Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

laros wrote: »
    Please don't feed the touts....:mad: If these people cant go to the gig they should not try to sell the codes. In my opinion they should give them away.

You are right - that is how people with codes they can't use should treat other RW fans who really want to go. (Free World though - so won't always happen :rolleyes: )

Please just give your code to some RW fan if you can't use it.

I missed out on both ballots so I'm in that category of watching / trying to see if I can get a code (won't pay for one though).

I only need 1 ticket for myself but if I get a code, I'll purchase 2 tix & sell the other at face value to another RW fan etc..

Some people with codes have been really good & fair about this in how they have treated other fans by giving their codes - so many thanks to those for doing the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

bonoman66 wrote: »
    You are right - that is how people with codes they can't use should treat other RW fans who really want to go. (Free World though - so won't always happen :rolleyes: )

Please just give your code to some RW fan if you can't use it.

I missed out on both ballots so I'm in that category of watching / trying to see if I can get a code (won't pay for one though).

I only need 1 ticket for myself but if I get a code, I'll purchase 2 tix & sell the other at face value to another RW fan etc..

Some people with codes have been really good & fair about this in how they have treated other fans by giving their codes - so many thanks to those for doing the right thing.

Really wish I came across some of those people! I'm forking out well over the odds for my ticket...only cos it is Robbie though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Personally i think if these people 'were doing the right thing' they would do nothing with their codes so they coukd go back into the allocation of unsold tickets that will go on sale on Fri.

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Really wish I came across some of those people! I'm forking out well over the odds for my ticket...only cos it is Robbie though:cool:

I know - I understand your situation / pain. Its frustrating.

I like music too (a lot) & like going to live shows by many popular artists.

I've been attending concerts & supporting artists for many years (not going to give my age away ;) but lets say for several decades).

During that time, I've been lucky enough to meet some really nice people from different countries & I've seen first hand how 'real fans' should treat each other & they generally do for some of the 'closer knit' fan communities for some bands.

We're in tough economic times & I also understand it a 'Free World' & maybe a natural initial instinct in someone who is in a certain position to potentially 'make a few quid' - to try & do that. I don't condone it though & would prefer it didn't happen.

I have personally found it more rewarding (not in a financial sense) to have been able to help other fans out over the years by either giving them tickets for free (admittedly haven't done it too often) where I couldn't use them or to, at the very least, sell a spare ticket at face value (or below).

I've developed good relationships with various fans as a result of doing this & I find it more satisfying to have done that , rather than to have known I exploited some genuine fan in a difficult situation where they badly needed a ticket.

I hope you get sorted out (after me of course :D - just kidding)

mel.b wrote: »
    Personally i think if these people 'were doing the right thing' they would do nothing with their codes so they coukd go back into the allocation of unsold tickets that will go on sale on Fri.

Its a fair point.

Personally - I don't trust Ticketmaster as an organization at all. There is not enough accountability with them as an organization at times. They don't always do what they say & are not always able to sufficiently / adequetly provide the ticket sales service they are supposed to provide the public.

They've let me down on many occasions over the years - regularly messing up high demand ticket sales & I've love to know what the specifcations / scale of their backend IT infrastrcture is that supports their ticket sales service/process ;) .

I'm probably just being paranoid but my take would be that if the codes went back into the general pool again - you may not be guaranteed they'd end up as available ticket purchase options again. (I know that's what has been indicated - that they would be available etc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'd be wary of buying codes. In the family we won two codes the first worked last night but the other isn't working it's saying sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

After watching the channel 4 documentry a while back about the legal tout websites abd their source if tickets, I have no faith in ticketmaster or many ticket agents

Genuine fans do miss out

Although I'm use to it for gigs like this as demand will always outweigh supply, I don't let it get to me but I do like the challenge of finally get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

i got two tickets....but can anyone tell me what time he'll be onstage at...and who the support will be ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Is there anyone here who has gotten a code from someone and successfully bought tickets? They arent being fussy with email addresses?

Edit dunno where that sad face came from :O

Would love to know this answer too.

Would absolutely love tickets, was unsuccessful in both ballots.

Do you think it is ok get (buy) a code from someone even though it will be my id and name on credit card? Or will they be checking the registered ballot name? THX

Does anyone have a spare code?

ciaramc wrote: »
    Would love to know this answer too.

Would absolutely love tickets, was unsuccessful in both ballots.

Do you think it is ok get (buy) a code from someone even though it will be my id and name on credit card? Or will they be checking the registered ballot name? THX

Does anyone have a spare code?

I'm meeting somebody tomorrow who is willing to sell me their code and I'll use my card but their email address to purchase tickets. If this doesnt work there will be no charge and they'll go back into the system.

• Advertisement

Thanks ziggy23. Im so tempted to buy a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

coolegrain wrote: »
    i got two tickets....but can anyone tell me what time he'll be onstage at...and who the support will be ??

