Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ASOS Delivery charges?

• 28-08-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've never bought from asos.com before so just wondering is standard delivery to Ireland free? I looked it up on the site and it said it was - I find this a bit hard to believe since most other clothes sites charge for delivery.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yep, standard delivery is free and fairly quick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

ASOS do free delivery to Ireland,. You only have to pay if you want express delivery, which I think is delivery by courier and is around 5 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks a mil for the quick response guys - just while I'm here, how much do returns cost?

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for the quick response guys - just while I'm here, how much do returns cost?

Returns are also free if you use standard post.

If you use registered or courier then you have to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Toast4532 wrote: »

If you use registered or courier then you have to pay.

Thanks - would standard post be safe though? Probably be better off to pay I guess

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks - would standard post be safe though? Probably be better off to pay I guess
    To be honest, I rarely use standard post.

I send returns via registered post, mostly I use Anpost, but sometimes Fastway couriers are cheaper. http://www.postplus.ie/

1kg-2kg with Fastway (post plus) is 7.95 euros, but with An Post you could be charged but with An post it is 10e.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Registered+Post.htm

I wouldn't recommend standard post, but that's just me, I have had too many bad experiences with it so I always prefer to pay for registered post as I hate stressing about things not arriving, being delayed etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Toast4532 wrote: »

Are they really? I've never seen that.

I've returned loads of things using the standard post , never had any problems.

Inbox wrote: »
    Are they really? I've never seen that.

I've returned loads of things using the standard post , never had any problems.
    I am 99.9% sure they are free as Irish returns are sent to the ASOS centre in Athlone, not the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I always use standard post as well. You only have to pay postage to Athlone so not too bad.

ams wrote: »
    I always use standard post as well. You only have to pay postage to Athlone so not too bad.

You have to pay for returns here? I was fully sure they were free.

It's been a long time since I sent anything via standard post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've had to pay for returns as well.

Advertisement