Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

karaokeman wrote: »
    Just got an email back there from Ticketmaster and I got tickets to see Rob.

So, so happy I've never won anything like this in my life:D.

Well done ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

We got two also but we don't have a Credit Card - just an O2 card, which doesn't have a person's name on it. Wonder what the story would be if we purchase our tickets with it - would be get refused?
    Good news! We’ve run the new ballot and congratulations, you’re a winner! This means you have qualified to buy up to two tickets to see Robbie Williams at The O2 in Dublin.

The tickets are now available for purchase until Friday 7th September 2012 at Midday.

Please note, this is only valid for one purchase for a maximum of two tickets. This code is unique to you. Do not pass it to anyone else, as they will not be able to use it.

You will need your unique passcode below to make your purchase.

To take advantage of the offer you'll need to contact us during the Redemption Period so we can try to assist you in good time.

As we mentioned when you registered for the ballot, Ticketmaster has no control over the seating arrangements at the venue and accessible seating arrangements are always subject to the venue's limitations and/or restrictions so the venue may not always be able to accommodate your needs.

This event is strictly for Robbie Williams fans, so a special paperless ticket system will be in place to ensure that tickets go to the right homes.

And the good news just keeps on coming! Be one of first to get your hands on Robbie Williams new album ' Take The Crown' which isn't released until the 5th November but you can pre-order with your tickets.

To make your purchase, click here.

Enjoy the show and our sincere apologies once again for the confusion.

If you have any questions that we haven't answered here or below, feel free to contact Ticketmaster Customer Service here.
    To anyone that didn't get some, if money is not an issue - then you will get lots of single tickets over the next week I would say. I would say keep an eye on Adverts, Gumtree and Ebay for users willing to bring someone in as a guest.

For example, if a couple have managed to get selected with both their email addresses, they will have four tickets and if they buy two each, then they will sell their guest seats - can't see anyone giving these back (obviously that would be the best thing to do for those lucky enough to get tickets twice).

They say there was 500,000 people that entered, I would say that was more like 100,000 people with an average of 5 email addresses per person more like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Anniebell wrote: »
    I didn't mean to upset you Ziggy just don't want to see people being ripped off. If you know someone that has a code who gets two tickets you can go with them.
    I really hope you get to go x
    Anniebell wrote: »
    Well done ;-)

Ah thanks Anniebell
    I'm just upset as I'm a major fan who has been to every single gig of his here. Just think it was done very badly...bring back queing outside HMV for a whole night to get tickets! x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zings1

yippee , have got 2 tickets. was successful earlier too so i reckon the same people got emails this evening. I think ticketmaster have a cheek to charge €4.90 booking fee for each ticket tho after their cock up

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Myself, my sister and my friend all unsuccessful again. The first Robbie concert I've missed here.

Me thinks all the people who were on the thread earlier who had gotten tickets for the Glasgow show by mistake will be successful again.

Redo the ballet my a**e! :rolleyes:

Well done to everyone who is successful. Enjoy every minute. He's amazing live. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Unsuccessful again x5 :-) Friends also unsuccessful!

I think this was secretly being used to gauge interest for a proper tour

I have ads up everywhere:o
    Have to laugh at them sayin it's for the 'Real' fans, it was a bloody lottery ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

How much do these tickets cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Me thinks all the people who were on the thread earlier who had gotten tickets for the Glasgow show by mistake will be successful again.

Redo the ballet my a**e! :rolleyes:

I got a no earlier but a yes tonight. Happy for me. Sad for those who didn't.

Waiting for my friend to check her emails oh please let her get them as I'll be goin too;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

gerire wrote: »

€40

Nah my mate got none either boo hoo :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stalkerno2

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Ah thanks Anniebell
    I'm just upset as I'm a major fan who has been to every single gig of his here. Just think it was done very badly...bring back queing outside HMV for a whole night to get tickets! x
    My friend and I was just saying the same thing, would have queued up for it too. Like the old days queuing for 12 hours in grafton street!

I applied through 12 different emails by using friends and family emails and we got no tickets either :(

stalkerno2 wrote: »
    My friend and I was just saying the same thing, would have queued up for it too. Like the old days queuing for 12 hours in grafton street!

I applied through 12 different emails by using friends and family emails and we got no tickets either :(

Used to be great craic as well:D Ah bring back the 90s!!

