Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple All-Grain Light Hybrid beer recipe needed

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a simple all-grain light hybrid recipe. My chosen method is BIAB and this will be my first all-grain brew so something fairly easy to put together would be great. I have 1.9kg Maris Otter and some EK Goldings at my disposal but will be putting an order in over the next few days.

By light hybrid beer I mean something fizzy but still tasty and session worthy! I have non-homebrew drinkers to please :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Have you temperature controlled fermentation?

4Kg of MO, 50g EKG at 60 min and 10g again at 5 mins and fermented at 14C with Notty will give you 19L of simple beer along the lines of what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hi

Here is something I put together, its light and maybe be lower gravity depending on your efficiency (80-70%)

Its low in bitterness, but has a bit of hop aroma added in at the end of boil

Any of the dry yeast listed will be a good choice, Safale s04 flocculate very fast for speedy turn around

Anyway enjoy

Batch Size (L): 20.00
    Total Grain (kg): 3.20
    Anticipated OG: 1.040-1.035
    Anticipated SRM: 6.4
    Anticipated IBU: 21.5
    Brewhouse Efficiency: 80-70 %
    Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name
    93.8 3.00 kg. Pale Malt
    6.3 0.20 kg. Crystal 55L

Hops

Amount Name Boil Time
    30.00 g. Goldings - E.K. 60 min.
    30.00 g. Goldings - E.K. 5 min.

Yeast:
    Nottingham, Windsor or Safale so4

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

Cheers folks!

Perhaps this is a bit of a noob question but is there a difference between Maris Otter and Pale Malt 2 row? I read many recipes and generally they call for 2 row.

I usually order from homebrewcompany.ie but they don't seem to stock it? Perhaps im not looking hard enough lol

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Maris Otter is just a specific variety of barley. It has a reputation for having a nice flavour for brewing.

Some places sell Pale Ale Malt, which is a blend of different varieties, and may or may not contain Maris Otter (or Pearl, or Flagon, or...).

You can use them interchangeably.

Advertisement