Nobody would know at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Can't go so have put the code up on adverts if anyone is interested. Linked to the sale of other tickets though. Will give people on this thread preference if I'm made aware.

william wrote: »
    Can't go so have put the code up on adverts if anyone is interested. Linked to the sale of other tickets though. Will give people on this thread preference if I'm made aware.

Sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

kensutz wrote: »
    Nobody would know at this stage

not too bothered about the support...just wondering whats a good time to arrive.....the virtual ticket, or email conformation, says 6.30....thats very early....will this be like a normal gig where it'll be maybe 9 or so for the main event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

If there is anyone else with a code and they aren't able to go id gladly take it from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilko_con

mel.b wrote: »

My other half sent his back as it was me who wanted it and i was lucky enough to get a code. He got one on the second ballot non Tue eve. Bit much selling your code!! one of my other friend wanted it even though she doesn't really like him so i told her -no way! Maybe i'm a meanie!

For thoes still looking for tickets there is a comp to win 2 pairs - http://www.robbiewilliams.com/news-blogs/win-tickets-to-robbies-september-live-shows

Never know someone may be lucky! if the page comes up funny (like it did on my screen) scroll down to the bottom and its there

Thing today fell through my son was sick so couldn't meet the girl ( who wanted 90 for the code alone) Still have a girl willin to meet me at the 02 and myself and a friend use the guest tickets but some randomer gave me their code on gumtree. My ad was subsequently deleted but still got the email and tried to use the cose but credit card was rejected at end of process:(
    Would love to hear if anybody successfully used somebody else's code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Just went to try and buy with my successful code and got this

Our ticketing system is currently unavailable due to routine maintenance. Please check back at a later time.

Thought I was still good to buy until 12 tomorrow;

Id say there will be lots of people who got codes who cant go. there is 3 on this thread already and about 10 going so if in general aprox 15% who were offered dont go there will be more offers id say. Now the message i got annoys me. Ticketmaster is worldwide therefore open 24hrs a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

gerire wrote: »
    Just went to try and buy with my successful code and got this

Our ticketing system is currently unavailable due to routine maintenance. Please check back at a later time.

Thought I was still good to buy until 12 tomorrow;

Id say there will be lots of people who got codes who cant go. there is 3 on this thread already and about 10 going so if in general aprox 15% who were offered dont go there will be more offers id say. Now the message i got annoys me. Ticketmaster is worldwide therefore open 24hrs a day?

Just checked there and it's working perfect. :)

Am still waiting to find someone down here with me who will go as I don't have a card to book with.

Fingers crossed. :)

• Advertisement

i just rang the number on the email and sleepy english guy says its sold out, even though i have a code?.....;

i only get that message once i put my code in and the 'capthca' << whatever << code

WIFE IS GOING TO KILL ME!

i just rang the number on the email and sleepy english guy says its sold out, even though i have a code?.....;

i only get that message once i put my code in and the 'capthca' << whatever << code

WIFE IS GOING TO KILL ME!

It's still working for me and taking me to credit card screen.

I can't go through with booking till someone down here that has a card can go.

Both standing and seating still left.

Try again!!!

Sleepy English guy is getting awake and annoyed with gerire; i know the codes are not his fault but how can you still get through to the purchase screen and i can not

[edit] changed from the pc im writing this on to a laptop to try it and got to buy standing tickets (that was all that was offered) 1st wedding anniversary present done, actually as its a 'paper'less ticket i still have to get her something else don't I :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sleepy English guy is getting awake and annoyed with gerire; i know the codes are not his fault but how can you still get through to the purchase screen and i can not

[edit] changed from the pc im writing this on to a laptop to try it and got to buy standing tickets (that was all that was offered) 1st wedding anniversary present done, actually as its a 'paper'less ticket i still have to get her something else don't I :P

Can give her the printout. :D

So if the deadline is midday today, when do you think the results of the next ballot will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can give her the printout. :D

So if the deadline is midday today, when do you think the results of the next ballot will be announced?

The email said tickets will be on "first come, first serve basis"

My understanding is they will email all unsuccessful candidates at once and will be freeforall until all tickets are gone

Thats my take on it but could easily be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

padski08 wrote: »
    The email said tickets will be on "first come, first serve basis"

My understanding is they will email all unsuccessful candidates at once and will be freeforall until all tickets are gone

Thats my take on it but could easily be wrong

Ah ok. Think I probably just noticed "unsuccessful" and "midday on Friday". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zings1

has anybody else who was successful and bought tickets just get a reminder email as follows -
    We’d like to remind you that as a lucky winner, you’re still able to book tickets until midday today, so make sure you don’t miss out!ail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

zings1 wrote: »
    has anybody else who was successful and bought tickets just get a reminder email as follows -
    We’d like to remind you that as a lucky winner, you’re still able to book tickets until midday today, so make sure you don’t miss out!ail ?

Yep, probably a generic email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 zings1

kensutz wrote: »
    Yep, probably a generic email.

cheers for that, had a horrible feeling there for a moment :)

Advertisement