Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Specific question about signing up to S&S secondary

• 28-08-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have been in my school for the last 2 years (qualified a few years ago) but never signed up for the S&S scheme for different reasons.

I was going to sign up to it this year to help out the school and keep on principal's side but I don't know what to do now with all the talk about new entrants into the scheme (which would be me).

Does anyone know if I sign up to this will I get paid?

(not doing it for the money anyway as its not great but don't want to do it for free if others are getting paid)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,265 ✭✭✭✭km79

JD3112 wrote: »
    I have been in my school for the last 2 years (qualified a few years ago) but never signed up for the S&S scheme for different reasons.

I was going to sign up to it this year to help out the school and keep on principal's side but I don't know what to do now with all the talk about new entrants into the scheme (which would be me).

Does anyone know if I sign up to this will I get paid?

(not doing it for the money anyway as its not great but don't want to do it for free if others are getting paid)

Thanks
    No you won't.
    People who were signed up to scheme pre Feb continue to get paid as normal.
    Anyone who signed up after feb (or now) will not get paid until the Governments allowance review is finished and they decide whether it will be paid anymore ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭smallgarden

http://www.tui.ie/news-events/supervision-and-substitution-201213-update-.2175.html

this suggests otherwise.once youve been paid by department you will get paid for it regardless of whether you have signed up for it before or not.both unions are saying this

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JD3112

cheers, that clears that up for the time being anyway

Advertisement