 'first comes, first served basis' and the exsiting T & C still remain - ie/ name must match card used for payment and ID. There were (& might still be) people on donedeal trying to sell actual tickets rather than codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I think I'm in trouble with this one...I got my ticket yesterday (woohoo)....read through the terms and conditions of it being a ticketless event last night. It says the name on the debit/credit card must be the same as on your photo id, no name changes or letters of authorization will be accepted. My card is in my married name...my id is in my maiden name.

I know it is a lot of effort, and you might be alright. But you could photo copy a birth cert or something that has your maiden name aswell as the photo ID just in case?

CiaranK wrote: »

I know it is a lot of effort, and you might be alright. But you could photo copy a birth cert or something that has your maiden name aswell as the photo ID just in case?

I have a photocopy of my church marriage Cert, can't find my actual one...so I might bring that. I was thinking of going in and getting a copy of my marriage Cert from the registrar but other half says I'm being over the top. It might be worth it though to ve sure of getting in :/ . Is it over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Unless the buyer is also going to give you his ID and Credit Card don't waste your money!!

Will be mega peeved if I can't get in next week. I initially tried to pay with my own laser but that was rejected. I was panicking as that bloody counter was ticking down so I just asked my friend and he stuck in his visa details... Who reads terms and conditions????? I'll contact the radio stations next week..

And the Radio Stations will do what exactly??? The T & C are there to see.. Again, you'll have to bring your friends VISA card or ask him to tag along.
    lorweld wrote: »
    Was just thinking since its a paperless event how are they going to know who paid extra for seated tickets and what seats they were allocated? I'll go mad if someone takes my seat!

All the details are allocated to your credit card. Hence the CC used for booking is your 'ticket' so make sure to bring it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭micks_address

The terms and conditions also says the visa card holder has to be attending the event. The what if a parent buys tickets for their teenagers? Friend is lending me his credit card, and copy of his passport and a letter of authorisation.. Will just pretend to be him... Doubt they be to fussy

Unless the buyer is also going to give you his ID and Credit Card don't waste your money!!

And the Radio Stations will do what exactly??? The T & C are there to see.. Again, you'll have to bring your friends VISA card or ask him to tag along.
    Was just thinking since its a paperless event how are they going to know who paid extra for seated tickets and what seats they were allocated? I'll go mad if someone takes my seat!

All the details are allocated to your credit card. Hence the CC used for booking is your 'ticket' so make sure to bring it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Ok, thanks! Have a feeling the queues will be mental with them having to swipe everyones cc & check id!

Anyone know when he is onstage and if there is a support act?

Ok, thanks! Have a feeling the queues will be mental with them having to swipe everyones cc & check id!

Anyone know when he is onstage and if there is a support act?

Think the doors open at 6.30pm so I presume he'll be on at 8 or 8.30pm?
    No idea who his support is though. Out of curiosity how many tickets were there does anyone know? Oh I can't bloody wait for this gig:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 redzil

Will they really be able to check every single persons ID and Credit Card on the night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Deana

hi I was successful in the second round.my friend was successful in the first round so I've got my ticket with her so don't need my code.
    If anyone wants it just message me...and I'm not looking for money for it.

Dean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Not anymore ;)

Deana wrote: »
    hi I was successful in the second round.my friend was successful in the first round so I've got my ticket with her so don't need my code.

Dean

They are sold out. Got a code myself in the 2nd ballot but were gone before I could buy any.

Not anymore ;)

Yep did a bit of reporting;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Deana wrote: »

Dean

Have you read any this thread? There are no tickets left, so the code is invalid now. Lots of people still have codes, including myself, but cant get tickets because the are all GONE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Hi all this question was probably already asked but I'm panicking here, I won the ballot but as I don't have a credit card I asked my brother if I could use his so we used my passcode sent by ticketmaster to buy the tickets. My brother is coming to the gig with me (we're both huge fans haha) so will we be ok for entry seeing as his credit card will match his ID, even though I was the one who won the tickets?

Also on his receipt it says we've payed for "seated-standing" so which are we does anyone who's going know??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

First single was played on BBC this morning:).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

any idea what time this gig starts at ??? doors are at 6.30 i think , but im not hanging around for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

any idea what time this gig starts at ??? doors are at 6.30 i think , but im not hanging around for hours

If there is no support then I'd expect him to start at 8.30/9. I would get there in plenty of time though as the process of a ticketless event is not the same as simply scanning a barcode on a ticket. Put that together with issues about names on cards, checking ID and the possibility of a general f'up with the system.

Love the new song:D
    'Tickets' are now selling for €600 on donedeal...really hope nobody buys these.

• Advertisement

Love the new song:D
    'Tickets' are now selling for €600 on donedeal...really hope nobody buys these.

And the people are offering to hand over their credit cards/laser cards as well! Althugh one person did say the laser card would be cancelled. Still need photo id to match the card though. I really hope no one buys these tix so the scammers can't make a profit. You have to give ticketmaster credit for at least trying to keep tix out of scammers and scalpers hands.

Advertisement