Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

If someone needs a code, then please PM me. People that I had in mind are offline and are not responding.

Edit: Code gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I've a code here, first to PM me gets it.

Edit: Code gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

One of the codes someone in the family was sent was already used by the time they got to use it 12 hrs later. I wonder are people guessing codes and using them. Still looking for one more code if anyone has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

I've a code here, first to PM me gets it.

Thanks so much for your generousity.

I managed to get 1 ticket for myself.

I know I'd said I'd try get 2 tickets if I got a code so I could try sell one at face value to another RW fan but I was running out of time (midday today was meant to be the cut off point) & kept getting no availability for the 2 tickets when I was trying. I needed a seated ticket so ended up having to take the 1.

If I'd had more time - I would have kept trying for 2 tix with all the various combinations at the ticket order screen but I was afraid the system would lock out orders at midday so I didn't have time on my side.

I am sorry I couldn't get a spare ticket for another person but I'm extremely grateful to you for being so kind / generous in pasing your code to a genuine fan & music lover who will be in attendance on the night.

Owe you a pint!

Much obliged,

Trev

• Registered Users Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Interesting. Just got this mail and looks like they don't like the sharing of codes.
    We promised you'd be first to know about additional tickets being made available for Robbie Williams at the O2 in Dublin on 14th September and we're delighted to say that you are being given the opportunity to purchase up to two tickets on a strictly first come, first served basis.

In this email you will find a unique code which will enable you to purchase up to two tickets. Please be advised that codes cannot be shared or resold, and anyone whose booking name is found not to match the name the code was issued to may have their booking cancelled without notification.

Hope that doesn't affect anyone who passed them on and is an idle threat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

Can't see them having anyway of checking such information.

They will scan your card and ask for ID to match the card - that's all they can do with handheld devices.

If anyone looking to buy tickets wants a passcode - PM me as I have one still unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what's the story with this gig, I thought it was all free?? Now they are selling tickets. Does anyone know how many actual free tickets were available?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It was never free. It was a ballot for fans to enter a draw to get a code to purchase tickets.

kensutz wrote: »
    It was never free. It was a ballot for fans to enter a draw to get a code to purchase tickets.

oh really? But I received a mail saying I was unsuccessful but now I have received a mail saying I can buy tickets with a code. I thought Robbie was doing a free concert no? Aren't some tickets free?

it's a lame publicity stunt if you ask me. Surely sharing codes won't work due to the original email address etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Just got 3 emails with 3 codes!

If anyone still needs one pm me

• Advertisement

I don't see how they can check anything other than the payment details match the ticket.

As many people don't use their real name as their email address or for registering stuff. I certainly don't.

In that way I don't get spam from email name generating bots.

Seems like you might be able to guess the code though, as one of our codes was used before we got to buy a ticket.

oh really? But I received a mail saying I was unsuccessful but now I have received a mail saying I can buy tickets with a code. I thought Robbie was doing a free concert no? Aren't some tickets free?
    Money goes to charity.
    Surely sharing codes won't work due to the original email address etc?

They will scan your card and then ask for ID to match the card.

There is no way that they will have the time or system in place to ask for email addresses and names associated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Ted! wrote: »
    Money goes to charity.

They will scan your card and then ask for ID to match the card.

There is no way that they will have the time or system in place to ask for email addresses and names associated with them.

Im thinking that they will cancel the booking if the name associated with the code does not match the name on the card used for booking. Nothing done on site. Just a thought.

Its a bit of PITA if you want to buy a partner a ticket and don't want to go yourself, or buy it for a daughter (or son)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Got a second chance email and just bought my 2 tickets! so happy!! can't wait to see Robbie :D

I got a code, first to PM me gets it.

I got another code too to an email that missed out the first time. I'm trying that one now. So they are obviously releasing more codes now, so you might get one if you didn't the first time!

clearly those who did receive the codes initially are not taking up the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

got 2 tickets but there standing :( wanted seated but at least i got em:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Just tried to get tickets from the email for the 2nd ballot but no joy - seem to be all gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

im not actually sure if i got standing tickets checked ticketmaster and this is what it says :

Section

STAND

Row

G6

Seats

141 - 142

anyone any ideas ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Just received an email for tickets yayy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I got the email but when i went to buy them there was none!! So anyone who still has the code, you wont get any tickets now as they must have sold out again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Just got my tickets on the second chance!! So delighted!!!! System wouldn't let me purchase two tickets so had to buy two individually, one with my code and one with my husband's code. Can't believe it!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Andreac, sent you PM.:)

Im thinking that they will cancel the booking if the name associated with the code does not match the name on the card used for booking. Nothing done on site. Just a thought.

If everyone had to gain access via the box office, then I would say that is a possibility, but these are hand held devices and so I would say that they would just swipe your card until they hear a beep and then MAYBE check your photo ID matches the card.
    clearly those who did receive the codes initially are not taking up the tickets.

Why would they when almost everyone I know that got codes the first time, got refused on the other ten email accounts they had :P

All these codes now available are just coming back from people that were successful the first time, multiple times and so only used one of the codes they got and let the rest go back into the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Tried my code there and no tickets available it seems. Was it everyone who didnt get a code first time round got the email 2day to sell the gig out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Would the codes still be valid until tonight, would anyone know? It's about the only time I'll be able to purchase them. :/

WOnder why people who got codes second time round cant get tickets now though??

• Advertisement

Would the codes still be valid until tonight, would anyone know? It's about the only time I'll be able to purchase them. :/

The tickets are all gone!! Ive a code and im trying to get them now and its saying there is none:(

Advertisement