Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    1 night in the Aviva would be grand, Croke Park is a possibility as he's played there 3 times but with the poor sales for RHCP there this summer it would be risky for promoters to put anyone there (unless its U2), add that to the fact Lady GaGa didn't sell out the Aviva and she's bigger than Robbie.

Regardless I'd be tempted to go again no matter where he plays, though I might be heading stateside next summer so I'll more than likely wait till closer to the date when the big tour is announced.

Ah yea i agree but i meant if they think he can sell out 2 nights in the Aviva why not do 1 croke park . Id say the RDS might be safer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Sorry to drag up this thread again but did anyone else get codes for his London gigs next month? I did and was considering going over as flights were only €35 but when I seen the price of the tickets £100 for standing and £137 seating:eek: Very disappointed:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up this thread again but did anyone else get codes for his London gigs next month? I did and was considering going over as flights were only €35 but when I seen the price of the tickets £100 for standing and £137 seating:eek: Very disappointed:(:mad:

Heya, I had a hotel booked and all for peanuts but had to cancel as there's no way I was sitting up in the clouds or paying that much for a decent seat. Gutted this morning as everyone else is going but I
    Just don't have the spends :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

karaokeman wrote: »
    Wher did you hear this? As much as I like Robbie I can't see him selling out two Aviva's, but if his new album is as big as Escapology I could be wrong.

Sorry for the late reply - forgot about this thread. No concrete source but a mate told me he had heard from someone who works locally who had been given a list of likely events for the rest of the year. We will soon find out as I would imagine the tour will be announced around the time of the O2 London dates, especially as one of them is due to be broadcast on ITV or CH4. It will maximize demand to put them on sale right after millions have seen it on primetime TV.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did sell out two dates at the Aviva - three would probably be pushing it with the recession but probably would've been booked just in case. It depends on the prices really - his O2 London dates have ridiculous prices - £100 for standing? I just read the reports that all of the dates sold out in less than an hour with ticketmaster claiming it was the biggest demand they have got for any live event this year. Not sure if Glasto was included in that but some reports claim that there was an over subscription of 5,000% which I find hard to believe. But I suppose if fans from abroad were applying too.

Madge and GaGa not selling it out wouldn't effect him. Madonna didn't sell out Slane either - it was obvious she wouldn't shift 65,000 especially with the prices. As a live act his history of playing here is pretty astonishing. Afterall he holds the record for the biggest gig in Irish history with his Phoenix Park gig about a decade ago where nearly 150,000 tickets were sold. And I remember well from his last big gig here when he played Croker - it was widely reported at the time that he sold it out quicker than U2 (something like 17 or 18 minutes) and could have played 3 or 4 nights based on demand. Obviously he is not as big but that was the last time he did a big gig here - he strikes me as one of those acts who people go to see live because of his reputation as a live act and all of his older hits- His newer music selling really well or really badly probably is'nt as important as it would be for a more current act like GaGa. There are no big gigs lined up for next year yet so a lot of people will be getting tickets for him for Xmas.

I really hope the Rolling Stones announce their 50th Anniversary tour this side of Xmas - I really want the Aviva and not Croker for them. Hopefully not Slane again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Anniebell wrote: »
    Heya, I had a hotel booked and all for peanuts but had to cancel as there's no way I was sitting up in the clouds or paying that much for a decent seat. Gutted this morning as everyone else is going but I
    Just don't have the spends :-(

Yea it's so disappointing plus the flights on ryanair were dirt cheap for that weekend too:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement