Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Great gig, Rob doesn't appear to be slowing down with age.

His vocals for Losers were top notch, proof that he can sing and well I might add.

Love the way he was so engaged with the crowd, one person I remember was wearing a fake shirt and Rob offered to give her an official one, which he did. The funniest part was definitely when he spoke of Nigel Smith finding Take That and how he would've been in Boyzone if that hadn't happened.

My card was denied at entry, but they fixed me up at the box office and thank the lord they let me in, I really was getting worried about it.

Would love to see him again if I wasn't away all next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Amazing gig, had a fab time!! Was right up the front so was so close to him and he was amazing. Cant wait until he comes back again :D

Thought he performed very well and really engaged with the crowd, was great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Little momento of a great night....

Hope you enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Entertained!

That is all. Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Bloody amazing the best I've seen him live in a long time got really close to the stage too. Great gig:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Brilliant gig. He sings let me entertain you and he certainly does. Great to hear the classics, karma killer is one of my favourite songs. Two new songs were great as well - Candy is typical Robbie catchy little tune (it's still going my head this morning) and Losers shows that Robbie really can sing. Can't wait for the new album now and another gig next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

What an awesome night!

My seat wasn't all that great but here is a link to some photos I took...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151164758973979.471720.809633978&type=1&l=bd038dba9e

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Fantastic gig. Much better venue cos you get to see him more up close! Was thar far away at Croke Park it could've been anyone on stage. Come Undone def best of the night for me! So glad I made it to the gig. Hope everyone had a ball! :)

Karma Killer from last night for anyone interested...

& here's Kids for anyone who might like to see it.. ;)

• Advertisement

& here's Come Undone for PigeonPie..

Hope you enjoy

Here's the closing song called Losers...

Let Me Entertain You.......

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Thanks for posting those Bonoman!!! :D

PigeonPie wrote: »
    Thanks for posting those Bonoman!!! :D

No problem - you're more than welcome.

Glad people are enjoying the clips ;)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Thanks Bonoman. You have finally given me a reason to upgrade my Flash Player...:D They won't play on whatever I've got so now I'll upgrade (I've been ignoring the prompts for weeks now....)! I look forward to them.:)

Pipmae wrote: »
    Thanks Bonoman. You have finally given me a reason to upgrade my Flash Player...:D They won't play on whatever I've got so now I'll upgrade (I've been ignoring the prompts for weeks now....)! I look forward to them.:)

Sorry about that - I'd done nothing intentionally special to the uploaded clips so I guess its just a YouTube check for a particular minimum version of Flash necessary etc.. Its usually fairly quick & painless to upgrade Flash so hopefully it won't take you long & that you enjoy the clips after that effort ;)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Talk about overkill, 7 emails and 2 text messages in the last three days reminding me to bring the credit card and photo ID with me. I'm an adult, I'm not stupid, I've been to 100s of gigs before I know what to bring with me. :rolleyes:

Lol... I was working there. The overkill on emails etc was intentional but guess what????
    Dozens of them!!! :o

Ticketing worked out quite well otherwise. First time in use in this country and it went off quite smoothly. Great system IMO, even if it was a margin slower.

Nice version of Angels with solid crowd participation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

The concert seemed to be brilliant, watching some of the videos. :) wish I had gotten a ticket. xD

• Advertisement

The concert seemed to be brilliant, watching some of the videos. :) wish I had gotten a ticket. xD

Sorry you couldn't get a ticket for this show but maybe if you're in a positon to get one for his upcoming Tour (when it does kick off), you'll manage to get to see him again soon.

Love him or hate him - Rob is a superb 'showman'. He works hard throughout his gigs & has a very strong relationship with the Irish crowds. The Irish have a great Global reputation for liking their music after all ;) He seems to always get a really positive reaction in this country & acknowledges it.

The full tour should be worth going to see & recomended for anyone who hasn't seen him live but likes his music & wants to be pretty much guaranteed a good show..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Hey everyone!

Was in my Robbie bubble all weekend & crashed back down to earth this morning!

What a cracking show he put on! Loved the no frills stage & just the singing & performance he put on. Great showman & really seemed to enjoy himself.

Random celeb spot of the night was David Gest who was sitting in the row in front of us! Wonder did he have to enter the ballot like everyone else lol!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Robbie Williams returned to Dublin recently and raised a very generous 324,877.87 Euros which will go to UNICEF Ireland and Childline.

Neither the promoters nor the artist took any fees from the concert at Dublin's 02 on Sept 14th with just minimal venue costs being covered by ticket revenue leaving the vast majority to the two chosen charities.

On the same day Robbie Williams launched his clothing line Farrell in Brown Thomas before he thrilled the 02 with a set list spanning his twenty year career.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Anniebell wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Was in my Robbie bubble all weekend & crashed back down to earth this morning!

What a cracking show he put on! Loved the no frills stage & just the singing & performance he put on. Great showman & really seemed to enjoy himself.

Random celeb spot of the night was David Gest who was sitting in the row in front of us! Wonder did he have to enter the ballot like everyone else lol!

He was sitting behind me.. i took a sneaky pic over my shoulder cause i couldnt think of his surname for the life of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

His daughter Theodora Rose was born 4 days after the gig so we really were lucky it wasn't cancelled:eek:
    Anyway isn't this the cutest pic ever he looks so contented:D:D
    485786_10151426691208135_746269917_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

ziggy23 wrote: »
    His daughter Theodora Rose was born 4 days after the gig so we really were lucky it wasn't cancelled:eek:
    Anyway isn't this the cutest pic ever he looks so contented:D:D
    485786_10151426691208135_746269917_n.jpg

So cute. Delighted for Robbie and Ayda

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Apparently he is playing not one but two nights in the Aviva Stadium next June (13th and 14th). The venue has probably been booked but presumably any big announcement will take place next month or in November in time for Xmas.

SB-08 wrote: »
    Apparently he is playing not one but two nights in the Aviva Stadium next June (13th and 14th). The venue has probably been booked but presumably any big announcement will take place next month or in November in time for Xmas.

Wher did you hear this? As much as I like Robbie I can't see him selling out two Aviva's, but if his new album is as big as Escapology I could be wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    Wher did you hear this? As much as I like Robbie I can't see him selling out two Aviva's, but if his new album is as big as Escapology I could be wrong.

Surely if he can do 1 nights in the Aviva he could just do a Croke Park gig?

• Advertisement

Surely if he can do 1 nights in the Aviva he could just do a Croke Park gig?

1 night in the Aviva would be grand, Croke Park is a possibility as he's played there 3 times but with the poor sales for RHCP there this summer it would be risky for promoters to put anyone there (unless its U2), add that to the fact Lady GaGa didn't sell out the Aviva and she's bigger than Robbie.

Regardless I'd be tempted to go again no matter where he plays, though I might be heading stateside next summer so I'll more than likely wait till closer to the date when the big tour is announced.

Advertisement