Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams in the O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Heard that if you get the "sold out" option, try buying the cd with ticket and tickets are available....

Not done this myself but may work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

padski08 wrote: »
    Heard that if you get the "sold out" option, try buying the cd with ticket and tickets are available....

Not done this myself but may work

Hasn't worked either unfortunetly.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

1znwdx1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Got the same thing but was letting me buy 1 seated ticket:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Shylock16 wrote: »
    im not actually sure if i got standing tickets checked ticketmaster and this is what it says :

Section

STAND

Row

G6

Seats

141 - 142

anyone any ideas ??

Hiya,they are definitely standing.They just have numbers so they can keep track of how many people are gonna be in the standing section.

Couldn't get anyone with a card to go so will just have to make do with Lady Gaga the night after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

Hiya,they are definitely standing.They just have numbers so they can keep track of how many people are gonna be in the standing section.

Couldn't get anyone with a card to go so will just have to make do with Lady Gaga the night after!

Hey thanks for clearing that up for me !! Sorry to hear you couldnt get urself sorted but i gotta feeling he will be back next summer !!!

Why would they send out codes if there werent enough tickets left? What an awful way to treat your customers:mad:

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Why would they send out codes if there werent enough tickets left? What an awful way to treat your customers:mad:

Everyone got the email that was unsuccessful and it was first come first serve to sell it out asap id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Unfortunately for the type of gig this is (one off with limited capacity - compared to a massive outdoor stadium, tickets not available on general sale outside of ballot etc..), there was always the high probability of demand far exceeding supply..so it really was a 'first come first served' scenario so that's what they had to indicate in the ballot emails..

I don't think there was ever a ticket for every single code sent out - that's why some people may be now left with a valid code but no option of purchasing a ticket.

Its possible & likely too that not every ticket for the gig was allocated to the ballot as some tickets would probably have been allocated to corporate, VIP, crew/family, maybe Audi Club, Premium Club etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

So' after watching the email since 12nn, of course it comes 15 min after leaving my desk :(

But....i got a ticket when i got back to the desk just before 2.30 woohooo! :):)
    Pretty sure it is seated as well.

Ziggy, on my email it says first in, first served. I wasn't expecting there to be tickets left an hour after they were released but they were. Really bummed for you if you have missed out :(

Now just to work out how to get to Dublin and back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 bilko_con

Cant believe they would give codes if there wasn't enough tickets for each one - bad form!. I got another code today. if anyone wants to try it please pm me

Dont worry I guys I am using someone elses guest tickets but payin 75 euro a pop and would have liked to have gotten them the fair way.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Hi,
    Do you know if they will be strict in that the cardholder has to go to the concert. I got 2 tickets before want my wife and sister to use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

Dont worry I guys I am using someone elses guest tickets but payin 75 euro a pop and would have liked to have gotten them the fair way.

That's not a bad price in fairness - can see guest access going for a €100+ a pop in the days leading up to concert.

Ted! wrote: »
    That's not a bad price in fairness - can see guest access going for a €100+ a pop in the days leading up to concert.

Yea I suppose not and standing too which is what I wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

keng66 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do you know if they will be strict in that the cardholder has to go to the concert. I got 2 tickets before want my wife and sister to use them.

I just purchased my tix online and it says...

No paper tickets will be mailed out. To enter the venue, each original purchaser and any person accompanying them to the show must be present at the venue on the night of the show. There are no exceptions to this.
    Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) in order to enter the event. The name on your photo ID must match the name on the credit/debit card used for the ticket purchase, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event.The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event.
    There will be no exceptions to the above, no name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances.

So if you booked them in your name you could take your chances but be prepared they may be refused entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭micks_address

Same issue here my friend used his visa to pay for mine. If I bring his card Id and letter of authority to use his card will my wife and I be let in?
    mel.b wrote: »
    keng66 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just purchased my tix online and it says...

No paper tickets will be mailed out. To enter the venue, each original purchaser and any person accompanying them to the show must be present at the venue on the night of the show. There are no exceptions to this.
    Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) in order to enter the event. The name on your photo ID must match the name on the credit/debit card used for the ticket purchase, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event.The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event.
    There will be no exceptions to the above, no name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances.

