Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭pauliemc

Folks

I purchased 2 tickets for this event but unfortunately cannot attend and Im looking to move the tickets on (for face value)

The only way I can think of this is to meet someone and enter the O2 with them and then I leave again. doors open at 6.30 so I could just about manage this. The tickets I have are for standing so if anyone is interested in the option above please PM me. Any other ideas/suggestions would also be appreciated...

Note :- I have no interest in making a profit on this exchange. Just looking to re-coup some of the costs I paid and ticketmaster are not being resonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

pauliemc wrote: »
    Folks

I purchased 2 tickets for this event but unfortunately cannot attend and Im looking to move the tickets on (for face value)

The only way I can think of this is to meet someone and enter the O2 with them and then I leave again. doors open at 6.30 so I could just about manage this. The tickets I have are for standing so if anyone is interested in the option above please PM me. Any other ideas/suggestions would also be appreciated...

Note :- I have no interest in making a profit on this exchange. Just looking to re-coup some of the costs I paid and ticketmaster are not being resonable

I doubt that you would be let in with two other people - from reading the restrictions, the purchaser has to attend the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭pauliemc

LeftBlank wrote: »
    I doubt that you would be let in with two other people - from reading the restrictions, the purchaser has to attend the concert.

Agreed - I know that I will only be able to take one person in with me but this maybe of interest to someone since it is a standing ticket. I have accepted I have lost the price of the 1st ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

pauliemc wrote: »
    Agreed - I know that I will only be able to take one person in with me but this maybe of interest to someone since it is a standing ticket. I have accepted I have lost the price of the 1st ticket

Hope you get sorted out with someone who'll take that other ticket as your offer is decent.

Just in case nobody on this forum contacts you, there's at least one other RW fan on the RW forum looking for a spare ticket so maybe you could try making contact with that person ? Its post 225 in the link below.

http://www.robbiewilliams.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9121&page=23

I'd be surprised if you didn't get fixed up for that 1 ticket with the demand that appears to be present for this gig.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shinyshoos

Hi there, I have two tickets for the gig due to myself and my best friend both buying tickets when we only needed 1 pair between us.
    PM me for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

lorweld wrote: »
    Ok, thanks! Have a feeling the queues will be mental with them having to swipe everyones cc & check id!

Anyone know when he is onstage and if there is a support act?

Reckon he'll be on at 8:45 and finish up about 10:30, based on my experience of gigs at the O2.

Tbh I'd much prefer if there was no support act and if Rob played for extra long, seen as how he's only playing four dates. He talked about performing some rare stuff like album tracks and B-Sides, so depending on how long the gig will be it'd be nice to get some of these along with the hits and new songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Well here's the new vid to get us all in the humour. I love it and he looks HOT in that pink suit ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Oooh thanks for that ziggy! I love it. Very different, but so Robbie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

So much for saying that it was a "paperless" event - now those attending are being asked to bring along print outs of the confirmation emails.

In which case, why not just issue e-tickets in the first place.
    Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets through us.

Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding the Robbie William's event and specifically in relation to the Paperless Ticketing of this event.

*No paper tickets will be issued for this event.

The credit/debit card used to purchase your tickets will be swiped at the venue in order to gain entry

*You (the card holder) and your guest must be present at the same time and enter the venue together. There are no exceptions to this

*The entrance number that you need to present your credit/debit card at is ENTRANCE 3

*If there is an issue with swiping your credit/debit card at the door, assistance will be provided at the box office.

* You MUST print your confirmation email and bring it with you to the event

* To reiterate: You will not gain entry to the event if you do not bring the credit/debit card used to make the purchase.
    The above was in my spam folder and if other people miss this new detail, can see there being chaos on the night.

Should be a good gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ted! wrote: »
    So much for saying that it was a "paperless" event - now those attending are being asked to bring along print outs of the confirmation emails.

In which case, why not just issue e-tickets in the first place. The above was in my spam folder and if other people miss this new detail, can see there being chaos on the night.

No sign of that email in my inbox or spam.

EDIT: Just as I type it has arrived.

• Advertisement

mel.b wrote: »
    And the people are offering to hand over their credit cards/laser cards as well! Althugh one person did say the laser card would be cancelled. Still need photo id to match the card though. I really hope no one buys these tix so the scammers can't make a profit. You have to give ticketmaster credit for at least trying to keep tix out of scammers and scalpers hands.

