Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I see on another chat forum that some people managed to buy tickets today using their code they got last week (obviously an unused code). It's worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Yea he'll be in Brown Thomas tomorrow have no idea what time though but I'm headin into town early enough to see if I can get a glimpse of him:p

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I wonder will he go on the LLS after the gig as it will be over around half 10 so he could easily pop over to RTE. Maybe he'll wait till his album is out or he is announcing a big stadium show to go on and get grilled by Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

The reviews from the first gig seem really good...we're in for a treat tomorrow night! Mistly classic stuff with a few new ones and a couple of covers it seems. For those wondering about entry this is what it said on one forum

Getting in was no problem, when queued outside they checked my email printout, photo id and bank card and got a wristband then when we got inside they scan your card show your wristband and your in.

http://www.robbiewilliams.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11104&page=2

Camera is charging...i can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 missvivers400m

I bought a ticket for the Dublin show tomorrow. I am aware that it said you must have a passport or a drivers license with you to get in. I don't hold either of these forms of i.d. Will the checks with Passports or drivers licences be strict? I have a student card which has a photo and my Social Welfare card both have my PPS number on them. Will that get me in? I'm worried I wont be let. Any advice would be much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Yea he'll be in Brown Thomas tomorrow have no idea what time though but I'm headin into town early enough to see if I can get a glimpse of him:p

I'd guess he'll be at Brown Thomas maybe 4pm or so, stay there for an hour and then do the sound check in the O2.

There was a competition on facebook for someone to meet and be styled by Robbie, didn't see that until now as I don't follow Brown Thomas. Can't see him meeting anyone else though, would ruin the point of a competition for one person to meet him really.

Don't think he'll be on the Late Late unless there will be a pre-recorded interview like Noel Gallagher did when he played the O2 on a friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'd guess he'll be at Brown Thomas maybe 4pm or so, stay there for an hour and then do the sound check in the O2.

There was a competition on facebook for someone to meet and be styled by Robbie, didn't see that until now as I don't follow Brown Thomas. Can't see him meeting anyone else though, would ruin the point of a competition for one person to meet him really.

Don't think he'll be on the Late Late unless there will be a pre-recorded interview like Noel Gallagher did when he played the O2 on a friday.

Yep I entered that comp well infact it was a comp for men to meet him and be styled by him so I entered my ex:o:o He didn't win obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I bought a ticket for the Dublin show tomorrow. I am aware that it said you must have a passport or a drivers license with you to get in. I don't hold either of these forms of i.d. Will the checks with Passports or drivers licences be strict? I have a student card which has a photo and my Social Welfare card both have my PPS number on them. Will that get me in? I'm worried I wont be let. Any advice would be much appreciated

I've no idea how strict they'll be re ID but why don't you give the O2 a buzz in the morning & ask? I'd say once you've photo ID of some sort then you'll be ok but if it was me, I'd rather double check before I got down there!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

to all fellow posters, friends, romans, countrymen and all that bollocks...have a wonderful time tonight if you are going.
    getting ready to board the 11am train here.....bit worried about the photo i.d. thing....an example..what if your credit card says fred jones...but your drivers license says frederick jones ??

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

also...i worry about pickpocketers all the time....seems strange to ask people to go to a crowded gig with credit cards and drivers licenses on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

coolegrain wrote: »
    to all fellow posters, friends, romans, countrymen and all that bollocks...have a wonderful time tonight if you are going.
    getting ready to board the 11am train here.....bit worried about the photo i.d. thing....an example..what if your credit card says fred jones...but your drivers license says frederick jones ??

Personally I would not be concerned about that sort of slight name difference etc..

Enjoy the gig - it'll hopefully be a real cracker if the others this week are anything to go by etc..

coolegrain wrote: »
    also...i worry about pickpocketers all the time....seems strange to ask people to go to a crowded gig with credit cards and drivers licenses on them

Just take some sensible precautions such as..

Don't leave anyting valuable in your back pockets of trousers..

Don't leave pockets open with anything visible (or bags if you have one)..

Don't hang a bag so its over your back, make sure its hanging to your front where you have some chance of seeing it..

Keep all zips / flaps closed...

Don't let worry spoil your enjoyment - be aware & just be sensible ;)

I'd say you'll be fine with that type of ID - bring both with you..