So if you booked them in your name you could take your chances but be prepared they may be refused entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Same issue here my friend used his visa to pay for mine. If I bring his card Id and letter of authority to use his card will my wife and I be let in?

I read there a while ago on the Robbie Williams facebook page that in situations like this to contact ticketmaster. Here's what it says:

We have been reading your comments and feedback regarding the tickets for Robbie's forthcoming live dates and your concerns around the paperless ticketing system.

If you believe you have a valid reason as to why you might be unable to comply with terms and conditions, we encourage you to contact Ticketmaster on 08444 999 999.

They will consider all genuine circumstances and all effort will be made to accommodate extenuating situations.

I've tried their customer service line twice now and was on hold for over 30 minutes and no answer. I've emailed a question via their website
    PigeonPie wrote: »

I read there a while ago on the Robbie Williams facebook page that in situations like this to contact ticketmaster. Here's what it says:

We have been reading your comments and feedback regarding the tickets for Robbie's forthcoming live dates and your concerns around the paperless ticketing system.

If you believe you have a valid reason as to why you might be unable to comply with terms and conditions, we encourage you to contact Ticketmaster on 08444 999 999.

They will consider all genuine circumstances and all effort will be made to accommodate extenuating situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

I've tried their customer service line twice now and was on hold for over 30 minutes and no answer. I've emailed a question via their website

Hope you manage to get through. You'd think ticketmaster would have known things like this would happen with a ticketless event and they should have been better prepared.

• Advertisement

Let us know how you get on, i had to call for another reason earlier and gave up after 10 mins on hold

They emailed me back to say couldn't guarantee entry on night. Friend offered to give me a photocopy of his passport plus his credit card. Surely that be sufficient along with a letter of authorisation to use his card.
    padski08 wrote: »

Let us know how you get on, i had to call for another reason earlier and gave up after 10 mins on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Tickets already for sale on donedeal. People would need to be careful buying these in case they are strict on the door with ID.

Yea says in the terms and conditions in the email with the code:

Terms and conditions
    1. We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout.
    2. No paper tickets will be mailed out. To enter the venue, each original purchaser and any person accompanying them to the show must be present at the venue on the night of the show. There are no exceptions to this.
    3. Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) in order to receive the tickets. The name on your photo ID must match the name against the name on the credit/debit card used for the ticket purchase, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event. The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event.
    4. There will be no exceptions to the above, no name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances.
    5. The original conditions of sale will be enforced. Tickets are non-transferable under any circumstances and any resale or transfer, or attempted resale or transfer, will invalidate your ticket purchase.
    6. No refunds will be given unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled.
    7. Customers with disabilities should call 0818903001 (Republic of Ireland) or 00353 818 903 001 (International). Please have your passcode ready to quote so that we can process your booking (subject to availability).
    8. All ticket purchases are subject to the standard terms and conditions and Purchase Policy of Ticketmaster (UK) Limited, accessible at www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html, as well as these terms and conditions. In the event of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

anyone know how i could go about swapping standing tickets for seated ? highly unlikely i know but worth a try !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

D6YLS6WM

I was offered a code in the ballot and didnt follow through as the seats were in the sky.

Its there for anyone who wants it.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

D6YLS6WM

I was offered a code in the ballot and didnt follow through as the seats were in the sky.

Its there for anyone who wants it.

Good Luck

It wont work now, all the tickets are gone!! I have two codes and i cant get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i got 2 to go with my gf but she's away for the night

anybody wanna tag along and just pay me the face value of the ticket ???

pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Was just thinking since its a paperless event how are they going to know who paid extra for seated tickets and what seats they were allocated? I'll go mad if someone takes my seat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 7worldscollide

Hey
    Due to a TM nightmare while booking, i ended up with 1 seated ticket, would really like standing so in the vain hope anyone had the opposite problem, we could swap, maybe inside the venue given the strict door conditions :)

Advertisement