Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maginnis resigns from UUP

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

A rather sweeping generalisation there.

In fairness to the UUP they wouldn't stand for it and he had to leave. He'd have less problems in the DUP !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I am pie wrote: »
    In fairness to the UUP they wouldn't stand for it and he had to leave. He'd have less problems in the DUP !
    Thats not quite true... why capitulate and offer him the whip back then?

When push came to shove they wanted him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Lapin wrote: »
    Sad that having stood his ground in politics for over 50 years through many life and death situations of the troubles, that his political career should end over something as relatively trivial as this.

Senility is a good reason to end anyone's career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Biodegradable Bellend

So Ken doesn't agree with men bumming each other. Is he not entitled to his point of view? Those of you who disrespect his moral stand are no better than you perceive him to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

stuck by his guns. If he had an opinion and didnt express it we'd complain more.

just like the racists, fair play to them for their bigoted opinions....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Love this line-

''Well that's just nonsense Ken'' :D Made me lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

So Ken doesn't agree with men bumming each other. Is he not entitled to his point of view? Those of you who disrespect his moral stand are no better than you perceive him to be.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Was his mother unable to spell McGuinness when filling out the birth cert?

the Mc bit in the name would make him look like a fenian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Biodegradable Bellend

Rothmans wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

You've really put me in my place with your well constructed argument. Hope you put more into your thesis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

You've really put me in my place with your well constructed argument. Hope you put more into your thesis.

Your comment honestly didn't deserve anything more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Ken Maginnis is a massive Rugby fan and was a great Ireland supporter (in rugby terms) and was a member of Rugby club in NI as well. Dont know which though so I would have thought he would have no probelms with "unnatural acts".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Ken Maginnis has described himself in the past as "An Irishman who believes in the Union."

Advertisement