Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

so if people here got Glasgow, ticketmaster probably put all requests into one hat and did the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Missed out here too....bummer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

No luck either!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I got a Glasgow code & the ballot is apparently being redone. Eejits!! On a more positive note, my friend got a Dublin code through O2 so I am off to see the Robster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Anniebell wrote: »
    I got a Glasgow code & the ballot is apparently being redone. Eejits!! On a more positive note, my friend got a Dublin code through O2 so I am off to see the Robster!!!

Is this a personal thought or have you received confirmed info?

Unsuccessful myself

(Being following this thread and boards.ie for while but never got joined up, so bit the bullet today) :cool:

• Advertisement

http://gettothefront.co.uk/2012/09/robbie-williams-live-ballot-update/
    Did you get lucky?, Over half a million people tried to get their hands on tickets for these super exclusive live dates.

Sept 11th Leeds Academy
    Sept 12th Glasgow Barrowlands
    Sept 14th O2 Arena, Dublin
    Sept 16th Southend Cliffs Pavilion

Keep an eye on your emails. If the winners don’t book all the tickets allocated to them by the deadline of Thursday 6th September at Midday, Robbie & his team may be in touch to offer you a second chance.

Second chance winners will be contacted by Thursday 6th September and given a limited time to book tickets on a first come first served basis.

If you applied for tickets for shows in Glasgow or Dublin you will by now have received an email notifying you that you either have or haven’t been successful. An error was made meaning anyone who applied for Glasgow will have received notification about Dublin, and vice versa. This situation is currently being rectified & further communication will be sent out very shortly, tickets to Southend and Leeds are not affected.

Watch this space for any further live Robbie News!…

padski08 wrote: »

Is this a personal thought or have you received confirmed info?

Unsuccessful myself

(Being following this thread and boards.ie for while but never got joined up, so bit the bullet today) :cool:

Welcome to the thread! Theres an announcement on rw.com saying the ballot will have to be redone for the two venues. No details as to when it'll be done as yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

padski08 wrote: »
    http://gettothefront.co.uk/2012/09/robbie-williams-live-ballot-update/
    Did you get lucky?, Over half a million people tried to get their hands on tickets for these super exclusive live dates.

Sept 11th Leeds Academy
    Sept 12th Glasgow Barrowlands
    Sept 14th O2 Arena, Dublin
    Sept 16th Southend Cliffs Pavilion

Keep an eye on your emails. If the winners don’t book all the tickets allocated to them by the deadline of Thursday 6th September at Midday, Robbie & his team may be in touch to offer you a second chance.

Second chance winners will be contacted by Thursday 6th September and given a limited time to book tickets on a first come first served basis.

If you applied for tickets for shows in Glasgow or Dublin you will by now have received an email notifying you that you either have or haven’t been successful. An error was made meaning anyone who applied for Glasgow will have received notification about Dublin, and vice versa. This situation is currently being rectified & further communication will be sent out very shortly, tickets to Southend and Leeds are not affected.

Watch this space for any further live Robbie News!…

Haha, am I lucky then that I still haven't received an email??

Edit: scratch that, the unsuccessful email there now. So is it getting done again now or is it everyone who got Glasgow offers is actually Dublin offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Welcome to the thread! Theres an announcement on rw.com saying the ballot will have to be redone for the two venues. No details as to when it'll be done as yet though.

That is somewhat unfair on the people who were successful. Surely, they can just send out new codes, they have a list of successful applicants.

I agree that it is very unfair on people who were successful if new ballot is done (but I would love to be successful this time anyway :))

Huge mess from ticketmaster it seems?
    Due to a data-processing error all customers that had registered for the Robbie Williams performances in Glasgow and Dublin were informed they were successful in the ballot for the incorrect venue. Please note that tickets to Southend and Leeds were not affected.

As such, and in the interests of fairness, we have declared these ballots void and will be running them again. This is to ensure that in the new ballot everyone who entered has an equal chance of winning.