The problem now for anyone who's bought a ticket to be provided with the cancelled credit card used to originally purchase the ticket is that when the credit card is scanned at the entrance on the night, it presumably won't work because it will have been cancelled previously.

In which case, why not just issue e-tickets in the first place. The above was in my spam folder and if other people miss this new detail, can see there being chaos on the night.

I wonder if that is the Ticketmaster confirmation email you get when the tickets have been purchased ?

bonoman66 wrote: »
    The problem now for anyone who's bought a ticket to be provided with the cancelled credit card used to originally purchase the ticket is that when the credit card is scanned at the entrance on the night, it presumably won't work because it will have been cancelled previously.

This worries me because my Laser card has been cancelled but it was active when I purchased my tickets, however I do have a Visa card now which is linked to the same acccount.

I don't see how they can deny my Visa, but if they do, I'm assuming we can go by this rule;
    *If there is an issue with swiping your credit/debit card at the door, assistance will be provided at the box office.

So presumably anyone who has problems with their credit/debit cards (like myself if my new Visa is denied) can still be provided entry if we have the confirmation email, and photo I.D. I plan on bringing both, so please god there will be no troubles with this.

karaokeman wrote: »
    This worries me because my Laser card has been cancelled but it was active when I purchased my tickets, however I do have a Visa card now which is linked to the same acccount.

I don't see how they can deny my Visa, but if they do, I'm assuming we can go by this rule;

So presumably anyone who has problems with their credit/debit cards (like myself if my new Visa is denied) can still be provided entry if we have the confirmation email, and photo I.D. I plan on bringing both, so please god there will be no troubles with this.

I think you should be ok, you case sounds legit & you have a resonable explanation - just try be calm about it on the day.

The stress level for all those going will depend on how strict they (venue teams) are, & what level of actual enforcement they take at the door.

I imagine there will be lots of genuine fans going who don't own a credit card themselves (eg tix bought by friend or relative or parents) who will turn up & there could be lots of confusion, backlog of queues forming while issues are being sorted, the box office could become 'swamped' with people quite quickly so allow for plenty of time when turning up. The card owners in some cases will be going in & leaving almost instantly (if they are not in a position to stay) so there could be unsual amounts of traffic / rechecks at the doors etc..

Hopefully, it'll just be like collect prepaid cinema tickets - in that you just swipe the card , have valid photo ID with the same name as the card & you'll get in (but maybe I'm expecting too much ;)).

If it turns out to be a very manual process with the venue teams needing to visually inspect every piece of documentation in addition to swiping cards, it could be tedious & timeconsuming for everyone - & that's if everything is going without problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭micks_address

I'm going with my wife on Friday and have standing tickets. If anyone who has seated tickets and would prefer standing wants to drop me a pm maybe we could meet inside the venue and trade cheers mick

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hope some one can help me out.

Me and my sister are going to the gig, I will be coming from work in Roscommon and she will be coming from limerick so has anyone any idea what time he will be on stage at? 6.30 is on the tickets but would aiming for 8 be to late? We have no issues with tickets there in m name and i have id so we should be straight in just dont want to miss him!!

I tweeted the promoters doubt il get a reply.

Thanks in advance!!

Got the same email. It doesn't mention bringing Id so should be fine with the credit card used to pay for tickets

In which case, why not just issue e-tickets in the first place.
    Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets through us.

Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding the Robbie William's event and specifically in relation to the Paperless Ticketing of this event.

*No paper tickets will be issued for this event.

The credit/debit card used to purchase your tickets will be swiped at the venue in order to gain entry

*You (the card holder) and your guest must be present at the same time and enter the venue together. There are no exceptions to this

*The entrance number that you need to present your credit/debit card at is ENTRANCE 3

* You MUST print your confirmation email and bring it with you to the event

* To reiterate: You will not gain entry to the event if you do not bring the credit/debit card used to make the purchase.
    The above was in my spam folder and if other people miss this new detail, can see there being chaos on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

I'm going with my wife on Friday and have standing tickets. If anyone who has seated tickets and would prefer standing wants to drop me a pm maybe we could meet inside the venue and trade cheers mick

where is standing ??...nearest the stage on the ground i'm presuming ?

I assume so. Would want seats to be close to stage as possible
    coolegrain wrote: »

where is standing ??...nearest the stage on the ground ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

Anyone else out the wanting to swap standing for seated tickets ?! My GF has a bad back and wouldn't be able for the standing ! PM if anyone can help ! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Just an update on the o2 Facebook page it says Robbie is on stage at 8p.m with no support act and that he will be finished between 10.30 and 10.45

o2 Facebook Page

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

This would be very hard to do inside the O2 i reckon, they tend to split people for standing/ seating but i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Hi

I have a standing ticket going spare if anyone is interested. Face value. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sryanmurph

hi everyone,

Has anyone heard that there has been a change to the terms and conditions for the gig by ticketmaster?(ie that tickets are now transferable??) I have seen an ad on done deal also saying the same cannot find any information anywhere about it and ticketmaster customer service are closed till the morning. :mad:

Id appreciate any comments have read all posts on this thread and my head is telling me this is highly unlikely!!!!!!

im living in hope;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I may have one spare myself as we have 4 and only need 3. Don't think we have any interest in the 4th. If anyone is interested they can PM me and for assurance, I'm a mod on toutless so completely genuine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niamh43

Hi All,

Can anyone that attends Glasgow tonight let me know about the entry conditions. Have tickets for tomm in 02 in Dublin but were booked on husbands card & he is not going. Just myself & friend. Do you think they will let us in if we bring his card & his ID & a bank statement to prove we have same account. ???

Also what time did show actually start & is there a support ?

Thanks
    nv

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zings1

I think I'm in trouble with this one...I got my ticket yesterday (woohoo)....read through the terms and conditions of it being a ticketless event last night. It says the name on the debit/credit card must be the same as on your photo id, no name changes or letters of authorization will be accepted. My card is in my married name...my id is in my maiden name.

After 3 rounds of ballots and blunders I still don't think i'll get in!

bring your marriage cert

Niamh43 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone that attends Glasgow tonight let me know about the entry conditions. Have tickets for tomm in 02 in Dublin but were booked on husbands card & he is not going. Just myself & friend. Do you think they will let us in if we bring his card & his ID & a bank statement to prove we have same account. ???

Also what time did show actually start & is there a support ?

Thanks
    nv

No support in the gigs this week so far.

Rob has been onstage at approx 8:30pm & finished at approx 10:20pm-10:30pm at the last 2 gigs this week. I'd guess we'll see something similar tomorrow - better to be there early than late though just in case he feels like coming on a bit sooner.

Bring along all your documentation, remain calm & try explain your individual case when talking with the venue team. I'd guess there will be loads of people with tickets who may not strictly speaking meet all the requirements of the event T&Cs. It'll depend how strict the venue staff have been told to be on the night in terms of whether anyone who doesn't meet all the T&Cs will be admitted. It may vary from person to person depending on their particular issue / deviation from the T&Cs.

I'd imagine there may be a fair few people have bought tickets (or had tickets bought for them - especially younger people who may not have their own cc) with other people's credit cards & the cc owners may not be able to attend in person.

If the venue is really strict, there may be a fair number of genuine fans outside (who just don't meet one or more of the conditions) & consequently a fair number of empty spaces or seats inside.

I just hope the venue are reasonable on the night & its not mayhem.

I've read where one fan turned up for one of the recent gigs & saw others who didn't have all the documentation that was mentioned as a requirment in the T&Cs. No mention if these fans were turned away though.

Anyone know where Rob's staying? Wouldn't mind getting some things signed, although with his wife as is I wouldn't blame him if this gig will be a fly-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know where Rob's staying? Wouldn't mind getting some things signed, although with his wife as is I wouldn't blame him if this gig will be a fly-in.

I really doubt he'll be staying over tbh as he hasn't done in years. Any other gigs he's done here he's flown back to
    England straight after, apart from the Take That gig last year as they were doing two nights.

He's doing an appearance at Brown Thomas tomorrow afternoon to launch his Farrell clothes range but no idea if he'll meet fans outside or not. Might be worth a shot as I think he signed a few autographs in Glasgow at House of Fraser yesterday.

Advertisement