Not everyone will have a Passport or Drivers Licence etc.. (Its a standard type of ID that's asked for by default in situations like these paperless events but the organizers will not expect that 100% of the attending crowd will have those exact forms of ID..)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

My best mates mother passed away suddenly in middle of the night and not sure what to do at all

They are based down the country so may head down this evening or in morning

The gig now is last thing im focusing on
    Not sure if I will go, will be last minute decision, some things in life are more important

Setlist from Leeds, maybe we will get something similar;
    Band Intro - Phoenix From The Flames
    Let Me Entertain You
    Lazy Days
    Let Love Be Your Energy
    Karma Killer
    Old Before I Die
    Monsoon
    Rock DJ (With rap excerpt from Rudebox / Freedom)
    The Road to Mandalay
    Eternity
    Come Undone
    She's the One (World Party cover)
    Feel
    Hot Fudge
    Candy
    Kids

Encore

Life Thru a Lens
    Angels
    Losers (Acoustic, duet with backing singer)

padski08 wrote: »
    My best mates mother passed away suddenly in middle of the night and not sure what to do at all

They are based down the country so may head down this evening or in morning

The gig now is last thing im focusing on
    Not sure if I will go, will be last minute decision, some things in life are more important

Sorry to hear that news padski08.

You're absolutely right - this unfortunate news puts things totally in perspective.

I know its a bit disappointing but at the end of the day - its a reality check & this is just a gig & I'm sure you'll get a chance to see Rob again when the formal World Tour comes back to Ireland.

Hope everything works out - you might get to see the gig tonight but don't be too upset about it in the context of this situation (try be with your best mate if you know it'll help them) if you can't make it to the gig..

Soooooo can't wait for this now, Robbie was awesome when I saw him with Take That last year and now I'll be able to see his own show, at an indoor venue (even better).

Heading to Dublin now, good luck to all hopefully no one will have any problems getting in tonight.

Heading to Dublin now, good luck to all hopefully no one will have any problems getting in tonight.

Enjoy the gig tonight - I'm sure Robbie will have great craic with the audience tonight.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Talk about overkill, 7 emails and 2 text messages in the last three days reminding me to bring the credit card and photo ID with me. I'm an adult, I'm not stupid, I've been to 100s of gigs before I know what to bring with me. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Woohoo! Can't wait! Hope we all get in with no problems. Will be singing along with you all later! Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭flasher0030

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Just take some sensible precautions such as..

Don't leave anyting valuable in your back pockets of trousers..

Don't leave pockets open with anything visible (or bags if you have one)..

Don't hang a bag so its over your back, make sure its hanging to your front where you have some chance of seeing it..

Keep all zips / flaps closed...

Don't let worry spoil your enjoyment - be aware & just be sensible ;)

:eek: - Will George Michael be there?

Hi

I have a standing ticket going spare if anyone is interested. Face value. PM me.

Hi, the buyer I had for this ticket has pulled out so its still available.

PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that news padski08.

You're absolutely right - this unfortunate news puts things totally in perspective.

I know its a bit disappointing but at the end of the day - its a reality check & this is just a gig & I'm sure you'll get a chance to see Rob again when the formal World Tour comes back to Ireland.

Hope everything works out - you might get to see the gig tonight but don't be too upset about it in the context of this situation (try be with your best mate if you know it'll help them) if you can't make it to the gig..

Never truer words spoken, nice post!

Everyone will have a ball tonight, the set list from during the week looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Setlist from Leeds, maybe we will get something similar;
    Band Intro - Phoenix From The Flames
    Let Me Entertain You
    Lazy Days
    Let Love Be Your Energy
    Karma Killer
    Old Before I Die
    Monsoon
    Rock DJ (With rap excerpt from Rudebox / Freedom)
    The Road to Mandalay
    Eternity
    Come Undone
    She's the One (World Party cover)
    Feel
    Hot Fudge
    Candy
    Kids

Encore

Life Thru a Lens
    Angels
    Losers (Acoustic, duet with backing singer)

:( no
    Strong? Give me that over Road to Mandalay anyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

No Id checked on door ! Just card swiped !

Didn't ask for photo ID just swiped the credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Didn't ask for photo ID just swiped the credit card

What's the queue like folks? I'm just leaving kilmainham now.

Apparently robbies wife has gone in to labour. Hopefully she can keeps her legs crossed for a few hours.

• Advertisement

Apparently robbies wife has gone in to labour. Hopefully she can keeps her legs crossed for a few hours.

Advertisement