Here stalkerno2 the only thing to do is find out where he's stayin and well stalk him :D
    I did that when I was 15 and got to meet him the sexy beast!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

The name on the credit/debit card and your Photo I.D. must match the name registered against your unique passcode. So no chance of getting tickets without winning the ballot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

gerire wrote: »

€35-45 and this friday is the deadline for buying them.

ciaramc wrote: »
    The name on the credit/debit card and your Photo I.D. must match the name registered against your unique passcode. So no chance of getting tickets without winning the ballot. :(

What way does it work for the guest ticket though? would u have to go in to the 02 with the person?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

What a cock up by Ticketmaster. I'm amazed to hear they still charged the booking fee. They should be made donate it to charity like Robbie is donating all the profits. It's a shame for all the fans who missed out but apparently he is doing a big stadium tour next summer so it's virtually guaranteed he will play Croker or The Aviva. I reckon this gig was done solely to get the whole 'free gig' issue out of the way before they announce a stadium show in Dublin before Christmas. Expect him on the Late Late Show the day tickets go on sale. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

What way does it work for the guest ticket though? would u have to go in to the 02 with the person?

Yea, you have to go in with them, it's a ticketless event so I can see seating being a mess, and possibly massive q's to get in too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Shame I only registered with one email address. I thought it was only one registration per person. Gutted to not get tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I have ads up everywhere:o
    Have to laugh at them sayin it's for the 'Real' fans, it was a bloody lottery ffs!!

You have PM

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

atgate wrote: »
    I got a no earlier but a yes tonight. Happy for me. Sad for those who didn't.

Glad to hear it. Congrats.

Hopefully that's my theory blown out of the water. Would hate to think it was a scam.

Must have been a great feeling getting the second email. Enjoy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

my gf got them through o2 priority today at 12. but she had to buy a download album for 12 euro and the tickets where 45each. she used her brothers credit card will she be ok if she brings her id and his id and card???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

Yup, that's what I was saying about people selling their guest slots -bound to be people that were successful a few times and the guest needs no ID whatsoever to gain entry.
    massy086 wrote: »
    my gf got them through o2 priority today at 12. but she had to buy a download album for 12 euro and the tickets where 45each. she used her brothers credit card will she be ok if she brings her id and his id and card???

She will have to bring that credit card with her and hope that the staff on the door only look at the surname or don't mind that she used a family member's card. Just don't marry her before Friday week, as no way would she get in with a credit card with another surname :)

SB-08 wrote: »
    What a cock up by Ticketmaster. I'm amazed to hear they still charged the booking fee. They should be made donate it to charity like Robbie is donating all the profits. It's a shame for all the fans who missed out but apparently he is doing a big stadium tour next summer so it's virtually guaranteed he will play Croker or The Aviva. I reckon this gig was done solely to get the whole 'free gig' issue out of the way before they announce a stadium show in Dublin before Christmas. Expect him on the Late Late Show the day tickets go on sale. ;)

His wife is about to pop isn't she? So I reckon your right we won't hear anything from him til next summer.
    I much prefer the smaller gigs though I have to say...I remember goin to see him in the Olympia in 97...that was all he'd fill back then:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilko_con

My other half got a no earlier but a yes this eve. The person who gets the code needs tio purchase and attend on the night - checked with ID. You pick ur seats when paying so seating shouldn't be an issue. It will just be like everyone picking up the tickets at the box office.

I got a yes earlier and again this eve. Other half not taking his (as I'm the real fan) so I hope some of you will get his code on Friday!! 😜 my friend got a no both times so doesn't seem to be a scam from my experiences!! Really hope some of the 'real fans' get a chance on fri. We also just entered once- it did say if u enter a load of email u will be disqualified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Was successful...but only registered for the missus, I'd have no interest at all in going, if I give her my card and ID would she and a friend get in alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

If anyone is short two guests in sure I could find two willing people :)

Fair play to all successful, will be great gig as all his are. Looking forward to announcement of full tour hopefully for next year too

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stalkerno2

stalkerno2 wrote: »

Used to be great craic as well:D Ah bring back the 90s!!

Here stalkerno2 the only thing to do is find out where he's stayin and well stalk him :D
    I did that when I was 15 and got to meet him the sexy beast!!

Ha ha, that sounds like a great idea! Hopefully staying in the merrion beside my job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 bilko_con

Was successful...but only registered for the missus, I'd have no interest at all in going, if I give her my card and ID would she and a friend get in alright?

Did u use her name when entering with your email?? If I was ur wife I'd be dragging u in in person to get the tickets!! You'll prob find on the night it will be so manic they'll let u collect but let the girls in to avoid hassle!! I'm purely guessing here so don't go with what I say!

Advertisement