This page will be regularly updated with more information throughout the day.

Ticketmaster sincerely apologises for any disappointment and inconvenience caused and all ballot applicants will receive further communication shortly.

• Advertisement

Huge mess! I'd say someone somewhere in Ticketmaster HQ is being politely asked to leave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

So we are are still in with a chance???

ziggy23 wrote: »
    So we are are still in with a chance???

Yes

Everyone who entered ballot for Glasgow and Dublin is back to square 1 and ballot is being done from scratch again

Results to follow asap it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's a shame for those who were successful. But good for anyone who didn't get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Are they actually starting again and randomly selecting names for Dublin tickets, or just switching the Dublin/Glasgow ones? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

Are they actually starting again and randomly selecting names for Dublin tickets, or just switching the Dublin/Glasgow ones? :/

Everyone goes back in the pot and they go again...!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Unsuccessful :(

But they're doing it again? *fingers crossed* :D Is there a source for this which confirms it?

sucks for anyone who was successful first time around tho!

Dear Fan,

Ticketmaster regrets to inform you that due to a database error, you will have been advised that you were successful in the ticket ballot for the Robbie Williams performance at Glasgow Barrowland. However, this was incorrect as you actually applied for tickets for the Dublin concert.

As such, and in the interests of fairness to all Robbie Williams fans who applied for tickets for these two concerts, we have declared these ballots invalid and will be running them again shortly. You will receive the result of the new ballot by the end of today and we will be extending the booking period to midday on Friday 7th September to ensure you still get a fair chance to purchase.

Ticketmaster would like to sincerely apologise to Robbie and his fans for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. All ballot applicants will receive further communication shortly.

I wasn't successful first time so it's generic. Wonder if that means end of day as in midnight, or 6pm?

Just got this email from official site

Dear Fan,

Ticketmaster regrets to inform you that due to a database error, you will have been advised that you were successful in the ticket ballot for the Robbie Williams performance at Glasgow Barrowland. However, this was incorrect as you actually applied for tickets for the Dublin concert.

As such, and in the interests of fairness to all Robbie Williams fans who applied for tickets for these two concerts, we have declared these ballots invalid and will be running them again shortly. You will receive the result of the new ballot by the end of today and we will be extending the booking period to midday on Friday 7th September to ensure you still get a fair chance to purchase.

Ticketmaster would like to sincerely apologise to Robbie and his fans for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. All ballot applicants will receive further communication shortly.

So we'll know by this evening what the craic is. Best of luck to everyone again!!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wasn't successful first time so it's generic. Wonder if that means end of day as in midnight, or 6pm?

Got the same email its a joke:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I got that same email too. Fingers crossed again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭seniorolaighin

im happy as hopefully I'm in with a chance now!!! I wonder may it have been to do with capacity between the two venues.........not sure! but fingers crossed i get the golden ticket email this time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

The problem is that 2000 scots got the code for Dublin and 13500 Irish got the codes for Glasgow.They cant let that stand as it wont work so everyone goes into the pot again

I don't know anybody that got a code 1st time round. How many tickets are there for Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

wow, screw up on the initial draw, then screw up on the mail informing people of the screw up!

Ah well I don't mind the screw up on the mail. Main part is
    we have declared these ballots invalid and will be running them again shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Got the email to say I was unsuccessful so this is great news!!!! Fingers & toes crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 juratelle

What will happen to those who got the code from O2? The right code? I bought the tickets already and got flights for my mom to come and see Robbie. Spent more than €250 on the flights, cancelled my weekend in SPA... Will be very angry if they will come back saying that I'm not going to the concert now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ticketmaster would like to sincerely apologise to Robbie and his fans for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. All ballot applicants will receive further communication shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 juratelle

Just called Ticketmaster. They said if my transaction was successful - I have the tickets. They won't take them away from me.
    Oh...... such a relief...

Advertisement